IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i have an astigmatism and have a hard time seeing the ball very far out so by the time i look up i can't find it. that why most of my range sessions are at night so i can pick the ball up. it can be completely sunny out and i can't find the ball in the air. its always been that way... i work may the 4th which is a sunday. i wish i could go but I'm just starting my new job at morongos golf course so i can't make it. but the next one i can request off for. i was hoping it was on saturday =/ i hit a bucket doing drills and slow motion swings then a small bucket i hit a few 3 woods and drivers (which i couldn't see) and i thought i should just work on my 3/4 shots with wedges just to get some practice in. they are the shot I'm best at, but i didn't think practice would hurt.

Can you get discounted green fees for people who've been friendly to you in their posts with you? O:)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have the same thing Kyle does, and that's why I go to the range at night, can't the dang balls past a certain point during the day on cloudy days. Gonna see if my eye Doc can help with a different rx in my glasses.

I have the same thing Kyle does, and that's why I go to the range at night, can't the dang balls past a certain point during the day on cloudy days. Gonna see if my eye Doc can help with a different rx in my glasses.

How can you play with glasses. I tried once and when I look down. It looks like the ball is knee high and I can't hit it

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

Can you get discounted green fees for people who've been friendly to you in their posts with you? O:)

Haha if you join me for a round I can get you a discount lol.

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

How can you play with glasses. I tried once and when I look down. It looks like the ball is knee high and I can't hit it

You need a different rx. Tell your eye doctor what you want, i.e. to play golf, and that you need to see the ball at address, and 200 yds down range.. ;-)

Haha if you join me for a round I can get you a discount lol.

Deal!

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yeah, I can't play with my glasses on, but with contacts I'm just fine.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

You need a different rx. Tell your eye doctor what you want, i.e. to play golf, and that you need to see the ball at address, and 200 yds down range..;-)

I'll have to mention that when I can get down there [quote name="Lihu" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/810#post_982589"] Deal![/quote] Seriously if you ever want to join me there just send me a message [quote name="tristanhilton85" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/810#post_982611"]Yeah, I can't play with my glasses on, but with contacts I'm just fine. [/quote] Ya I'm a weird kid. I have this phobia about things touching my eye or being in my eye. Even if I see something in someone's eye or if I see my girlfriend putting eye make up on my eyes start tearing up like crazy haha

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Seriously if you ever want to join me there just send me a message

Great, thanks. PM me the days that you are free to play.

BTW, as for your issue when using glasses, could it be that you are using "bottom eyes"? If you are facing the ball at address, it seems like there should not be any issue with the "blind spot". When I use sunglasses and don't face down at the ball enough (one of my problems 4 months ago), that I can't see the ball easily. I am distracted by the glasses. Now that I am addressing the ball better, I can wear sunglasses when I swing.

Just a thought.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Went to the range today. Worked on irons and it went great until I worked on punch shots lol. 6 shanks in a row oops. So I'll work on that tomorrow and post up a video on my swing thread. It was cloudy so I couldn't see my 3 wood and driver shots

maybe shanks are what happens when you do the drills correctly? I think you still focus to much on shot results and not enough on making sure the drill is done correctly, let's put it this way how dependable do you think you can hit punch shots the correct distance and right amount of spin to consider it part of your shot shapes. I have to be honest here in saying punch shots for me are more useful add a recovery shot than a scoring shot after 30+ years playing this game, Kyle you really don't need to worry about all these different shots but just work your drills and get a reliable full swing it will get you there much sooner.

• Upvote 1

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

maybe shanks are what happens when you do the drills correctly?

Yeah no ;-)

He should be seeing most shots drawing a little with his drill.

I think you still focus to much on shot results and not enough on making sure the drill is done correctly

Yep very good advice for anyone doing a drill.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yep, when training its better to stop caring about the results and just focus on the process.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Great, thanks. PM me the days that you are free to play.

BTW, as for your issue when using glasses, could it be that you are using "bottom eyes"? If you are facing the ball at address, it seems like there should not be any issue with the "blind spot". When I use sunglasses and don't face down at the ball enough (one of my problems 4 months ago), that I can't see the ball easily. I am distracted by the glasses. Now that I am addressing the ball better, I can wear sunglasses when I swing.

Just a thought.

maybe. i actually had success catching my ball mid flight today so that was great. since i played as a single

maybe shanks are what happens when you do the drills correctly? I think you still focus to much on shot results and not enough on making sure the drill is done correctly, let's put it this way how dependable do you think you can hit punch shots the correct distance and right amount of spin to consider it part of your shot shapes. I have to be honest here in saying punch shots for me are more useful add a recovery shot than a scoring shot after 30+ years playing this game, Kyle you really don't need to worry about all these different shots but just work your drills and get a reliable full swing it will get you there much sooner.

ya I'm going to just focus on my drills and the slow swings. its really helping because i don't hit fades ever with my irons now haha. the are draws, straight, or push lol but not very much. so i see the drills working me away from the fade. also ya i agree that i focus on results to much. my immediate reaction after i have a good outcome determines my attitude toward everything so i just need to figure out a way to get around that

Yep, when training its better to stop caring about the results and just focus on the process.

ya i really do need to figure out a way to get around focusing on the results. maybe i'll just practice without actually hitting balls for a couple times. also since high winds here for the next 2-3 days

so today i went and played Tukwet Canyon (where i work) and played the legends course from the blacks. over all i had fun. i shot an 85 and hit 10/14 fairways 5/18 greens 35 putts (1 three putt) and no penalty strokes. i finally got my 3 wood and driver back and my irons were pretty good today except i slowed my swing down a lot which gave me a better ball flight, but my distances were a bit off so i left about 7 approaches short. i did have my second eagle EVER today which i threw a mini party on the green after i made the 20 foot putt. so i will be practicing my drills tonight and tomorrow in my house because of wind and next time i get out i hope to up the consistency of my swing.

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

ya i really do need to figure out a way to get around focusing on the results. maybe i'll just practice without actually hitting balls for a couple times. also since high winds here for the next 2-3 days

Here's the difference in mentality right there. You have to come up with an excuse to not practice slowly and methodically. While I do it because I want to get better. Its has nothing to do with high winds. It has everything to do with advancing the golf game. I can be at home on a sunny saturday afternoon, and I'll spend 10-20 minutes working on my priority piece indoors.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Here's the difference in mentality right there. You have to come up with an excuse to not practice slowly and methodically. While I do it because I want to get better. Its has nothing to do with high winds. It has everything to do with advancing the golf game. I can be at home on a sunny saturday afternoon, and I'll spend 10-20 minutes working on my priority piece indoors.

do you just do the drills? or what exactly do you do?

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

do you just do the drills? or what exactly do you do?

Practice movements I want in my swing. I tend to get a shallow shoulder turn. So I will just do shoulder turns with out a golf club and make sure they are steeper. I'll work on my backswing. No need to hit balls when working a backswing. Even on a downswing piece, I can work on key number 4 indoors as well just doing slow movement. There is a lot of drills that can be adapted for in doors, working with a mirror or camera, not hitting a ball. Actually a lot of these type of things help more than actually hitting a ball because you mind isn't focused on the ball, but the drill.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Practice movements I want in my swing. I tend to get a shallow shoulder turn. So I will just do shoulder turns with out a golf club and make sure they are steeper. I'll work on my backswing. No need to hit balls when working a backswing. Even on a downswing piece, I can work on key number 4 indoors as well just doing slow movement. There is a lot of drills that can be adapted for in doors, working with a mirror or camera, not hitting a ball. Actually a lot of these type of things help more than actually hitting a ball because you mind isn't focused on the ball, but the drill.

awesome thank you. i will do more mirror work and see if I'm getting enough turn. that was a problem Mike pointed out to me and i think im falling back into it. thank you for the tips

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

So I just noticed in my stats for the round I missed 7 putts 6' and under. Wow I need to get that under control

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!