IGNORED

TST SoCal Winter Outing - Feb. 16, 2014 @ Goose Creek

jefkve
Note: This thread is 3692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My vote goes to a pre 12/19/13 Date so I could in for the fun! If not I'd still be happy to play a round with some of u guys. Want to knock some courses of my bucket list while I'm still in the area! Any body up for a twilight at pelican hill ?;) I also want to play cross creek in Temecula, GC of California (in fallbrooks I believe?) and I'd love to play crossings- mike what do you think about playing there some time? Roman

My vote goes to a pre 12/19/13 Date so I could in for the fun! If not I'd still be happy to play a round with some of u guys. Want to knock some courses of my bucket list while I'm still in the area! Any body up for a twilight at pelican hill ?;) I also want to play cross creek in Temecula, GC of California (in fallbrooks I believe?) and I'd love to play crossings- mike what do you think about playing there some time? Roman

Sounds really good. My son and I might be up for something. Pelican hill is a little $$$?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sounds great, I'd love to play with both of you again! Pelican hill is really high dollar! I think it is 150$ for twilight... But I've heard it is a really great course. Other courses I want to play are cross creek, red hawk, GC of California and crossings maybe we can work something out for one of those! The first two are in temecula, that should be close to half way for us.

Let's get this thread started.

C'mon @mvmac @Golfingdad @Beachcomber @Pakoh @tristanhilton85 @iacas @bplewis24

Thanks for tagging me.  I'll have to update my notification settings or something, because I wasn't aware of it.

The Crossings ... http://www.thecrossingsatcarlsbad.com/carlsbad.asp?id=182&page;=3854

A part of me wouldn't mind playing here and stopping by the corporate office of my soon-to-be-ex-employer on the Friday before.

Yup, got a great new job offer.  Thursday is my last day.  Can't wait to leave.  Although I must say, the future of the company here looks a lot better, as the CFO fired the GM here the day after I put in my notice.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

A part of me wouldn't mind playing here and stopping by the corporate office of my soon-to-be-ex-employer on the Friday before.

Yup, got a great new job offer.  Thursday is my last day.  Can't wait to leave.  Although I must say, the future of the company here looks a lot better, as the CFO fired the GM here the day after I put in my notice.

I'd be up for that.  Once we lock down a date, (assuming it's a weekend I'm available) then I'll put in for that Friday off.

So have we narrowed down some dates yet?  I have one weekend in January where I know I'll be busy, I just don't remember which one it is yet.  I think it's the 18-19, but it could be 11-12.  The rest of my January/February, at least for now, is open.

February 2 is the Super Bowl, FYI.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd probably be out if it was on the 12th… any other weekend and I should be good. I know that

Does that sound good to everybody?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Any of those dates work for me, would prefer Jan 11th

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Any of those dates work for me, would prefer Jan 11th

I have a show I'm going to in town here the night of the 11th… no way I'd be able to make it if we did our event that day. That's why I don't want to do it on the 12th because I'll be out late the night before and these things usually require me to drive (unless you guys want to have it out here).

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I have a show I'm going to in town here the night of the 11th… no way I'd be able to make it if we did our event that day. That's why I don't want to do it on the 12th because I'll be out late the night before and these things usually require me to drive (unless you guys want to have it out here).

I'd be in favor of somewhere on the I-10 corridor between Redlands and Palm.  I'm sure there are tons of course options, and shouldn't be more than a 30 minute drive for you.  That would run a risk of potentially 40 degree weather with 25MPH winds, though.

Redlands would be--

110 miles from me.

70 miles from HB.

110 miles from SD.

100 miles from Thousand Oaks.

So everyone pretty much could get to the course in less than two hours.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I'd be in favor of somewhere on the I-10 corridor between Redlands and Palm.  I'm sure there are tons of course options, and shouldn't be more than a 30 minute drive for you.  That would run a risk of potentially 40 degree weather with 25MPH winds, though.

Redlands would be--

110 miles from me.

70 miles from HB.

110 miles from SD.

100 miles from Thousand Oaks.

So everyone pretty much could get to the course in less than two hours.

Yeah… we did one of our outings in that area (Tukwet Canyon) and it was pretty good. The one right across the freeway, Oak Valley, is a better course in my opinion although they really never got back to us last time. We could try them again though. I played Eagle Glen in Corona yesterday and really liked that course; it could also be a good spot for us. I know Goose Creek is in the same area and there are a few guys here that really like that one as well.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I'd be in favor of somewhere on the I-10 corridor between Redlands and Palm.  I'm sure there are tons of course options, and shouldn't be more than a 30 minute drive for you.  That would run a risk of potentially 40 degree weather with 25MPH winds, though. Redlands would be-- 110 miles from me. 70 miles from HB. 110 miles from SD. 100 miles from Thousand Oaks. So everyone pretty much could get to the course in less than two hours.

Agree. Yucaipa? http://www.yucaipavalleygolf.com/index.php

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yeah… we did one of our outings in that area (Tukwet Canyon) and it was pretty good. The one right across the freeway, Oak Valley, is a better course in my opinion although they really never got back to us last time. We could try them again though. I played Eagle Glen in Corona yesterday and really liked that course; it could also be a good spot for us. I know Goose Creek is in the same area and there are a few guys here that really like that one as well.

These also sound really nice. So, is the 12th okay for you?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

These also sound really nice. So, is the 12th okay for you?

I'd prefer that we don't do this on the 12th, but if it's a course that isn't too far from me (such as one in Beaumont area, 45-50 minutes) then I can make it work. However, too much further than that and I'd really have to think about it. I'll be out late on the 11th and really don't want to get up super early to drive 2 or more hours. That being said, if a course out there on 12th works out best for everybody then I just might have to miss it.

However, I know that @Golfingdad said that he is busy for sure one weekend in January but was unsure if it was the 11th/12th or 18th/19th. Since nobody has said any other weekends are bad for them I'd like to see this happen either the first or the last weekend in January.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

However, I know that @Golfingdad said that he is busy for sure one weekend in January but was unsure if it was the 11th/12th or 18th/19th. Since nobody has said any other weekends are bad for them I'd like to see this happen either the first or the last weekend in January.

While I am not against going on MLK weekend, I suspect the courses will be packed with impatient golfers.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

While I am not against going on MLK weekend, I suspect the courses will be packed with impatient golfers.

Right. But since I'd have trouble with the 11th/12th and Drew will have trouble with either that weekend or the 18th/19th, why don't we forget about those two weekends altogether. Let's focus on either the first (4th/5th) or last (25th/26th).

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Right. But since I'd have trouble with the 11th/12th and Drew will have trouble with either that weekend or the 18th/19th, why don't we forget about those two weekends altogether. Let's focus on either the first (4th/5th) or last (25th/26th).

I like the 4th/5th.  I'll be at the PGA Show on the 25/26.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I like the 4th/5th.  I'll be at the PGA Show on the 25/26.

Works for me. Unless there are any objections from anybody, I'd say the 4th/5th is our weekend.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Note: This thread is 3692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!