IGNORED

Popular Golfers Who You Can't Stand

ztexz
Note: This thread is 3681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used to like Bubba and found him entertaining... but then as I really began to "watch" him (more closely in terms of character and not just his play/antics with Fowler and co.) I started to realize he was pretty whiny and not the type of person I typically care to associate with. The part that annoys me the most is that he'll put on the waterworks when he wins and talk about how humbling the victory is/was, yet when things go south he's crying and whining and pointing fingers at things that in reality are non-factors.

Plus, I really hate when players continuously blame their caddie for everything. The club is in your hand, you know what you can/can't do with said club and you are swinging the damn thing on top of it. If your caddie plays that large of a role in you losing, he also plays just as large a part in you winning. Next time, thank your caddie when you win before you thank big G since your caddie plays such a direct and crucial role in your game. Just my opinion.

I used to like Bubba and found him entertaining... but then as I really began to "watch" him (more closely in terms of character and not just his play/antics with Fowler and co.) I started to realize he was pretty whiny and not the type of person I typically care to associate with. The part that annoys me the most is that he'll put on the waterworks when he wins and talk about how humbling the victory is/was, yet when things go south he's crying and whining and pointing fingers at things that in reality are non-factors.

Plus, I really hate when players continuously blame their caddie for everything. The club is in your hand, you know what you can/can't do with said club and you are swinging the damn thing on top of it. If your caddie plays that large of a role in you losing, he also plays just as large a part in you winning. Next time, thank your caddie when you win before you thank big G since your caddie plays such a direct and crucial role in your game. Just my opinion.

We obviously agree, but you articulated it better than I did.  Exactly how I feel about him.  It's a real shame, because I like the way he plays, but I can't root for a guy that acts like that.

Kevin Na gets a vote from me too

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Is he popular?

I think it's his practice swings that get most of us.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ian Poulter, GMac, and let's go with Ian Poulter again

Followed both of them yesterday and they gave a lot of their time after their rounds to autograph seekers. I have both on Twitter and they're really cool - can't find much wrong with either of them. On the course, they're great to the crowd - acknowledge their cheers, etc.  They're the anti-TW as far as interacting w/ golf fans at tournaments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Is he popular?

I think it's his practice swings that get most of us.

Followed Na yesterday- no problem whatsoever -he was slow a couple of times on and around the greens, but the worst slow game culprit was Keegan Bradley and Henrik Stenson -----agonizing to follow around the course.

Keegan Bradley is coming one of my least favorite. Its the spitting, the flipping the club, the slow play, the serial killer look, and approach to the ball ..........it would get on my nerves if I was his playing partner on the tour.  Oh, yeah, we down here in Florida hate chowdahheads .......and Bradley had a ton of them in their Red Sox hats following him yesterday.........

Keegan Bradley is coming one of my least favorite. Its the spitting, the flipping the club, the slow play, the serial killer look, and approach to the ball ..........it would get on my nerves if I was his playing partner on the tour.  Oh, yeah, we down here in Florida hate chowdahheads .......and Bradley had a ton of them in their Red Sox hats following him yesterday.........

I used to hate (well, maybe note hate , that's a pretty strong word) Keegan but his ball striking has won me over. The kid has some serious game. He'll never be a favourite, what with the twitchy routine but, it sure is fun watching him pound the ball. Gotta blank out his trail knee though, that part of his swing drives me nuts but I can't argue with the results.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I used to hate (well, maybe note hate, that's a pretty strong word) Keegan but his ball striking has won me over. The kid has some serious game. He'll never be a favourite, what with the twitchy routine but, it sure is fun watching him pound the ball. Gotta blank out his trail knee though, that part of his swing drives me nuts but I can't argue with the results.

I watched him today, played really well. Has a decent personality, but his looks, demeanor, I just can't get past that. Not the worst on tour, but far from the best in my book.

OTH, I'm liking this newer kid Chesson Hadley, kid's got skillz, would like to see him get a top 5 tomorrow.

I used to hate (well, maybe note hate, that's a pretty strong word) Keegan but his ball striking has won me over. The kid has some serious game. He'll never be a favourite, what with the twitchy routine but, it sure is fun watching him pound the ball. Gotta blank out his trail knee though, that part of his swing drives me nuts but I can't argue with the results.

It can be tough to watch Keegan at times, but I try to keep in mind that he has a real problem and admits it.  OCD is a serious anxiety disorder and he's managing it the best he can.  I find something like that a lot less irritating than someone like Bubba that pouts and swears his way around the course, yelling at everyone.

wish TV wouldn't give him so much airtime during his preshot OCDisms - don't need to see all of that

The TV producers have said that they show so much of Bradley's OCD and Na's yips because they are never sure when the guys are going to take a swing so they switch over too early and usually end up catching the whole routine.

With regards to the OP:

Bubba and Sergio.  I'd have also included Daly and Sabbatini but I don't really consider these two popular any more.

I used to like Bubba, he was a lefty, used the pink driver to promote breast cancer awareness and seemed like he was more misunderstood than a bad guy.  Since winning the Masters, we've seen a pretty ugly side to Bubba, seems he gives god praise when he wins and blames his caddie when he loses which doesn't sit right with me.  He's the boss and he should be the guy in control and own the decisions they make.  I get really annoyed when I see him give his caddie a dirty look and yell at him.

I guess the caddie is getting paid well because if another guy did that to me on television I'd be tempted to punch him in the face but minimally would dump the clubs and walk off.

Joe Paradiso

Speaking of Jason Day - anyone hear Gary Player opine that Day was the PGA's best player (while on Golf Channel Morning Drive yesterday)? Thought that was kind of a off-the-wall pick - kind of surprising.

A little off-the-wall, considering the lack of wins on Day's resumé. I think he could be the best the player on the PGA Tour; he definitely has all the shots.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Note: This thread is 3681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!