IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There are other websites?

Yeah, but no button to bring directly to the latest new posts on TST so I avoid those half ass sites... I mean, seriously, how hard would it be to have a button that takes me to the latest posts on here?

:-$

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Might not be that hard, actually. I only use it for design, but it may be possible with Stylish or something similar. :dance:

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Don't EVER buy into the Home Depot 24 month interest free scam. It's only deferred interest.

Isn't it only interest free if you pay within the 24 months? Otherwise it's like you mentioned they put it right back on top of the principle!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Isn't it only interest free if you pay within the 24 months? Otherwise it's like you mentioned they put it right back on top of the principle!

That's what we thought, but they put the whole amount on if you don't pay the full amount in 12 months. Learn from the wisdom of my experience and extra $4477.31 that I now owe them.

- Shane

Yeah, my sister got dinged with that at a furniture store. After the two year period elapse she still owed $50 or something similar and they charged her 2 years interest on the full amount. #readthefineprint

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Yeah, my sister got dinged with that at a furniture store. After the two year period elapse she still owed $50 or something similar and they charged her 2 years interest on the full amount. #readthefineprint

Definitely. This was financed through Home Depot through the AC company who told us it was 24 months interest free. Should have been more vigilant. This sucks.

- Shane

That's what we thought, but they put the whole amount on if you don't pay the full amount in 12 months. Learn from the wisdom of my experience and extra $4477.31 that I now owe them.

How is that 24 month interest free then? Sounds like 12 month interest free.. I mean, it is kind of hard to interpret 24 month interest free with anything less! Man that sucks about te extra 4k it isn't a small amount! [quote name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/72760/social-thread-chat-about-non-golf-here/400_10#post_1047011"] Yeah, my sister got dinged with that at a furniture store. After the two year period elapse she still owed $50 or something similar and they charged her 2 years interest on the full amount. #readthefineprint[/quote] Yup! I usually will ask questions until there is no doubt in regards to what I'm getting ... Especially since I know that most of these companies will say what ever they think people want to hear to get them to buy their stuff!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

How is that 24 month interest free then? Sounds like 12 month interest free..

I mean, it is kind of hard to interpret 24 month interest free with anything less!

Man that sucks about te extra 4k it isn't a small amount!

It's called "24 Month No Interest" which is true. I didn't have to pay it until now.

Must read fine print. Must read fine print. Must read fine print...

- Shane

• Administrator
It's called "24 Month No Interest" which is true. I didn't have to pay it until now.

Must read fine print. Must read fine print. Must read fine print...

It sounds like the lack of interest was… your lack of interest.

I agree that sucks.

My wife and I have done the "no-interest" thing several times now. For example, if we're getting a tax return, we'll do it… and then pay it off two months later. Or some stuff like that.

But we have always paid it off, in full, well before the free part expired.

If you still have your original paperwork, I'd look it up and talk with the original people who installed it and told you 24 months. Sounds like it was 12, not 24.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It sounds like the lack of interest was… your lack of interest.

I agree that sucks.

My wife and I have done the "no-interest" thing several times now. For example, if we're getting a tax return, we'll do it… and then pay it off two months later. Or some stuff like that.

But we have always paid it off, in full, well before the free part expired.

If you still have your original paperwork, I'd look it up and talk with the original people who installed it and told you 24 months. Sounds like it was 12, not 24.

Been through all that. We were stupid. I'm sucking it up and sharing my stupidity that others might learn from it. :8)

- Shane

Been through all that. We were stupid. I'm sucking it up and sharing my stupidity that others might learn from it.

The only thing worse than having been taken advantage of, is knowing that you allowed it to happen and could have easily prevented it.

Been there, done that.  Only once though......you don't make that particular mistake again!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Hornet update (I know everybody is waiting on the edge of their seats): ;-)

Got a bug zapper but was only killing a few every night. Tried spraying hornet killer from the truck window but wasn't having much luck with that because of the location and that they are much harder to kill.

Decided to run a plastic pipe up close to the crack and hook a vacuum cleaner to it.

Got hundreds of them in the vacuum today, vacuumed a little Seven Dust in on them and killed them. Here is the first dump.

Tomorrow I'll put some dust in the pipe and blow it in on top of the nest and what's left of them.

I just bought a $2,000 tv on my Best Buy card. Says 12 months no interest so thought as long as I pay it off in a year, I'm good. Gonna check the fine print on it now so thanks for the tip...

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Hornet update (I know everybody is waiting on the edge of their seats): ;-) Got a bug zapper but was only killing a few every night. Tried spraying hornet killer from the truck window but wasn't having much luck with that because of the location and that they are much harder to kill. Decided to run a plastic pipe up close to the crack and hook a vacuum cleaner to it. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/104913/] [/URL] Got hundreds of them in the vacuum today, vacuumed a little Seven Dust in on them and killed them. Here is the first dump. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/104914/] [/URL] Tomorrow I'll put some dust in the pipe and blow it in on top of the nest and what's left of them.

I hear that method works for getting bees too. ;-)

- Shane

I coach HS football, and tomorrow is our scrimmage, which means next week is GAME WEEK!!!

p.s. Thank god two a days are over!

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

I coach HS football, and tomorrow is our scrimmage, which means next week is GAME WEEK!!! p.s. Thank god two a days are over!

Good luck sir!. As a hoops player at my school, I'm more the "selling tickets in the booth" type of guy. LOL.

Riley

I coach HS football, and tomorrow is our scrimmage, which means next week is GAME WEEK!!!

p.s. Thank god two a days are over!

I bet you aren't nearly as happy about two a days being over as your players are. :-D

(Unless they are as crazy as I was and actually like the Hell of practice).

Good luck on your upcoming season. :beer:

Note: This thread is 3294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!