IGNORED

GAME GOLF - Digital Tracking System

Note: This thread is 2184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Is the app giving anyone else issues with notifications? I get the notifications but they are not updated in the app and won't go to the golfer with the notification.

I disabled a bunch of the notifications. They didn't seem to clear out from the app (the badge) unless I did it in the app; doing it on the website didn't propagate the changes to the app.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I disabled a bunch of the notifications. They didn't seem to clear out from the app (the badge) unless I did it in the app; doing it on the website didn't propagate the changes to the app.

I set them to be sent mobile and I get the notification but it takes me to the notifications in the app and they are not updated, nor do they have the individual from the round posted listed. Must be a glitch on my end I guess.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator

I set them to be sent mobile and I get the notification but it takes me to the notifications in the app and they are not updated, nor do they have the individual from the round posted listed. Must be a glitch on my end I guess.

They work for me still, yeah.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They work for me still, yeah.

I made changes online and apparently turning off the email notifications also shuts off the app notification updates. I turned them back on and started working again.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I just missed the "lightning deal". I guess I'll just have to wait for the Cyber Monday deals?

$119 was a pretty nice deal!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

I just missed the "lightning deal". I guess I'll just have to wait for the Cyber Monday deals?

The Cyber Monday deals that… were a week ago?

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/72375/game-golf-digital-tracking-system/36#post_1083451"]   I just missed the "lightning deal". I guess I'll just have to wait for the Cyber Monday deals? [/QUOTE] The Cyber Monday deals that… were a week ago?

Maybe after Christmas sales. :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

$119 was a pretty nice deal!

I was just on Amazon, they were at 90%.

Sorry, after I posted this I went back to amazon and it was finished.

edit by Brian

Brian   

$120 + tax, I got it yesterday at 5:35 pm.  When you go to today's deals on Amazon > lightning deals, you can click on the > arrow on the right and see all the upcoming deals for the day and the time they start.

I set the alarm on my iPhone for 5:30 pm - got on Amazon and got the deal.

$120 + tax, I got it yesterday at 5:35 pm.  When you go to today's deals on Amazon > lightning deals, you can click on the > arrow on the right and see all the upcoming deals for the day and the time they start.

I set the alarm on my iPhone for 5:30 pm - got on Amazon and got the deal.

Nice. I wish I had seen this at 2:35pm my time. PST really sucks when you have timed sales like this. The only thing worse is voting in Hawaii.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this as a gift -

Can this be used at all, in any way, on a course that is not in their system - or do you just have to wait and hope for that course (after requesting it on their website) - or only try it out on registered courses?

• Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfingal View Post

Just got this as a gift -

Can this be used at all, in any way, on a course that is not in their system - or do you just have to wait and hope for that course (after requesting it on their website) - or only try it out on registered courses?

What course?

If you email them they are pretty quick about adding the course. They just use existing GPS maps, I believe.

http://support.gamegolf.com/customer/portal/articles/1446205-does-my-course-need-to-be-mapped-

Quote:
If your course isn't mapped, please request it at the link above (click "Request a Course" on the top right hand side of the page) and our mapping team will have your course ready for play in 2-4 weeks. You will be notified by email when your course is ready.

What course?

If you email them they are pretty quick about adding the course. They just use existing GPS maps, I believe.

Thanks I know they say they will add courses on request - I mentioned that in my post - but the question is - does this do anything at all for me right now, WITHOUT a course to find?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

What course?

Thanks I know they say they will add courses on request - I mentioned that in my post - but the question is - does this do anything at all for me right now, WITHOUT a course to find?

Where do you live? I'm in a more or less rural area 30 mins outside of Montréal and they seem to have all the courses around me mapped including the executive 9-hole which isn't even a rated course. The have a surprisingly large library already and I'd be surprised if none of the courses in your area are mapped.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

You're right. Sorry. I skim too much sometimes. I haven't encountered an unmapped course. I'd bet it doesn't really work. I wonder if you could map the shots and just wait until the course is added to sign the round. Can't hurt to try it. Can you report back after you play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Where do you live? I'm in a more or less rural area 30 mins outside of Montréal and they seem to have all the courses around me mapped including the executive 9-hole which isn't even a rated course. The have a surprisingly large library already and I'd be surprised if none of the courses in your area are mapped.

Thanks Ernest - but I didn't say NONE of the courses in our area are mapped.  Here's what I DID say -

Quote:
Can this be used at all, in any way, on a course that is not in their system?

There are tons of other courses listed -- just not ours.  Esplanade Country Club, Lakewood Ranch, Florida.  MIA probably because it's a relatively new course.

Erik - I haven't installed the ends yet or registered or anything since I knew it wasn't going to be of much use for the moment.  I could try it, but I'm just not sure what I'd be trying since it wouldn't know if I hit left, right, straight or even what par is on any given hole.

The first course on my 2015 schedule I'll play that's probably mapped is Innisbrook, Copperhead Course.  But that's a tournament and these might not be legal (not sure).  Meanwhile maybe we'll be compelled to go elsewhere and play just to try it out.  :-)

• Administrator
Erik - I haven't installed the ends yet or registered or anything since I knew it wasn't going to be of much use for the moment.  I could try it, but I'm just not sure what I'd be trying since it wouldn't know if I hit left, right, straight or even what par is on any given hole.

The first course on my 2015 schedule I'll play that's probably mapped is Innisbrook, Copperhead Course.  But that's a tournament and these might not be legal (not sure).  Meanwhile maybe we'll be compelled to go elsewhere and play just to try it out.  :-)

They're legal. I've seen players using them during PGA Tour events. Graeme McDowell is a part owner I believe.

You're right about not knowing whether it's left, right, etc. but… I would still email them to ask. At the end of the day it's just marking a position in GPS. When the course is added, perhaps they can assign the round you "mapped" to that course, and with a little editing, voilà, you can sign your round and get stats.

Thanks Ernest - but I didn't say NONE of the courses in our area are mapped.  Here's what I DID say -

There are tons of other courses listed -- just not ours.  Esplanade Country Club, Lakewood Ranch, Florida.  MIA probably because it's a relatively new course.

I used mine in a tournament after i asked my tour director and he said it was fine.Also Graehm Mcdowell used his during US open in the second round so yes its legal for use.There is one thats out that gives you instant feedback while you play and im not sure that it will be legal since you can find out info as you play.Think its that arrcos gadget.

Note: This thread is 2184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!