IGNORED

What will you shoot tomorrow?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Playing Oak Quarry tomorrow. 73.9/137 7002 yards

would like to shoot

score - 80

FIR- 10

GIR - 12

Putts 30

Penalty Strokes - 1

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

would like to shoot

score - 80

FIR- 10

GIR - 12

Putts 30

Penalty Strokes - 1

Have fun, Oak Quarry is a great course. If you can post an 80 from those tees, that would convert to about a 5.0 differential. That would be awfully impressive - good luck!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Have fun, Oak Quarry is a great course. If you can post an 80 from those tees, that would convert to about a 5.0 differential. That would be awfully impressive - good luck!

thank you. i used to play that course all the time a few years ago

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

would like to shoot

score - 80

FIR- 10

GIR - 12

Putts 30

Penalty Strokes - 1

Wow, Kyle.   73.9/137 7002 course?    I'd love to hear how you did against your goal.  ( To me, playing course this hard would be like self induced torture.   )

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Wow, Kyle.   73.9/137 7002 course?    I'd love to hear how you did against your goal.  ( To me, playing course this hard would be like self induced torture.   )

haha all i need to do is play smart. there is only 1 hole I'm worried about its a 235 par 3 =/ thats like a choked down 3 wood for me. also all 4 par 5's are 575 so i can't reach them in 2 ugh haha i'll post up by noon since my tee time is at 7

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

haha all i need to do is play smart. there is only 1 hole I'm worried about its a 235 par 3 =/ thats like a choked down 3 wood for me. also all 4 par 5's are 575 so i can't reach them in 2 ugh haha i'll post up by noon since my tee time is at 7

Heck, that'd be a driver for me!  Shoot 80 there and you're well on your way to scratch, it would give you a 5.0 differential!

Have fun, and let us know how it was.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Heck, that'd be a driver for me!  Shoot 80 there and you're well on your way to scratch, it would give you a 5.0 differential!

Have fun, and let us know how it was.

thank you mvmac posted some tips on my thread that i'll be trying out at the range tonight and tomorrow

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleAnthony

would like to shoot

score - 80

FIR- 10

GIR - 12

Putts 30

Penalty Strokes - 1

I think those are from the tips. At our last So. Cal. outing we played from the blues (71.9/133), and that was already pretty hard.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I think those are from the tips. At our last So. Cal. outing we played from the blues (71.9/133), and that was already pretty hard.

ya it was from the blacks

would like to shoot

score - 80

FIR- 10

GIR - 12

Putts 30

Penalty Strokes - 1

well i didn't do too hot today. maybe it was because an early round and no warm up, plus it was like 40 degrees. i did have a 20 yard pitch in for birdie to end the day which was nice. plus i fixed what i was doing wrong on the front 9 so thats cool. I'm ready for my practice round tomorrow at Talega.

Score - 91

FIR - 10 (Wo0t i met my goal here)

GIR - 4

Putts - 32 (2 strokes too many)

Penalty Strokes - 4

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

playing Talega tomorrow from the blues 71.7/129 6583 yards

i'll be more realistic with what i expect to shoot tomorrow

Score - 88

FIR - 12

GIR - 8

Putts - 30

Penalty Strokes - 2

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Score - 88

FIR - 12

GIR - 8

Putts - 30

Penalty Strokes - 2

Don't be that realistic, lol.  Talega is a bit easier than Oak Quarry.  Similar courses in that there are a lot of holes with hazards lining both sides of the hole, but wider fairways, usually less wind, and slower greens.  You also have five par 5's, 2 of which are very reachable with good drives (2 and 11).

Raise your expectations!! :-P

EDIT:  I say that ... but I've really never scored very well there, so it's probably all in my head. ;)  Lower your expectations!!!

Score - 88

FIR - 12

GIR - 8

Putts - 30

Penalty Strokes - 2

Score - 82 (thats one better than what the winner in my flight shot last year)

FIR - 12

GIR - 12

Putts - 29

Penalty Strokes - 0

Don't be that realistic, lol.  Talega is a bit easier than Oak Quarry.  Similar courses in that there are a lot of holes with hazards lining both sides of the hole, but wider fairways, usually less wind, and slower greens.  You also have five par 5's, 2 of which are very reachable with good drives (2 and 11).

Raise your expectations!!

EDIT:  I say that ... but I've really never scored very well there, so it's probably all in my head. ;)  Lower your expectations!!!

hahahaha ok ok. i changed it haha

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

well i didn't do too hot today. maybe it was because an early round and no warm up, plus it was like 40 degrees. i did have a 20 yard pitch in for birdie to end the day which was nice. plus i fixed what i was doing wrong on the front 9 so thats cool. I'm ready for my practice round tomorrow at Talega.

Score - 91

FIR - 10 (Wo0t i met my goal here)

GIR - 4

Putts - 32 (2 strokes too many)

Penalty Strokes - 4

Wow, you played to your handicap index and may even have lowered it.   Not bad.  Ouch on the 4 penalty strokes.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

playing Talega tomorrow from the blues 71.7/129 6583 yards i'll be more realistic with what i expect to shoot tomorrow Score - 88 FIR - 12  GIR - 8 Putts - 30 Penalty Strokes - 2

Just finished Talega. Here are the stats Score - 87 FIR - 8/13 GIR - 7/18 Putts - 34 (yikes!!) Penalty Shots - Goose Egg ;)

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

What will I shoot tomorrow?

Probably the squirrel that is eating the sunflower seeds out of my bird feeder.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

What will I shoot tomorrow?

Probably the squirrel that is eating the sunflower seeds out of my bird feeder.

Let us know how many shots you needed to get him, which gun you used, distance between your gun and the vermin, etc....

• Upvote 1

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Let us know how many shots you needed to get him, which gun you used, distance between your gun and the vermin, etc....

LOL - Good one!  Thumbs up to you. :banana:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

KyleAnthony Quote:
Just finished Talega. Here are the stats

Score - 87
FIR - 8/13
GIR - 7/18
Putts - 34 (yikes!!)
Penalty Shots - Goose Egg ;)

I see that you came short of your "revised" target.  September isn't too far off ... ;-) .

During the week, I continued my work on 3SKs.   I am still not shifting my body, and not squaring my left wrist at impact way too often.    I also forget to complete my back swing at times.   If I can remember all these in my weekend rounds, I should be breaking 90 without problem.   For two rounds average, I will do ...

90 or better

FW hits - 60% or higher

GIRs - 5 or higher

Putts - 32  or less

Penalty strokes - 1 or less (number of expletives I utter after bad shot - 2 or less)

Revised GHIN for 1/15 - in 17s (from current 18s)

How about my swing (see avatar)?  I think my right leg is a bit too high, my club at the top isn't in the right place, but I am keeping my eyes on the ball.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!