IGNORED

My Swing (KyleAnthony)

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lol ... I almost asked him the exact same question earlier today!!

Maybe Kyle is not so good with a flat stick..?  j/k Kyle :-D

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dude...I find it hard to believe your a 14hc with a swing like that, although looks like you could flex your legs a touch more. Anyways..nice swing.

BTW, where is that at..?

haha thanks. and its a Tukwet Canyon (Morongo Course) its the private lessons area on the back side of the driving range haha

Maybe Kyle is not so good with a flat stick..?  j/k Kyle

lol, or sprays his driver worse than me???

haha you guys. i rarely use my driver. tomorrow I'm only using it once. and thats to see if i can drive the first green. for the next 17 holes she will stay in the bag. haha I can't wait to film my round tomorrow

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

haha thanks. and its a Tukwet Canyon (Morongo Course) its the private lessons area on the back side of the driving range haha

I like that course.  We played a TST outing there last year ... http://thesandtrap.com/t/63734/thesandtrap-socal-golfers-spring-2013-outing-discussion/360_30#post_829374

haha you guys. i rarely use my driver. tomorrow I'm only using it once. and thats to see if i can drive the first green. for the next 17 holes she will stay in the bag. haha I can't wait to film my round tomorrow

And we played our last outing here.  Don't miss that first green to the right!!!  And check out this thread: http://thesandtrap.com/t/70554/how-would-you-play-this-hole-oak-quarry-1/0_30

I can see from your posts here that you want to get more serious. I think you need to invest in a high speed camera. Something that does 120-240fps or more to tape your swing. The current camera you have not fast enough to see all the details in your swing. Also consider getting some analytical software like analyzr(for Mac) or V1 if you have a PC. This way you can compare yourself against other pros and also compare yourself against your former self to see your progress.

Second tip I have is to invest in some editing software. Guys like Mike and Erik are scanning posts because there are tons of them to read. They are likely not to watch 2:31 of your swing video. Best if you can get them into one video and at this frame rate be done in 0:08-0:15.

Just a couple of thoughts on how to get more feedback.

Michael

I can see from your posts here that you want to get more serious. I think you need to invest in a high speed camera. Something that does 120-240fps or more to tape your swing. The current camera you have not fast enough to see all the details in your swing. Also consider getting some analytical software like analyzr(for Mac) or V1 if you have a PC. This way you can compare yourself against other pros and also compare yourself against your former self to see your progress.

Second tip I have is to invest in some editing software. Guys like Mike and Erik are scanning posts because there are tons of them to read. They are likely not to watch 2:31 of your swing video. Best if you can get them into one video and at this frame rate be done in 0:08-0:15.

Just a couple of thoughts on how to get more feedback.

thank you. any ideas on what camera? how much do they run?

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

thank you. any ideas on what camera? how much do they run?

I've got a Canon Powershot ELPH HS300, I believe @cipher has the same. Does a good job at around $200. Shoots 120 and 240 fps but you need quite a bit of light for the 240fps. 120 is plenty though.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

The knees are rotated inward.  Causes the hips to sway back, very little torso rotation by the time you get to A3.  Typically see good players turned about 80-90* by A3.  With you a lot of the sequencing is off.  Just makes the downswing stuff harder.

The knees are neutral here, might feel "bowed out".  Both feet are turned out about 20*.  Allows you to utilize the proper linkage of the knees to create a dynamic centered hip turn.  Note how that "frees up" the torso rotation.  You might need to add a feel to help things along but it's best to start simple and get the feet/knees good at A1.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

thank you @mvmac i will try bowing my feet out to limit my knee flexing inward. and stop swaying. i really appreciate it

also is the under rotation of my shoulders limiting distance as well???

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

I've got a Canon Powershot ELPH HS300, I believe @cipher has the same. Does a good job at around $200. Shoots 120 and 240 fps but you need quite a bit of light for the 240fps. 120 is plenty though.

Very good 120FPS starter Camera.  I got one based on EJ's reccomendation and really like it. I think you can get them now for around $100 now on ebay and possibly amazon as well.  Otherwise if you are eligable for a cell phone upgrade the new iphone does 120fps as well.

@KyleAnthony you are in great hands here so I am not going to try and give you any swing tips.  Instead here are a few things that you should think about in your quest for this year.

1.  I know you have lesson vouchers that are already paid for but do what you need to do and start working with @mvmac and as soon as you can.  You are very lucky to be in a place where you can practice all year(I get 5 months here)  and also that Mike is that close.  He is an amazing instructor.

2.  Take an AimPoint class this year as soon as you can afford it.  Your putting will thank you.

3.  Get your driver in play.  Unless you have the wrong one and need to be fit for one, you need to start using that thing.  Work at keeping the ball in play and eliminating those penalty strokes with it.  I don't know one scratch player that fears his driver.  And you need to be closer to the hole to score.   I am not saying you should be using it every par 4 and 5 but a lot more than once a round anyway.

4.  If you have not seen this please check it out: http://thesandtrap.com/t/39411/quickie-pitching-video

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Dude...I find it hard to believe your a 14hc with a swing like that, although looks like you could flex your legs a touch more. Anyways..nice swing.

BTW, where is that at..?

Lol ... I almost asked him the exact same question earlier today!!

Yeah, me too.  I should have half that golf swing!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

This is a good one.

Many of the Casio's that have been discussed on here are also very good. The Nikon J1 also has very high frame rate, and is a great camera so you can dual purpose that one. You can get the GoPro also. Lots of options.

Michael

thank you @mvmac i will try bowing my feet out to limit my knee flexing inward. and stop swaying. i really appreciate it

also is the under rotation of my shoulders limiting distance as well???

The simple answer is Yes :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yeah, me too.  I should have half that golf swing!

haha thanks

LOL Kyle ... you reminded me of this guy:

i literally almost died from laughing before i even watched it, since it comes on all the time i knew what he said. hahaha

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

i literally almost died from laughing before i even watched it, since it comes on all the time i knew what he said. hahaha

If you've ever played Industry Hills, you might recognize that range.  I learned when I went there that the green "Caution" signs, that you can see on each pillar holding up the second level, are basically telling you that if you're tall, you'd better go upstairs if you want to hit your driver.  I also laughed when I realized that the "sand traps" on the range are solid concrete.

I also laughed when I realized that the "sand traps" on the range are solid concrete.

Aim for the traps for extra distance? BOING!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if Mike or Erik have told you yet but it looks like your flipping it through impact, meaning I don't think your getting lag or shaft lean at impact and that is a habit that I had and it's not easy to break out of (at least for me it wasn't). Like I said I only think you may be doing this so if I'm wrong sorry but it's just what it looks like to me is all.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Note: This thread is 3654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!