IGNORED

My Swing (CarlSpackler)

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 2599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No. Please don't do that.

You live near @saevel25 too, so you could always carpool with him to Erie sometime.  We might need a fourth for a round on May 24/25th too.

No problem carpooling, just let me know.

I am always up for a trip to Erie, PA!!!! I like to space them out, maybe sometime in the fall so I have stuff to work on over winter :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No. Please don't do that. You live near @saevel25 too, so you could always carpool with him to Erie sometime. :-)  We might need a fourth for a round on May 24/25th too.

Got it on the drill. Dying to fix the flip. Thinking I'm trying to work the club down the line instead through and around. I can manage to not to in slow mo, but having a ball changes the equation. A trip to Erie sounds awesome. Not sure about the 24th/25th. I'm running shotlink at The Memorial the following weekend. Can you send me info?

- Shane

Got it on the drill. Dying to fix the flip. Thinking I'm trying to work the club down the line instead through and around. I can manage to not to in slow mo, but having a ball changes the equation.

A trip to Erie sounds awesome. Not sure about the 24th/25th. I'm running shotlink at The Memorial the following weekend. Can you send me info?

Which holes at the Memorial? I'll probably be there that Thursday after playing golf on east side of columbus.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Which holes at the Memorial? I'll probably be there that Thursday after playing golf on east side of columbus.

I'm not sure yet. Hoping for a fairway spot. I know I'm working Thursday.

- Shane

Went to have my clubs adjusted this morning and discovered they were 2 deg upright from spec when I need 1 to 1.5 deg flat. Kicking myself. I know better.

- Shane

I'm an alternate for Thursday, so I don't know if I'll be working or not. I know that I'll be on the #6 fairway Saturday. They ended up giving me credentials and A Lot parking pass for the week though. =)

- Shane

I have a new theory. I'm not actually flipping, it's just my iPhone camera making it look that way. Sooooo I bought my wife an expensive camera last night and told her she has to video me swinging the club.

Well... a man can dream, right?

- Shane

I have a new theory. I'm not actually flipping, it's just my iPhone camera making it look that way. Sooooo I bought my wife an expensive camera last night and told her she has to video me swinging the club. Well... a man can dream, right?

Please let us know what you find out!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I have a new theory. I'm not actually flipping, it's just my iPhone camera making it look that way. Sooooo I bought my wife an expensive camera last night and told her she has to video me swinging the club.

Well... a man can dream, right?

Here's what inline impact looks like, what it would look like if you weren't flipping.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Here's what inline impact looks like, what it would look like if you weren't flipping. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/97509/] [/URL]

I know. My wrists don't want to cooperate though. I do fine with a slow mo swing, but when I go full speed... Fliparuni. I swear it feels like my left wrist is out front, but clearly it isn't.

- Shane

I spent the evening working in slow mo. I was paying attention to what the wrists were doing and progressively went a little faster. It felt a lot different coming through the impact zone and follow through. I am eager to get to the range and tape it to see what is different.

- Shane

I spent the evening working in slow mo. I was paying attention to what the wrists were doing and progressively went a little faster. It felt a lot different coming through the impact zone and follow through. I am eager to get to the range and tape it to see what is different.

The "flip" is more likely due to something that is happening before impact rather than your ability to put the wrists in a certain position. The wrists are just reacting to your pivot/sequencing.

Mike McLoughlin

The "flip" is more likely due to something that is happening before impact rather than your ability to put the wrists in a certain position. The wrists are just reacting to your pivot/sequencing.

I wasn't intentionally rolling my wrists, just noticing the position of them in slow motion when I do get into a good impact position. I would go a little faster making sure that I had a flat left wrist or even bowed. I would gradually speed up swing by swing until I almost got to full speed. It was a different feeling swing. I don't want to get too excited until I see it on video. I'll share it when I do. Hopefully I have time to head to the course for a bit before band practice tonight.

- Shane

I wasn't intentionally rolling my wrists, just noticing the position of them in slow motion when I do get into a good impact position. I would go a little faster making sure that I had a flat left wrist or even bowed. I would gradually speed up swing by swing until I almost got to full speed. It was a different feeling swing. I don't want to get too excited until I see it on video. I'll share it when I do. Hopefully I have time to head to the course for a bit before band practice tonight.

Yeah wasn't talking about rolling the wrist, was talking more about why you might struggle with getting the wrist flat at impact.

Mike McLoughlin

Haven't been out for several days. I hate this time of year with all the end of school stuff going on. I am working on slow motion swings at the house though.

- Shane

Still haven't been out. Weather is awful. Did buy the 5SK kindle book today and read it. Good stuff.

Just a quick note, the book isn't the same as the DVD, wasn't written by Dave or Erik.

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 2599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!