IGNORED

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mary's perception on the show was probably unfair.  I may not don't like the way Mary looks but I get her personality, and think she is actually a cool girl.

That's probably true.  I just wish she would stop being so hyperbolic and not say "fricken" so many times.  It's very off putting.

I also think that she could dress a lot better.  I get that she might be self conscious and not be wanting to wear skirts and shorts out there, but she'd be better off with regular pants like Inbee or Shanshan wear (wow, I watch too much women's golf if I know all these names!!!) instead of wearing rain pants all the time.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If Jackie runs away with it, which I agree appears likely, then I think this will go down as one of the poorer Big Break seasons I can remember (I started watching in 2008, so whatever season that was).

I've only seen the past few years, but this is already the worst I've seen. I didn't see the last episode, and I doubt I'll even bother. The final episodes interest me very little for some reason. And this is coming from a fan of the overall concept of the show (and the first BB seasons I watched).

I'm a fan of these gals on Symetra though, so I'll look forward to seeing them continue their journey there. Jackie was inside the top 10 in earning for a while (to earn LPGA card), but a bad performance this weekend dropped her just outside the top 10.  Sadena hasn't done too much this season, although she led last week after Round 1. Unfortunately, she finished out of the top 50, I believe, as she had a terrible couple rounds. If nothing else, the show gave us a glimpse at some stories so the leaderboards are more interesting to take a peak at.

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Overall, this was a disappointing season.  The quality of play was a bit of a letdown.  I'm rooting for Jackie to win because she's the best player left and she seems like a really good person.   Nothing against the other girl, but her game is weak.   The ideal finale would be Jackie vs Sadena, but she choked it away......

I'm ready for another all guys season.....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Overall, this was a disappointing season.  The quality of play was a bit of a letdown.  I'm rooting for Jackie to win because she's the best player left and she seems like a really good person.   Nothing against the other girl, but her game is weak.   The ideal finale would be Jackie vs Sadena, but she choked it away...... I'm ready for another all guys season.....

Sedena probably would have done real well this week with the 2 par 5s too

Regardless of how the finale turns out, it's great to see Jackie doing well this week on Symetra:

http://www.symetrascoring.com/public/Leaderboard.aspx

After 3 holes on Sunday, Jackie is at -5, one stroke behind the leader, Marissa Steen (who has played 2 holes). A bunch of players are at -3 and -2, so she's right in the thick of this. Go Jackie! She needs a good showing here to get back into the Top 10, who earn cards for the LPGA next year.

Sadena missed the cut. Mary missed the cut. Renee didn't play. Fiamma isn't even qualified to play this tour, I think.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Overall, this was a disappointing season.  The quality of play was a bit of a letdown.  I'm rooting for Jackie to win because she's the best player left and she seems like a really good person.   Nothing against the other girl, but her game is weak.   The ideal finale would be Jackie vs Sadena, but she choked it away......

I'm ready for another all guys season.....

I agree 100%!

But it's just not the contestants. It sure seems like as time has went on they've gotten farther and farther away from playing any real golf. I'm perfectly OK with the goofy challenges to win immunity but in the elimination challenge you've got to play at least 3 holes every show at a minimum. I couldn't believe they didn't get to play 9 holes in the semi finals!

Just seems like they're weeding out too much actual golf. I'm actually surprised they're letting them play a full 18 hole match tonight.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Overall, this was a disappointing season.  The quality of play was a bit of a letdown.  I'm rooting for Jackie to win because she's the best player left and she seems like a really good person.   Nothing against the other girl, but her game is weak.   The ideal finale would be Jackie vs Sadena, but she choked it away...... I'm ready for another all guys season.....

+1 Brutal season. Bring on some male golf please.....

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Unwatchable and a complete waste of my time. I almost wore out the fast forward button on my remote... and would have been better off with one press of the delete button.

I used to think The Big Break was fairly interesting but I figure this was the last time I'll bother to watch a season. I can buy a can of paint and spread somewhere and watch it dry instead. At least something will get painted.

Unwatchable and a complete waste of my time. I almost wore out the fast forward button on my remote... and would have been better off with one press of the delete button.

I used to think The Big Break was fairly interesting but I figure this was the last time I'll bother to watch a season. I can buy a can of paint and spread somewhere and watch it dry instead. At least something will get painted.

Thanks for the review. I won't even bother.

I have no idea who won, but does it even matter? Jackie would be a worthy winner, and Fiamma would be a bit of a fluke. I think there were only a few players who even have a shot at playing on the LPGA in their current state of their games, and those few generally rose to the top of the show. I don't think Fiamma was one of them based on her play throughout the season.  While I look forward to seeing those few players continue their journey to success, I feel like the Big Break season was a disappointment.  I know Big Break loves their gimmicks like glass breaking and black jack, but it just seems like the season bored us to death with short game silliness, and very few challenges that were real golf. Anyway, good luck to the top players this summer on the tours. We will enjoy following you there, but the Big Break Florida season will not be missed.

My Swing

Overall the season was disappointing, but the finale wasn't that bad. Well, that is only if you don't mind watching one person play good golf ;). Fiamma was horrible and it's amazing she even made it 15 holes. Jackie was on though. In 15 holes, if my count is correct, she missed one fairway and maybe one green, and had 14 easy pars and one birdie. She didn't putt great, but she played like a very worthy champion. Congrats to her. Now I'm glad this season is finally over. ;) Anybody see the commercial for the "Big Break Invitational" tournament?? That's somewhat intriguing.

Overall the season was disappointing, but the finale wasn't that bad. Well, that is only if you don't mind watching one person play good golf ;). Fiamma was horrible and it's amazing she even made it 15 holes. Jackie was on though. In 15 holes, if my count is correct, she missed one fairway and maybe one green, and had 14 easy pars and one birdie. She didn't putt great, but she played like a very worthy champion. Congrats to her. Now I'm glad this season is finally over. ;)

Anybody see the commercial for the "Big Break Invitational" tournament?? That's somewhat intriguing.

It's still sitting on my DVR, but I saw something flash up on Facebook this morning. What is it?

- Shane

Fairways looked moldy.

Nice to see Jackie just play consistent regulation golf.  She didn't miss much.  Maybe missed one Fairway and 'barely' missed one GIR (just short).

Boring Good golf is slightly better than boring bad golf.

It was so lopsided that even the hosts pretty much had to stay quiet too.  That was a plus.

(I just watched all the Big Breaks lately - this season was definitely one of the worst)

Bill - 

It's still sitting on my DVR, but I saw something flash up on Facebook this morning. What is it?

Not sure, only noticed the last few seconds of the commercial, but it seems like it's going to be a tournament for Big Break alums.  Might be interesting.

Fairways looked moldy.

Is that what that was?  Every time they showed a close up of a ball rolling in the fairway, I was like "What the heck is wrong with their grass??"  That's another negative about this season ... the course certainly wasn't anything to write home about.

If they played bad golf at Pebble Beach, the course itself could still keep me entertained, but bad golf at a bad course isn't good. ;)

+1

Brutal season.

Bring on some male golf please.....

Agree.

Terrible, even by women's golf standards.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Too bad Renee couldn't have made to the finals, maybe we would have actually had a match. They must have said " all she has do to is chip in and the pressure will be on" about 3 times... I'm thinking "she isn't going to chip in, just shut up" lol

Did anyone see Fiamma and Jackie on morning drive today? They went to the simulator.. Fiamma duffed two pitch shots and couldn't even hit her drive.. sliced it to barely 175 yards... And she's a pro?

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

• 3 weeks later...

Jackie made the cut at the Manual Life Financial Classic.  She is 74th out of 79 places. I did not recognize a single name of those who did not make the cut.

T74 T74 USA
+1 10:10 AM* 70 73 71

Looking at Jackie's stats, she is playing pretty dang consistent.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!