IGNORED

Hybrid Reviews

Jakester23
Note: This thread is 3683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For me I didn't like how short the face of the titleist is. That's the same reason I didn't like the i25. The titleist felt good but I had a lot of shots high up on the face.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For me I didn't like how short the face of the titleist is. That's the same reason I didn't like the i25. The titleist felt good but I had a lot of shots high up on the face.

I am the same, the taller the face, the more I like it. Also the more bulge/roll the less I like any hybrids/woods.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I purchased a x hot pro 3 wood recently as well and I'm very impressed with Callaway's woods. If I was in the market for a driver I think that's probably what I'd be scooping.

I purchased a x hot pro 3 wood recently as well and I'm very impressed with Callaway's woods. If I was in the market for a driver I think that's probably what I'd be scooping.

Yeah Callaway did a nice job with their X hot stuff. Enjoy, now you just need the snow to melt.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 4 weeks later...

@Jakester23 the Adams V4 has officially changed my opinion of hybrids again and has kicked the X Utility out of the bag this year.  Have you had any change to try out the X2 hot hybrids yet?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

I actually own 2 X2 Hot hybrids ha ha. I went to golfsmith (had a bunch of gift cards) and hit every hybrid they carried. I absolutely fell in love with the Callaway. It launches great but doesn't balloon. The thing I've noticed that I really like its how well it preformed on off center hits. I ended up getting a 19 degree and a 22 degree. So no more utility or 4 iron.

Very nice! Yeah I am sold on the hybrid again as well. It can be tough to find one that fits you but it is great when you do. The one I am using I think is Adam's Game Improvement one. :)

Nate

Very nice! Yeah I am sold on the hybrid again as well. It can be tough to find one that fits you but it is great when you do. The one I am using I think is Adam's Game Improvement one. :)

Try out the SLDR hybrid, the thing is a monster, I like the look. Hybrids can't bee too small for me, or too fairway woodish.

Right now I have a Adams Idea Pro A12 hybrid. I love the thing for when I need a go to drive on a short par 4. Its probably 80% chance hitting fairway with that sucker, love it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Try out the SLDR hybrid, the thing is a monster, I like the look. Hybrids can't bee too small for me, or too fairway woodish.

Right now I have a Adams Idea Pro A12 hybrid. I love the thing for when I need a go to drive on a short par 4. Its probably 80% chance hitting fairway with that sucker, love it.

The Pro A12 is nice, it's one of the only clubs that keeps sneaking back into my bag, if we could carry 15 clubs, it would never leave my bag.  I like it a lot off the tee, but not so much in deep rough.

Joe Paradiso

I will give it a try sometime.  Right now I feel the same about the Idea V4.  It is kind of weird having a 4 iron and a 4 hybrid in the bag but the hybrid is longer than the 4 iron and more versatile.  I really like the face height of the V4.

We will have to hook up so you can give the callie a whack.

Will do.  I sure hope the courses will open soon.

Nate

I will give it a try sometime.  Right now I feel the same about the Idea V4.  It is kind of weird having a 4 iron and a 4 hybrid in the bag but the hybrid is longer than the 4 iron and more versatile.  I really like the face height of the V4.

Will do.  I sure hope the courses will open soon.

I think mine is a 3 hybrid, and my longest iron is a 4 iron. I just wanted something with a bit more gap for me.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

If money is not an issue then why not go to henry griffitts  get custom fitted and get yourself a 3 and 4 hybrid? it may not be cheap but they get custom built for you and you can have them adjust them so they can hit any yardage you need them to. I bit the bullet and got me hybrids from hg (first clubs i have gotten from them) couldnt be more happy with the results. they do exactly what i need them to do at exactly the yardage i use for them. just my two cents.

Note: This thread is 3683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!