IGNORED

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Are they playing at an executive course length? Every par 4 seems to be 345 yds or less.

It's hard to believe that any of these women are aspiring pros when they can only drive it 230 - 240 yds. They aren't exactly tearing it up under 100 yds either.

You think this was bad? On Big Break Mexico several of the par 5s played to be around 400 yards downwind and some of them still made bogeys.

Overall, the play on this episode was pretty representative of the overall cast. You have the solid golfer (Sadena), the two that always seem to luck out and scrape by without much serious golf game (Fiamma and Kristi), the two that we know can play but have a hard time executing sometimes (we know they will show up, Renee did this episode) in Renee and Jackie, the streaky one that will always get by with some strong shots and some weak ones (Mary), and the hopeless ones that are just bound to get eliminated soon  (Lindsay, Kylee, Tonya).

You think this was bad? On Big Break Mexico several of the par 5s played to be around 400 yards downwind and some of them still made bogeys. Overall, the play on this episode was pretty representative of the overall cast. You have the solid golfer (Sadena), the two that always seem to luck out and scrape by without much serious golf game (Fiamma and Kristi), the two that we know can play but have a hard time executing sometimes (we know they will show up, Renee did this episode) in Renee and Jackie, the streaky one that will always get by with some strong shots and some weak ones (Mary), and the hopeless ones that are just bound to get eliminated soon  (Lindsay, Kylee, Tonya).

I actually like Tonya... At least her show performance has been good so far... Last nights episode: flop walls, what the heck was that? I watched two girls just completely top the ball (or something) and it rolled across the ground. Everyone kept saying "it's a bunker shot" is it? Thought it was a flop shot, didn't see one of them open their stance and club face and just hit it high, it was like they all wanted to dig a foot behind it. Seen pros hit this shot without taking a divot. Sadena once again seems to out perform, the rest of the chicks are already believing she is better than them. I don't get it, where is the confidence? Real pros always know they are the best (whether they actually are or not), if you come in believing you can't beat someone, you already lost. (Early Tiger vs the world)

I actually like Tonya... At least her show performance has been good so far...

Last nights episode: flop walls, what the heck was that? I watched two girls just completely top the ball (or something) and it rolled across the ground. Everyone kept saying "it's a bunker shot" is it? Thought it was a flop shot, didn't see one of them open their stance and club face and just hit it high, it was like they all wanted to dig a foot behind it. Seen pros hit this shot without taking a divot.

Sadena once again seems to out perform, the rest of the chicks are already believing she is better than them. I don't get it, where is the confidence? Real pros always know they are the best (whether they actually are or not), if you come in believing you can't beat someone, you already lost. (Early Tiger vs the world)

I agree. Even I can hit the flop shot. I watched in amazement at the lack of ability during last night's episode.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In picking the teams and then setting the order for the flop wall, we saw what the girls think is the pecking order.  They thought it was nuts to pick Jackie over Sedena, and Jackie, Sedena, and Tonya were quickly selected for the last wall.  They didn't think it was smart for Mary to go first, and picking Renee last and making her hit first showed they didn't think much of her.

Lindsey going is no shock to me. I figured she was next.

Everytime I watch the show and see Kaylee, all I can think of is Nation Lampoon's Vacation

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I've been very dissappointed with this season so far, each episode just seems to be very predictable and for whatever reason the players just seem to be going through the motions. Maybe its just the cast but I'm finding it hard to get excited for the shows anymore.

Is it me or does it look like Renee kinda throws her club at the ball, in a sense, flipping it a bit...

Is it me or does it look like Renee kinda throws her club at the ball, in a sense, flipping it a bit...

Yeah, and .... I know these girls (except Sadena) are short hitters, but did anybody notice Renee when she won the elimination challenge? She hit driver on a 335 yard hole, and by all accounts it was a good drive right in the center of the fairway, and she had 147 yards left. A good drive for her is under 200 yards?!?!? And the weakness was confirmed when she hit hybrid (hybrid!!) from 147. Lucky for her, she hit it straight and exactly 147 yards! ;) P.S. I am amazed at how differently I see some of the girls in their golf outfits vs. when they're made up. Especially Tonya. I think she was quite cute playing in the braids, hat and golf skirt. During confessionals with hair done and makeup on tho ...

• Administrator
Cracks me up how the wanker host guy overreacts to every shot that isn't that good. "and looook at THIISSS she has hit it soooo far left!!!" Cut to the ball barely bouncing in the first cut of rough lol.

Ditto.

And the weakness was confirmed when she hit hybrid (hybrid!!) from 147. Lucky for her, she hit it straight and exactly 147 yards! ;)

No kidding. WTH?

P.S. I am amazed at how differently I see some of the girls in their golf outfits vs. when they're made up. Especially Tonya. I think she was quite cute playing in the braids, hat and golf skirt. During confessionals with hair done and makeup on tho ...

Almost all of them look better on the golf course. I continue to say that golf attire is an instant +1 or +2 for most women on the ten-point scale.

In some ways, btw, some of you are too hard on the gals. Even PGA Tour players miss the greens and fail to get up and down more than some of you seem to think. And on the other hand, sometimes people aren't harsh enough. PGA Tour players almost never chunk simple pitches… or blade chip shots, or whatever.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Lindsey going is no shock to me. I figured she was next.

Everytime I watch the show and see Kaylee, all I can think of is Nation Lampoon's Vacation

Nail on the head. I knew her face was familiar and that was it. I think she's next to fall. She, Kristi, and Renee are the next batch of three. Then Tonya, Fiamma, Mary. Seems like it's gotta be Jackie v. Sadena in the match play finale. Anything else would be a surprise.  Can I fast forward to that?

I'm watching the episode now in the background, and they are all worshiping Sadena- even the announcers. Why don't they just award her the victory? When Mary picked Jackie first, someone said Mary was delusional.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Yeah, and .... I know these girls (except Sadena) are short hitters, but did anybody notice Renee when she won the elimination challenge? She hit driver on a 335 yard hole, and by all accounts it was a good drive right in the center of the fairway, and she had 147 yards left. A good drive for her is under 200 yards?!?!? And the weakness was confirmed when she hit hybrid (hybrid!!) from 147. Lucky for her, she hit it straight and exactly 147 yards! ;)

P.S. I am amazed at how differently I see some of the girls in their golf outfits vs. when they're made up. Especially Tonya. I think she was quite cute playing in the braids, hat and golf skirt. During confessionals with hair done and makeup on tho ...

I see this whole season as a colossal failure.   The golf is bad and the girls are not good looking at all (though I will disagree with you about Tonya, I think she looks better with her hair down.   Not good, mind you, just better.).   I'll take hot chicks playing bad golf or ugly chicks playing good golf, but when you have ugly chicks playing bad golf.............    Just not a good combo.......

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I missed last night's show. From the comments here I probably would have thought the same thing about it as I did about the other shows.

I missed last night's show. From the comments here I probably would have thought the same thing about it as I did about the other shows.

At least 3 of the girls desperately needed to read Erik's quickie pitching thread, because that flop wall display was pathetic.

I'll take hot chicks playing bad golf or ugly chicks playing good golf, but when you have ugly chicks playing bad golf.............    Just not a good combo.......

While I do find this quite funny, I'll agree to disagree on the ugliness of these girls.  They're no models, but they're (several of them) quite cute as normal girls.

If you put them on TV or the LPGA tour, sure, they don't particularly stand out.  But if you see them on the range, you're still doing double takes.

(It reminds me of the one cute girl in my engineering school.  She may have been a 6 or 7 in a room full of Delta Delta Delta's, but in a room full of smelly, computer nerd males, she wsa a freaking 11!!) :-P

I totally agree. Ugly girls playing bad golf, come on where did they find these chicks at, the local muni or something.

I forced myself to watch it last night, and when I saw the chick duff the flop shot in front of the medium sized wall. I turned it off, I will never watch it again.

Hey Golfchannel (Arnie?) think of a new show, the Big Break crap is getting old. Kinda like American Idol. Was good for a few years, but good god just stop the nonsense and create a new freaking show!!!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

I would  watch a game show with hacks getting paid to hit increasingly tougher shots with corresponding increased dollar amounts. Kind of like "Who wants to be a Millionaire"...

(It reminds me of the one cute girl in my engineering school.  She may have been a 6 or 7 in a room full of Delta Delta Delta's, but in a room full of smelly, computer nerd males, she wsa a freaking 11!!)

I guess this is where we differ.   To me, 6 is a 6, whether she is in a room full of guys or on stage at the Miss USA pageant.

Nonetheless, this show is the worst of the BB series.   If this is really the best they could come up with, GC needs to kill the series and move on.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!