IGNORED

2014 Valero Texas Open Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bodwich

Do they have to penalize the whole group or can they single out one individual? I don't think Loupe took LESS than a minute for any shot that I watched. Gave me anxiety just watching him. Surprised he hasn't been blasted on social media yet...or maybe nobody cares about that tourney lol.

I'm pretty sure once the group is on the clock anyone that takes more than 40 seconds is subject to penalty.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm pretty sure once the group is on the clock anyone that takes more than 40 seconds is subject to penalty.

I think that on the GC, they said the officials should time the player, not the group. Which would to me be much more fair.

Yeah, I heard that too.  But they didn't explain it more than that.  Just "40 seconds to hit if he's not first to play."  I assume that it's measured from the moment the player before you hits their shot.  And I assume that if you are first to play, you're given 50 or 60 seconds from the moment you get to your ball?

@Golfingdad got it...thanks for the explanation. I also agree it wouldn't have been fair to decide the winner based on a timing penalty. Loupe isn't playing in Augusta is he?

I doubt it.  I've never heard of the guy before yesterday.  And the Chinese kid isn't playing either (who was also slow) so you're safe there.  Nor is Kevin Na, I think. ;)

Note: This thread is 3651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!