IGNORED

TPC Scottsdale in August, Crazy??

Note: This thread is 6236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just priced checked a trip for 5 nights/ 4 rounds at TPC Scottsdale and it came out to around 550. Thats a pretty good deal... obviously for a reason. Is August just to much to handle?

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

That's an awesome price, it should be pretty hot, but it looks like an awesome course. I would do it.

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

Best Course I've ever played. Bring Gatorade and An Umbrella and you'll be fine.

Usually use NXT Extreme's or HX Hot's
Soon to be Home Track : Grey Silo GC (71.5 / 128)

Play REALLY early. You gotta figure the twilight rates at many Arizona courses start around 11:00 in the morning because of the heat. Make sure to stay hydrated too.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Na, drink plenty of water and Gatorade. But try to get the earliest Tee time as you can. I get out no later than 9 am this time of the year.

Invite me and I'll bring the Gatorade, water, sun screen, etc..

Be careful with Scottsdale courses right now, there is a laysuit against the city because many course conditions are awful right now. It all revolves around the amount of salt in the water and damaging the course. Also August is a hot month still and pretty dead around here so you'll find plenty of deals. Courses in the area typically overseed with winter grass at the end of September or beginning of October so avoid those times as well. Our season really gets going in November and runs through April. Have any others questions, I'm happy to help.
Na, drink plenty of water and Gatorade. But try to get the earliest Tee time as you can. I get out no later than 9 am this time of the year.

Wuss

I'm kidding! The heat doesn't bother me too much but yeah definately play as early as possible!

Invite me and I'll bring the Gatorade, water, sun screen, etc..

Well, I work for the City of Scottsdale's Water/WasteWater department and the water that supplies the Golf courses are treated through a true Reverse Osmosis which removes salts and all impurities. But some courses don't contribute to this system and pull off other water systems or tables which may have higher level of salts and other particles that don't help it. I don't know who told you about this lawsuit? But it's a matter of course maintenance that truly effects the conditions. IMO

Just an FYI: The City is in the process of replacing the current RO system to a larger scale RO system to supply even more water. Being on both side of the fence on this issue, I wouldn't believe all the rumors you hear. The 7th tee box for Greyhawk is right next to my office...hehehehe Ya, I'm a wuss. I work all day in the heat and when I come home or Golf on the weekends, the last thing I want to do is play in it in the afternoons or evenings when it gets closer to 110F. No thanks...Working in it 4 days a week is enough...lol.. I try for the 6-7am tee times.

Well, I work for the City of Scottsdale's Water/WasteWater department and the water that supplies the Golf courses are treated through a true Reverse Osmosis which removes salts and all impurities. But some courses don't contribute to this system and pull off other water systems or tables which may have higher level of salts and other particles that don't help it. I don't know who told you about this lawsuit? But it's a matter of course maintenance that truly effects the conditions. IMO

Cool, thanks for setting the record straight. You know how rumors are like the telephone game, they get worse the longer their out.

The 7th tee box for Greyhawk is right next to my office...hehehehe

Jerk, just kidding, I'd love to have that view.

Ya, I'm a wuss. I work all day in the heat and when I come home or Golf on the weekends, the last thing I want to do is play in it in the afternoons or evenings when it gets closer to 110F. No thanks...Working in it 4 days a week is enough...lol..

I hope you didn't take my comment personally. I agree with you completely about not playing in the really hot weather. Unfortunately I'm not a morning person so that leaves me with a late morning or afternoon tee time.

Sure it's hot, but if you don't want to or can't afford to pay the winter rate, this is the time to play, not just TPC, but all over the valley. And it's a dry heat!! LOL!!! While you are in that specific area, you should really check out Greyhawk. they have great summer deals, foursome for $400, winter rate is over $300/person greens fees, and it is maybe a mile north of tpc. Troon North is less than 10 miles north, and Legend Trail maybe 15 miles north of the TPC. Your hotel should be able to hook you up at these places. Tons of awesome courses at your fingertips. Enjoy.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

Cool, thanks for setting the record straight. You know how rumors are like the telephone game, they get worse the longer their out.

Oh heck no. I can take it even if you weren't joking....LOL.. I'm a morning person so it's great for me. I get up at 4am every day for work so 6am tee time at my local course which is 2 minutes from me is no problem.

I live in the South East part of the Valley so I don't actually Golf Scottsdale courses too much. But I do get free TPC tickets and once in a while I get invited to free tee times...

I just priced checked a trip for 5 nights/ 4 rounds at TPC Scottsdale and it came out to around 550. Thats a pretty good deal... obviously for a reason. Is August just to much to handle?

That depends on what weather you can handle. The humidity shouldn't bother you: I was in your neck of the woods July 06, so I have an idea what the humidity is like for you. Will the heat bug you? Personally, I find winters in Southern California to be cold, although not intolerably so. I went to Palm Desert a week ago with a buddy of mine and played 54 holes. The heat didn't really get to me on the first day, but I made the mistake of wearing a not-very-breathing shirt the second. Bring weather-dry (etc) shirts and wear shorts, not long pants, if the course permits. Unless you're playing for pro-level money, it's not worth wearing the long pants. And that's coming from a heat-o-file. That having been said: enjoy!!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 6236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!