IGNORED

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

LMAO...Abbott's commentating is the worst of any sport that I have seen. "Oh deeeaahh, what happened theeeeaaahhh?" Well, Tom, not every golfer hits a perfect shot every time. I think my dog has more brain cells than this guy.

Pretty sure there's a reason why he only covers female golf events.. Imagine hearing that voice on every PGA telecast.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENtSwing32

LMAO...Abbott's commentating is the worst of any sport that I have seen. "Oh deeeaahh, what happened theeeeaaahhh?" Well, Tom, not every golfer hits a perfect shot every time. I think my dog has more brain cells than this guy.

Pretty sure there's a reason why he only covers female golf events.. Imagine hearing that voice on every PGA telecast.

HAHA seriously. I can't even figure out why him or that older woman have commentating jobs. Seems like ANYONE else could do a better job.

• Administrator
that old c*nt

Seriously dude? Seriously considering restricting you from the thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENtSwing32

that old c*nt

Seriously dude? Seriously considering restricting you from the thread.

Ok, I edited that out. Sorry. I just get so tired of hearing her being over critical of every shot and every player. Yesterday Wie was 1 of 2 (Lexi) to reach one of the par 5's in 2, and because she didn't hit it within 20 feet of the pin, the old lady was super negative about the shot. Even just now, she's criticizing Wie for using 3w and not driver on some holes...ummm she's -10 and leading at the moment? What is this lady's problem?? I'm just using her comments about Wie as an example...she's said plenty of less than flattering things about the others as well. Not saying she has to stroke their egos but c'mon.

Ok, I edited that out. Sorry. I just get so tired of hearing her being over critical of every shot and every player. Yesterday Wie was 1 of 2 (Lexi) to reach one of the par 5's in 2, and because she didn't hit it within 20 feet of the pin, the old lady was super negative about the shot. Even just now, she's criticizing Wie for using 3w and not driver on some holes...ummm she's -10 and leading at the moment? What is this lady's problem?? I'm just using her comments about Wie as an example...she's said plenty of less than flattering things about the others as well. Not saying she has to stroke their egos but c'mon.

She was even critical of lexis shot yesterday on 18 even though it got to about 18 feet. Gannon was mocking her for awhile after that (deservedly so) for being so negative. Whoops, just realized we were in the wrong thread. That's ok, I can tie it back in ... They showed a graphic an hour ago with the Symetra tour money list leaders and Jackie was 8 the on the list. Good for her!!

I'm always amazed at how they can keep it under wraps months after the show stops taping as far as the winner goes. Don't you think even a family member of the winner might accidentally let it slip?

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I'm always amazed at how they can keep it under wraps months after the show stops taping as far as the winner goes. Don't you think even a family member of the winner might accidentally let it slip?

The confidentiality agreements they have to sign must contain pretty evil consequences if violated because no one's slipped up yet.

Constantine

The confidentiality agreements they have to sign must contain pretty evil consequences if violated because no one's slipped up yet.

Devils advocate here...So, what exactly can they do to a person If they tell, and the GC guys find out..?  Sue you for money, your home?, or maybe try to have you tossed in jail..?

And If someone did let it slip, how would the GC guys find out.? do they monitor every single form on the social media..? Oh wait, maybe they have spy's following all involved..J/K

All seems kind of foolish to me, but then I wouldn't care if someone leaked the results anyway.

Devils advocate here...So, what exactly can they do to a person If they tell, and the GC guys find out..?  Sue you for money, your home?, or maybe try to have you tossed in jail..?

And If someone did let it slip, how would the GC guys find out.? do they monitor every single form on the social media..? Oh wait, maybe they have spy's following all involved..J/K

All seems kind of foolish to me, but then I wouldn't care if someone leaked the results anyway.

I always figured people on these reality shows get a pay check (that is never mentioned) apart from the "prizes" for being on the show and they don't get that check until the airing of the show is over.

No particular reason for me to think that other than it just seemed like a common sense way to get them all to keep the secret.

I would see very little chance of a Network winning a lawsuit against a contestant for talking. Some of them don't have anything anyway so the Network would never collect anything even if they did win a suit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer 4

I always figured people on these reality shows get a pay check (that is never mentioned) apart from the "prizes" for being on the show and they don't get that check until the airing of the show is over.

No particular reason for me to think that other than it just seemed like a common sense way to get them all to keep the secret.

I would see very little chance of a Network winning a lawsuit against a contestant for talking. Some of them don't have anything anyway so the Network would never collect anything even if they did win a suit.

Yea, could be. That makes sense.

Honestly, @Hammer 4 I'm not the best person here to answer that question, but I guess it's fair to say that the nature of NDAs is that we don't know what's inside them; however, I'm sure all reality shows have similar rules one has to follow outside of the show.

Agreed, none of them are rich, so no one makes a very good candidate for lawsuit. And proving who the rat was could prove difficult.

Constantine

There wasn't an episode tonight, was there? I'm assuming no because it's Masters week, but I just wanted to check.

Constantine

There wasn't an episode tonight, was there? I'm assuming no because it's Masters week, but I just wanted to check.

No episode tonight was looking forward to it

This show is a conglomeration of 110 and below pitch shots.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Mary epitomizes how a golfer shouldn't dress.  Her golf shirt was so small it didn't even cover her belly and the tie strings that she uses to keep her pants up.

Kristi demonstrated how bad golf thoughts can ruin your golf game.  She went into the final immunity challenge thinking about losing on purpose so Sadena wouldn't pick her.  She got her wish and got to pick who she faced and still lost.

Jackie has started to separate from the group, but it will be interesting to see if she's as good when they challenges aren't just from 150 yards and in.

Joe Paradiso

Pretty awful display of golf by Kristi last night. Though I liked her, she deserved to go home. Poor shots all around to end up in the elimination challenge, and then got off to a nice start by getting up and down from 25 yards but the collapse on the second hole did her in. Can't make a 5 from 110 yards out in the middle of the fairway.

Aside from Jackie and Sadena, I don't see how any of these girls could play at the top level. Tonya maybe, she appeared to be pretty solid towards the end and had decent length. Kylee hit what they said was a great drive on the final elimination hole last night, which was a 316 yard par 4 I believe, and was left with 112 yards into the green. The hole didn't appear to be straight but instead kind of dog-legged around the marsh, so her "great" drive wasn't even 200 yards. I wouldn't think 200 yard drives would cut it at the LPGA level.

This show is a conglomeration of 110 and below pitch shots.

Good point.  Has there been a show yet that didn't have at least one challenge be a 95 shot?

Jackie has started to separate from the group, but it will be interesting to see if she's as good when they challenges aren't just from 150 yards and in.

Based on the fact that she's in the top ten on the "Race For The Card" list for the Symetra Tour**, I'd say that she does have the game.  (The top 10 on that list at the end of the year get their LPGA cards)

According to the "Top 10" list, she's number 8.  According to the numbers next to their names on this tournament page she's in 6th place.  Not sure which list is more recent.  Notice also that on the tournament page, 8th on that list is Emily Talley. :-P

Oh wait ... it looks like their season in only a couple of tournaments old .... so pretty much, nevermind all that I just wrote. :doh:

Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!