IGNORED

TST SoCal 2014 Summer Outing - Saturday, August 9th @ Encinitas Ranch

Note: This thread is 3516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Maybe this will make it easier on Tristan ...

1. @mvmac -  2.8
2. @tristanhilton85 -  9.2
3. @Shindig -  17.0
4. @hacker101
5. hacker guest
6. @Lihu -  15
7. Lihu guest           -  10
8. @Big C -  8.8
9. @Pakoh -  6.3
10. Pakoh guest     -  9
11. @Golfingdad -  6.0
12. @Bechambo -   0.7

Jason's (Pakohs buddy) handicap is estimated (by me) using the only 3 scores I know of his.  But at least I did use the actual formula so it's probably fairly reasonably accurate.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe this will make it easier on Tristan ...

1. @mvmac             -  2.8

2. @tristanhilton85  -  9.2

3. @Shindig            -  17.0

4. @hacker101

5. hacker guest

6. @Lihu                 -  15

7. Lihu guest           -  10

8. @Big C               -  8.8

9. @Pakoh             -  6.3

10. Pakoh guest     -  9

11. @Golfingdad    -  6.0

12. @Bechambo    -   0.7

Jason's (Pakohs buddy) handicap is estimated (by me) using the only 3 scores I know of his.  But at least I did use the actual formula so it's probably fairly reasonably accurate.

Thanks @Golfingdad , that does help me out.

Now the only indexes I need are @hacker101 and his guest's.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Sorry guys for the late response.

I guess at this point put both Justin and myself at 18. Hard to tell both of us have new clubs and I don't want to sand bag our team or the group.

Thanks

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Nice!!!! What kind??

I just picked up G30's last night that i had ordered, had a chance to try them a few weeks ago and just could not pass them up. Not a big Ping fan never have been but they just seem to fit me.

Justin after 3 trips to RD and had his pick of what ever irons he wanted decided on Cobra Bio Cells. So we had him fit they put him in stiff shaft, so he really likes them but getting used to that shaft. He seems to be hitting these crazy far when he gets behind it.

Any one that says shafts don't make a difference can't be right, his shots are so much better, he is able to square the head much better. But they are forcing him to really learn his shots and not swing 100% all the time.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

I just picked up G30's last night that i had ordered, had a chance to try them a few weeks ago and just could not pass them up. Not a big Ping fan never have been but they just seem to fit me. Justin after 3 trips to RD and had his pick of what ever irons he wanted decided on Cobra Bio Cells. So we had him fit they put him in stiff shaft, so he really likes them but getting used to that shaft. He seems to be hitting these crazy far when he gets behind it. Any one that says shafts don't make a difference can't be right, his shots are so much better, he is able to square the head much better. But they are forcing him to really learn his shots and not swing 100% all the time.

Lol, sounds exactly like me! I was never keen on ping until I was basically "forced" into them at my fitting. Now I'm a huge fan. I think you'll find the same thing will happen to you! Good luck! See you guys Saturday.

Ok, so I have handicaps for everybody.

I think I'm going to say that we put a cap on this now since we have three full groups. I'll let the course know that we have 12 players.

I'll do the groups here shortly.

Also, from the back tees (Blues) the course plays just over 6500 yards. The next set up (Greens) plays 6200 yards. I'm thinking that the Blues should be fine for everybody, but let me know. I don't know if possibly the Lihu/Hacker101 group would rather the Greens.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Ok, so I have handicaps for everybody. I think I'm going to say that we put a cap on this now since we have three full groups. I'll let the course know that we have 12 players. I'll do the groups here shortly. Also, from the back tees (Blues) the course plays just over 6500 yards. The next set up (Greens) plays 6200 yards. I'm thinking that the Blues should be fine for everybody, but let me know. I don't know if possibly the Lihu/Hacker101 group would rather the Greens.

Kaili and I would rather play Blues, or adjust our HI. Take off 2 for me on the greens, and 1 for Kaili. Blues, keep it the same. Vacationing Canada, so I have limited access in the unpopulated areas.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Kaili and I would rather play Blues, or adjust our HI. Take off 2 for me on the greens, and 1 for Kaili.

Blues, keep it the same. Vacationing Canada, so I have limited access in the unpopulated areas.

Blues are fine, if my game is on it is on, if not it will be a long day. :cry:

Also Justin has a party he is going to that night "some girl invited him" I am sure we will finish in time but just in case we run out at the end you all will know.

After all girls do trump golf at his age. :doh:

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Lol, sounds exactly like me! I was never keen on ping until I was basically "forced" into them at my fitting. Now I'm a huge fan. I think you'll find the same thing will happen to you! Good luck! See you guys Saturday.

Yep second set cant seem to get away from them, they play so damn good.

Have a great week see you Sat.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Blues are fine, if my game is on it is on, if not it will be a long day.:cry: Also Justin has a party he is going to that night "some girl invited him" I am sure we will finish in time but just in case we run out at the end you all will know. After all girls do trump golf at his age. :doh:

We'll make sure you guys are the first group out just in case.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Kaili and I would rather play Blues, or adjust our HI. Take off 2 for me on the greens, and 1 for Kaili.

Blues, keep it the same. Vacationing Canada, so I have limited access in the unpopulated areas.

Your index is your index; it doesn't matter what tees you play from. Each set of tees has a different rating/slope so you'd get a different amount of strokes based on that.

Do either of you actually post scores for a handicap or do you just estimate what it is? Just curious.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Your index is your index; it doesn't matter what tees you play from. Each set of tees has a different rating/slope so you'd get a different amount of strokes based on that. Do either of you actually post scores for a handicap or do you just estimate what it is? Just curious.

I'm using a spreadsheet, next month I'm joining a club for an official GHIN. My HI is 14.9 anti HI is 18.7. Kaili is 10. If we're playing stableford points again we should take off strokes given to us on the easier tees.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
I'm using a spreadsheet, next month I'm joining a club for an official GHIN.

My HI is 14.9 anti HI is 18.7. Kaili is 10.

If we're playing stableford points again we should take off strokes given to us on the easier tees.

@Lihu , your handicap INDEX does not change based on the tees.

The course rating and slope change.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@Lihu , your handicap INDEX does not change based on the tees. The course rating and slope change.

Sure, I'm just confusing this with the number of strokes I should be given in a stableford round. So, I guess whatever scoring method we use will take that into account on the different tees? Tough texting on a ferry from Nanaimo to Vancouver. Lots of wind on the upper deck.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator

Sure, I'm just confusing this with the number of strokes I should be given in a stableford round.

So, I guess whatever scoring method we use will take that into account on the different tees?

Yes.

Your index is the same regardless of the course you play, the tees you play, the day of the week, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@Lihu , yes the slope rating associated with each set of tees automatically accounts for that.

At Encinitas Ranch, the Blues have a 129 slope, while the whites are 119.

So from the Blue tees, your 14.9 would translate to 17 strokes. (129/113) x 14.9

From the white tees, you would receive 16 strokes (119/113) x 14.9, which actually equals 15.69, but rounds up to 16.

Hope this helps.

Note: This thread is 3516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!