IGNORED

My Swing (Lihu)

Lihu
Note: This thread is 1548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@Lihu  Lookin' good.

Well done and only one lesson, I'm sure you put in a lot of time, congratulations.

This is not really the case, I accidentally did the right moves a few times before. :-D

I got good and bad several times, and now am piecing things together in a more methodical manner. This is one of the missing pieces that caused me to lose my swing several times. I would just start doing it purely by accident, then I play for a while with this "feel". If I took a break from golf, then I would lose it because I would put myself out of sequence to get the same distances I got so easily prior to the golf break.

I've been reviewing all my lessons for the last 2 weeks to see if I could get my swing back by myself, but this was a major missing piece.

Every lesson I take puts another piece into the puzzle. The golf swing is a really tough "simple" thing to learn. I hope that I will finally be able to put it together again from a long golf vacation by myself next time around.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is not really the case, I accidentally did the right moves a few times before.

I got good and bad several times, and now am piecing things together in a more methodical manner. This is one of the missing pieces that caused me to lose my swing several times. I would just start doing it purely by accident, then I play for a while with this "feel". If I took a break from golf, then I would lose it because I would put myself out of sequence to get the same distances I got so easily prior to the golf break.

I've been reviewing all my lessons for the last 2 weeks to see if I could get my swing back by myself, but this was a major missing piece.

Every lesson I take puts another piece into the puzzle. The golf swing is a really tough "simple" thing to learn. I hope that I will finally be able to put it together again from a long golf vacation by myself next time around.

Accidentally or not, very nice. No more vacations lol.

edit: vacations are good, breaks from golf, not so good.

Brian   

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

This is not really the case, I accidentally did the right moves a few times before.

Accidentally or not, very nice. No more vacations lol.

edit: vacations are good, breaks from golf, not so good.

So, true. . . :beer:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

The worst practice round in a long time. Brookside Course 2 Blues (6000 yards) 44/48 (92).

Good news is that I hit 20 yards farther with all my clubs, and bad news is that I hit 20 yards farther with all my clubs. My driver misbehaved a lot today. I sliced/faded/hooked/drew stuff all over the place, but way farther. I lost one ball hitting it onto another hole's approach, and was too embarrassed to get it from the golfers on the other green I almost hit from my tee shot. It did feel good landing past the pin 127 yards away with a 49 degree PW.

Today, I felt like the young guy who hits everything too far and gets a 6 around the greens. The pitching lesson helped, but I missed almost every green by over hitting it or by under hitting it. I was so distraught by the time I was on the green that I 3 putted most of them.

It's definitely going to take a few rounds for me to get used to my new distances, and swing. I am also trying a new putting "stroke" where I can see that it will improve my scores in the future.

Well, new pitching method, new swing, new putting stroke. Felt like a beginner again.

If I could hit my driver in the middle of the face, I think I could drive pretty far. My slice/fades are carrying about 230 or more, and my draw/hooks are getting out to 280 yards according to my phone GPS (subject to debate, and I wouldn't argue it). One might have been longer, but I really didn't want to find out as the ball was on the green approach of a hole on the other course with people on it.

So, my iron distances are definitely longer, and it will take a few rounds for me to get used to them and control my driver. I also thinned too many iron shots, but was impressed that they went as far or farther than I expected. The ones that flew well drew nicely, but as I was not aimed correctly they went to the right and flew the pins because I am hitting longer. If I could hit the face more cleanly, I think I could gain another 5 yards and the high flight I want. Still hit a few shanks, and need to setup the ball at the toe.

I'm going on the longer course from now on, because it is longer and more laterally forgiving. When I get more accurate, I'll go back on this course.

EDIT: Arrrgh, I left my driver in the 12 degree setting after my range session last week. Going to change it back to 9.5 degrees.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

@Lihu I have an off-topic Brookside question for you:  What kind of shape is it in when you play it immediately after a football game?  You played today and I realize that it's actually been 4 days since the Rose Bowl, but I'm wondering if there are chewed up fairways or beer cans lying around or if it's not noticeable?

@Lihu I have an off-topic Brookside question for you:  What kind of shape is it in when you play it immediately after a football game?  You played today and I realize that it's actually been 4 days since the Rose Bowl, but I'm wondering if there are chewed up fairways or beer cans lying around or if it's not noticeable?

Pretty awful. There's trash everywhere. The day after, they have these huge dumpsters that you have to avoid. This is mostly on course 1, but a few holes on course 2 are also affected.

The staff of 20 groundsmen seem to be able to clean everything up within a week or so, unless there is damage to a green. Some fairways have tire marks in the soft areas. I really have to hand it to the groundskeepers for keeping the place so nice.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Pretty awful. There's trash everywhere. The day after, they have these huge dumpsters that you have to avoid. This is mostly on course 1, but a few holes on course 2 are also affected.

The staff of 20 groundsmen seem to be able to clean everything up within a week or so, unless there is damage to a green. Some fairways have tire marks in the soft areas. I really have to hand it to the groundskeepers for keeping the place so nice.

I've only actually been there during games (never played golf there) and I can tell you that they do try and keep people off the greens and surrounding bunkers and such.  They are roped and signed off.  Certainly, that isn't going to keep all of the drunks off, so that could be a problem occasionally, but they try their best.

Quote:

I've only actually been there during games (never played golf there) and I can tell you that they do try and keep people off the greens and surrounding bunkers and such.  They are roped and signed off.  Certainly, that isn't going to keep all of the drunks off, so that could be a problem occasionally, but they try their best.

Yeah, a few months back there were tire marks on one of the greens. It looked like someone tried to roll a 360 spin in a jeep or something. . .Glen (one of the groundsmen) was pretty upset about it, actually all of them were.

That has not happened since.

Hey, we should hook up one of these days and play some golf up here. They are both fun courses.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Hey, we should hook up one of these days and play some golf up here. They are both fun courses.

I would love to.  Golf Channel Am Tour does a tournament at Brookside and I'd like to play it once, but haven't signed up yet.  It's the South course and it's May 2.

You should try to lobby Tristan and Mike to have an outing out your way one time. :beer:

Quote:

I would love to.  Golf Channel Am Tour does a tournament at Brookside and I'd like to play it once, but haven't signed up yet.  It's the South course and it's May 2.

You should try to lobby Tristan and Mike to have an outing out your way one time.

Never heard it referred to as "The South Course" before , just 'course 1'. That one has just been renovated to 7200 yards from the tips.

Yeah, but an outing at Brookside would be a little boring for me. I would opt for Angeles National or Hansom Dam which are also up near me.

http://www.angelesnational.com/home.html

http://golf.lacity.org/cdp_hansen.htm

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Never heard it referred to as "The South Course" before , just 'course 1'. That one has just been renovated to 7200 yards from the tips.

Yeah, but an outing at Brookside would be a little boring for me. I would opt for Angeles National or Hansom Dam which are also up near me.

http://www.angelesnational.com/home.html

http://golf.lacity.org/cdp_hansen.htm

It's labeled as the C.W. Koiner course on the website. http://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/course/course/brookside/aerial.htm  I just called it south cuz it's ... south. :-P

If I was running that place, I'd refer to the northerly course as something like "Arroyo" and obviously refer to the Koiner course as the "Stadium" course. ;)  ("Bowl" course or "Rose" course would also be acceptable) :beer:

Okay, here are some drill swings I took over vacation. These are relatively older after the class. I will take some more this week sometime that are a little more up to date.

These are really slower swings than I used to take on the course, but one of the things I was told to do was to use a "slow and syrupy" movement in the takeaway and the beginning of the downswing. Not doing it caused my session at a store to be less than desirable. I did slow down like in the video on the course today with pretty good results distance-wise. I still need to work on the body position, and it is definitely work in progress.

I am doing the same drill as in the lesson, but as I am palmering my lead wrist instead of cupping it as in the lesson the club goes backwards rather than straight out in front of me.

EDIT: I am currently getting more hip turn for the distances I quoted earlier, than in this video.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Looks good.  What is your priority item?

Work on the drill that Dana and Mike gave to me, and work out all the details of what they gave to me to insure I don't mess up again. Also, to slow down my back swing and start so I don't screw up my sequence.

In short, my plate is pretty full.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

What is your priority item?

:-)

http://thesandtrap.com/t/71030/my-swing-lihu/270#post_1089316

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Oops, I forgot to turn my shoulders in. They were too open in all my videos including the drill ones I captured after my lesson which is why the club is ahead of my hands. :doh:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Nice swing!

Thanks, but I've seen yours and realize I have quite some ways to go. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 1548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!