IGNORED

Speed Metal Golf Ball

Note: This thread is 3031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

51 minutes ago, OnCore said:

We think you will love them, let us know your thoughts. I added a $5 off code for others interested in trial- enter "sandtrap" at checkout. Thanks

Thanks for the discount offer. You should be descriptive about the features of the product and retail price.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A non golfing friend gave me a sleeve these. (Maximum ?) He won them at an office party I think.  They played OK for me. I didn't hit them any farther than my normal game ball. Around the green they were about the same also. They did roll straight off the putter right out the box which is a good thing.  That's about all I can say about them. I'd recommend this ball (and others)  to someone who has not as yet settled on a favorite ball. I don't know what they sell for, so that might be an issue for some. It's a good ball. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Bump, glad to see the threads were merged. You Mod's are really OnCore the ball !!!

@iacas  @OnCore had posted a comment which I received via email.

I noticed the threads have been merged, but his post is gone/missing?

This is the error message I receive when I open in my email.

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F173/

Was his reply against guidelines?

Thanks.

• Administrator
Just now, Club Rat said:

Probably.

Please don't assume that I (or @mvmac) do all of the moderation here. We have seven other moderators.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

43 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

@iacas  @OnCore had posted a comment which I received via email.

I noticed the threads have been merged, but his post is gone/missing?

This is the error message I receive when I open in my email.

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F173/

Thanks.

The deleted post is still quoted above. My reaction when I saw it was that it was, probably unwittingly, violated the sponsorship guidelines and the protocol for doing that. When I checked back later and saw it gone, I assumed that was the case. It looks like it was probably a case of the company having a Google Alert or something similar for their name popping up online (TST posts show up searchable in Google extraordinarily fast in my experience), and their marketing guys jumped on it to drive interest. Didn't strike me as anything beyond them just being unfamiliar with the policies regarding product promotion, as opposed to the coordinated Astroturf marketing campaigns we've seen in the past, if I had to guess.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Thanks guys, was just wondering what happened.

Back OT, I just placed and order to try the OnCore ball. They have a really great offer, buy a dozen and they send you a code for a 50% discount on next purchase.

At $15 a dozen, seemed like a great deal, so I bought 2 more dozen.

They were decent, nothing spectacular. They did have some reduced curvature on shots, but not enough to really help someone who has a severe hook/slice problem.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• 2 weeks later...

RENFREW’S 15-UNDER TAKES IMPERIAL HEADWEAR OPEN AT MOON VALLEY

December 8, 2015  - Ryan Woodcock

3feee3_36a7aab0747b4f519df1fc2b94afff4b..                                                                3feee3_365f1a52a6214f78b479edcc4b448c7b..
The mission of the OnCore Gateway Tour is to provide an environment where players can build the skills necessary to compete on the PGA Tour

Cory Renfrew fired a final-round 7-under 65 and made two key birdies on the final two holes to win by two shots at the Imperial Headwear Open at Moon Valley Country Club. Renfrew started the day at 8-under and had a one shot lead over Scott Harrington and a three shot advantage over Riley Wheeldon and Seann Harlingten after he posted a bogey-free 64 in the second round. Renfrew came to play in round three, logging three consecutive birdies to open the final round and get to 11-under par.  He kept it up with birdies on holes six and eight to get to 13-under, but dropped a shot after he made bogey on the par-4 ninth. 

Still, Renfrew shot 32 on the front and made the turn at 12-under, giving him a three shot lead over Harrington and four shot lead over Harlingten. Harrington couldn’t quite keep up Renfrew’s pace but carded three birdies and a par on the front to turn at 34.  Harlingten had four birdies on the front, but carded a costly bogey on the par-5 eighth for a 33 on the front.  Wheeldon shot 34 on the front and made the turn at 7-under, five shots back of the leader.Renfrew birdied two of the first four holes on the back, but was challenged by the field down the stretch.  Harrington notched three straight birdies on holes 13-15 to get to 12-under; Wheeldon birdied four of the first six holes to get to 11-under; and Harlingten, recorded birdies on holes 12, 13, 14 and 16 to get to 12-under.

Renfrew’s big lead shrank to one shot after he bogeyed the par-3 15th to drop to 13-under, but he came back with birdies on the par-4 17th and par-4 18th to finish with a three shot win at 15-under par.Harrington’s birdie streak ended with his pars on 16 and 17, but he rallied with a birdie on 18 to finish solo second at 13-under par.  He carded rounds of 66-71-66 at Moon Valley. After trimming Renfrew’s lead to one, Harlingten could only manage pars down the stretch, while Wheeldon dropped in a birdie on 18 to finish T3 with Harlingten at 12-under. John Wise shot 69 all three days and finished T5 at 9-under, along with R.J. Wood and Jimmy Gunn, who shot 69 and 70, respectively, in the final round. 

PGA TOUR veteran Ted Purdy carded a final-round 69 and finished T8 with Tom Whitney, D.J. Reeves and Kevin Spooner at 6-under par. It was a great win for Renfrew, who has two runner-up finishes already this year.  He started slow with an opening-round 72 the included five bogeys, but he settled down after that, shooting 64-65 the final 36 holes that included 17 birdies and just two bogeys. For complete results from the OnCore Gateway Tour zTrip Classic at McCormick Ranch Golf Club CLICK HERE https://gway.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/gway16/event/gway166/contest/1/leaderboard.htm.

Next up on the OGT is the last event of the Fall Series, the Players Towel Classic, Dec. 8-10 at McCormick Ranch (Pine) Golf Club.  The Winter Series gets started in 2016 with the one-day Sponsorship Event on Jan. 11, followed by the first Winter Series tournament of the year, the Bushnell Classic, Jan. 12-14 at Verrado Golf Club. 

Note: This thread is 3031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!