IGNORED

TST SoCal Spring 2014 Outing - May 4, 2014 @ Black Gold Golf Club (Yorba Linda, CA)

Lihu
Note: This thread is 3665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What course should we hold this outing at?

• Red Hawk (Temecula)
    • Temecula Creek Inn (Temecula)
    • Black Gold (Yorba Linda)
    • Other (Please specify in post)

Yep, yep.

Any word on groups, etc?

Also, does anyone else find it humorous that the sand traps are flooded on google maps???

The sand was that white crunchy stuff but one I got into was all small rocks. Unless you are a picker I would not hit out of it, it will certainly ding your club.

Also no water in them Sat and that was after that big rain we had Friday night.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Tristan,

As of 5/1,  I am a 16.2 GHIN index.

Look forward to seeing you all Sunday.

Jeff

An armed society is a polite society--Robert Heinlein

Tristan, my apologies. I am still an 8.2 as of May 1st. My math must have been fuzzy..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18.1 as of today. It would have been a 17.5 if I hadn't posted last Saturday's round. Hopefully my two rounds this weekend will be better, although my 3-4 least recent rounds are all in my handicap at the moment, so this could go either way. At least it's summer where I can spend more time improving.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

@tristanhilton85 ... do you have the groups yet?

I would say I don't mean to nag ... but that would be a lie.

:-D If I wanted to hear that kind of stuff, I'd just stay home--or send Golfingdad to my place where he'd have some REAL competition :beer:

I may have missed it: when are we meeting? Is it early morning, twilight, somewhere between?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I may have missed it: when are we meeting? Is it early morning, twilight, somewhere between?

I believe the first tee time is 1000.   I plan on leaving home around 0730 and should be on the practice range around 0900.

Just talked with them... Were set for Sunday, May 4th, with the first group out at 10 am. Cost is $75/player and includes cart and range balls.

@swampertwo is correct.  (I couldn't remember if it was 10 or 10:30 and I had to go back like 5 pages for this ;))

I will probably get there around 9 as well to hit some balls on the range and meet everybody.

I believe the first tee time is 1000.   I plan on leaving home around 0730 and should be on the practice range around 0900.

Sounds like my plan too then. Thanks! See you at the practice tee.

-- Michael | My swing! 

I haven't made the groupings yet. I'll do so tonight. I was waiting to see if we'd end up with a 12th player but it looks like we're stuck at 11.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I haven't made the groupings yet. I'll do so tonight. I was waiting to see if we'd end up with a 12th player but it looks like we're stuck at 11.

While Kaili and I need to wait around before hastily lugging a 90# harp to the audition, we'll be forelornly thinking about those empty spots. Well, hope it gets filled, and have a great time!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

While Kaili and I need to wait around before hastily lugging a 90# harp to the audition, we'll be forelornly thinking about those empty spots.

Well, hope it gets filled, and have a great time!

Tristan already knows, and he's finalizing the groups now ... but I found us a 12th. :beer:

Good news, @Golfingdad was able to fill the 12th spot with a friend so we have three complete groups. We also have three guys named Jeff going now, but I got one in each group so that should avoid any confusion :).

These will be the groupings:

Remember with the handicaps that we all get 80% of our course handicap, so if the number seems a bit low to you, that's why. Best 3 of 4 scores on each hole count. All will be playing the Blue tees except for jefkve and Colin's uncle (I made the cutoff for the Whites to be 20 and Jeff was the only one over, and Colin asked his uncle play from the whites). jefkve, if you want to play from the blues, let me know and I'll adjust the table.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Good news, @Golfingdad was able to fill the 12th spot with a friend so we have three complete groups. We also have three guys named Jeff going now, but I got one in each group so that should avoid any confusion :).

These will be the groupings:

Remember with the handicaps that we all get 80% of our course handicap, so if the number seems a bit low to you, that's why. Best 3 of 4 scores on each hole count. All will be playing the Blue tees except for jefkve and Colin's uncle (I made the cutoff for the Whites to be 20 and Jeff was the only one over, and Colin asked his uncle play from the whites). jefkve, if you want to play from the blues, let me know and I'll adjust the table.

Anybody else think that @Bechambo should be re-rated, since he's won this thing every single time he's played???  I think he should have to go off of a +5 or something. :-P

• Administrator

That's a pretty chart.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hmm, Tristan, Mike and Barrett are all split up.  Who's going to take home the trophy now?

I'm gonna go with Mike's group, as I'm sure Drew brought in a ringer.  13.8 handicap that will shoot 79.  Book it!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 3665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!