IGNORED

What are you Reading Right Now?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I see my thread got merged. Not sure how I missed the original. I apologize for not looking before starting a new thread. Ernie, I do plan on looking into that series you recommended. I have time in the winter, so length does not turn me off.

Skip the prequel "A New Spring", it's not necessary. I'm thinking of starting the whole series over again before starting "A Memory of Light" because it will be such a momentous occasion finishing this series (I might even buy a special bottle of Single Malt to commemorate it) that I really want to be in the proper frame of mind when I read AMOL. I get goosebumps just thinking about the fact that that book is sitting in the bookstore just waiting for me to be ready. Looking forward to hearing your opinions of the series @14ledo81

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skip the prequel "A New Spring", it's not necessary. I'm thinking of starting the whole series over again before starting "A Memory of Light" because it will be such a momentous occasion finishing this series (I might even buy a special bottle of Single Malt to commemorate it) that I really want to be in the proper frame of mind when I read AMOL. I get goosebumps just thinking about the fact that that book is sitting in the bookstore just waiting for me to be ready. Looking forward to hearing your opinions of the series @14ledo81

Did a quick Google search on it. It looks good. I enjoy fantasy. Two of my favorite series are Stephen Kings Dark Tower series, and Weiss/Hickman's Dragonlance series. Have you read either of those?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Did a quick Google search on it. It looks good. I enjoy fantasy. Two of my favorite series are Stephen Kings Dark Tower series, and Weiss/Hickman's Dragonlance series. Have you read either of those?

Read a fair bit of The Dark Tower but got bored with it. I've read all the Dragonlance stuff and the Deathgate Cycle too, The Wheel Of Time is in a class of its own, Rand al'Thor AKA The Dragon Reborn is a BADASS of epic proportions.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

I'm considering the $12 Kindle version of Hatching Twitter . Anyone know if it's worth reading?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm considering the $12 Kindle version of Hatching Twitter. Anyone know if it's worth reading?

I've got that on hold at the library, I enjoyed Bilton's last book. I did the free Kindle sample beginning thing and it seemed pretty good. Also have the new book on Amazon on hold as well. That, I'm interested in reading.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Picked it up from the Library today. Looking forward to reading this weekend.

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Got these for £0.01 each so they're next on my hitlist.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Just finished Bill O'Reilly's, " Killing Jesus ."

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

• Administrator

I've begun reading Insanely Simple by Ken Segall .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just finished the first "Wheel of Time" book, The Eye of the World.  Definitely a good book, made me want to read the next one with how it ended.

Starting new fantasy series are alway interesting because the author needs to inform you of a completely new world.  In general, (IMO) they take a bit to get going because of this.  This book was no different in that respecet, but it still came across as very readable.

Thanks for the heads up EJ, I'm looking forward to reading the rest.

-Matt-

Just finished the first "Wheel of Time" book, The Eye of the World.  Definitely a good book, made me want to read the next one with how it ended.

Starting new fantasy series are alway interesting because the author needs to inform you of a completely new world.  In general, (IMO) they take a bit to get going because of this.  This book was no different in that respecet, but it still came across as very readable.

Thanks for the heads up EJ, I'm looking forward to reading the rest.

@14ledo81 , glad to hear you enjoyed it. The world that Jordan created is one of the most intricate and well developed worlds I've ever come across. The series really starts to come into its own around the third novel, The Dragon Reborn, but every book is a great read. Keep me posted as you go, love to hear your impressions as you get deeper into this Epic.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

@14ledo81 , glad to hear you enjoyed it. The world that Jordan created is one of the most intricate and well developed worlds I've ever come across. The series really starts to come into its own around the third novel, The Dragon Reborn, but every book is a great read. Keep me posted as you go, love to hear your impressions as you get deeper into this Epic.

Definitely agree with this.  The end of the book has an elaborate glossary and timeline.  Robert Jordan appears to have had a desire to make everything "work".

The Dark Tower by Stephen King left the majority of things for personal interpretation.  He did not tell you why or how certain things were the way they were.  I could see some people being turned off by this.

-Matt-

Just finished Tom Coyne's ' A Course Called Ireland' . He walks around Ireland for 4 months playing golf! Up next is Rob Armstrong's 'Golfing in Ireland' 2nd edition.

Always birdies and pars, Henry The room for improvement is vast that three lifetimes could be spent roaming the fairways,carving away at it, convinced that prefection lies just over the next rise. And that hope,perhaps,is the kindest bliss of all that golf bestows upon its devotees. - John Updike

Just read Billy Crystal's memoir, "Still Foolin' 'em". Very schticky, but a good quick read. The parts with him complaining about getting old (he is a very healthy 65, for goodness sake :-X ) are a bit tiresome but he has had an interesting life.

Bill M

• 1 month later...
Wife just sent me this pic!! She just picked it up for me. EJ is the one who got me started on this series, and I am only 3 books in, but I would already highly recommend these to anyone.

-Matt-

Wife just sent me this pic!! She just picked it up for me.

EJ is the one who got me started on this series, and I am only 3 books in, but I would already highly recommend these to anyone.

:dance: I've read the series multiple times and have been holding off on reading the last book "A Memory of Light", I think I'll start the series from the beginning and read it all the way through to the end. Best fantasy series ever written IMO. :beer:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 1365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!