• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tailgater

Which Golfer's nickname is "Playfair"?

10 posts in this topic

The guys on the Ticket (sports radio station in Dallas) said one player's nickname is "Playfair" but they wouldn't reveal his identity.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Billy Mayfair???? (A 100% guess mind you, based solely on the rhyming aspect) ;)

First thing that came to my mind, too. Otherwise, would such a moniker be laudatory or derogatory? Tailgater, can you give us any context regarding what you heard on the show?

Heard that this morning too... Very curious who it is, especially since they said this guy is known for marking his ball, ahem, and pushing the rules a bit... Allegedly

First thing that came to my mind, too. Otherwise, would such a moniker be laudatory or derogatory? Tailgater, can you give us any context regarding what you heard on the show?

I should have done this in my original post. They were having a discussion about players that skirt the rules. They said they know of a guy that is so loose with the rules that the other tour players call him "Playfair." (I might not be spelling it correctly.) It was not a compliment in any way and was definitely derogatory.

I know which  player is NOT nicknamed "play fair"....There are several longs threads about him, especially last month. :-D

I never heard this before. So I googled "pga tour nickname playfair" and the only things that came up at the top were links to this board.

It's probably an "insider" nickname with negative connotations since search results on the major search engines don't show it as a known nickname.   I could think of a few it would apply to that aren't named Tiger.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I never heard this before. So I googled "pga tour nickname playfair" and the only things that came up at the top were links to this board.

I don't know how it's spelled. I only heard it on the radio.