IGNORED

My Swing (CarlSpackler)

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 2638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The shoulders most definitely should not pull back. They should feel rounded down/in/forward.

And the do currently. I just can't seem to get head down enough.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Your chin might feel like it is really close to your chest when looking down. At least that is what I was feeling when I had issues with having my head too up.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Your chin might feel like it is really close to your chest when looking down. At least that is what I was feeling when I had issues with having my head too up.

It will for sure. My traps are usually very tight. Too many shrugs at the gym I guess. I have to look into stretches that will loosen them up.

- Shane

So the torso should tilt forward more and shoulders should pull back?

Sure hope that's not what you got out of the posture thread ;-)

Like Erik said rounded down, in, forward.

And the do currently. I just can't seem to get head down enough.

From the video it doesn't look like it to me, looks like the shoulder are shrugged "up" and your chest it up. This doesn't mean you need to bend over more, it means you have to slouch more.

It will for sure. My traps are usually very tight. Too many shrugs at the gym I guess. I have to look into stretches that will loosen them up.

Just make it look like this, I have a few drills in the posture thread. You know the posture you want when you deadlift? Complete opposite of that.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Slouching... I think my grandmother just rolled over in her grave.

lol

"There is good standing posture and then there is good golf posture."

Mike McLoughlin

lol

"There is good standing posture and then there is good golf posture."

I don't think she would agree. =)

I see where you put the link to the posture thread in now. That should entertain me for a while. ;-)

- Shane

Got over an hour in at the range tonight before the sky started leaking and rumbling. Really focused on looking down. Hopefully I don't look at the videos tomorrow and say, "What?!! I swear I was looking at my toes!" I also worked on the hip preset drill some more hopefully making the adjustments mentioned this morning. Overall, I love the way I'm hitting the ball. Targets that I used 5-6i to reach early in the year I'm hitting with an 8i, granted the air is warmer. Also, the spread of misses right to left is much tighter. Just want to say thanks to everyone for their help and encouragement!

- Shane

• Administrator

Worked on correcting posture. Maybe a small improvement, but it doesn't look much better.

It looks better. You could round down a tiny bit more so your arms can hang more. You'll have a bit more of an angle between your arms and the shaft too.

But if you stick with this, it's still an improvement, and it's similar to Kevin here:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It looks better. You could round down a tiny bit more so your arms can hang more. You'll have a bit more of an angle between your arms and the shaft too.

But if you stick with this, it's still an improvement, and it's similar to Kevin here:

Interesting thing, my back wasn't sore afterwards. It could be that I went to the gym after and worked out followed by 5 minutes on the hydro massage bed. Will have to keep tabs on this. It's all too easy to revert back with things like this, what I am calling, The Slouching Tiger. Quick question, when you refer to the arms hanging more, do you mean more vertical (closer to me)?

- Shane

• Administrator

Interesting thing, my back wasn't sore afterwards. It could be that I went to the gym after and worked out followed by 5 minutes on the hydro massage bed. Will have to keep tabs on this. It's all too easy to revert back with things like this, what I am calling, The Slouching Tiger. Quick question, when you refer to the arms hanging more, do you mean more vertical (closer to me)?

Yes. Note the angle between the arms and the club shaft on Stadler. Yours is closer to 180° than his.

But that's a small thing. It could change the rates at which you hinge the club during the backswing and some other stuff, but it's not a huge deal.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes. Note the angle between the arms and the club shaft on Stadler. Yours is closer to 180° than his.

But that's a small thing. It could change the rates at which you hinge the club during the backswing and some other stuff, but it's not a huge deal.

Thanks. I'll keep working on it.

- Shane

Quick video demonstrating what I'm seeing, looks to me like you shrug your shoulders which isn't allowing the arms to hang.

Mike McLoughlin

Quick video demonstrating what I'm seeing, looks to me like you shrug your shoulders which isn't allowing the arms to hang.

Thanks Mike. I was working on that this evening in the mancave after some drumming practice.It felt a lot different. I still haven't made it to Ikea to build my mirror wall yet, but hopefully I'll get some video or pics over the weekend to see if it's working.

- Shane

[QUOTE name="mvmac" url="/t/74154/my-swing-carlspackler/108#post_1005023"]   Quick video demonstrating what I'm seeing, looks to me like you shrug your shoulders which isn't allowing the arms to hang. [/QUOTE] Thanks Mike. I was working on that this evening in the mancave after some drumming practice.It felt a lot different. I still haven't made it to Ikea to build my mirror wall yet, but hopefully I'll get some video or pics over the weekend to see if it's working.

@Carl Spackler , how about some video of you drumming?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

@Carl Spackler, how about some video of you drumming?

I would have my wife take a vid tonight, but she's not going. I'll have her get some then next time. Here is a pic though.

- Shane

Note: This thread is 2638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!