IGNORED

2014 Players Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3634 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Great back nine Martin Kaymer - albeit 1 - 9 - that 29 was really special :beer:

:titleist:  913D2 10.5*  913F 15* 18*  913H  21*  24*  27*    :tmade: Burner Superfast 7i  8i  9i   :vokey: Vokey SM4  48*  52*  56*  60*    :cameron:  Newport 2 Notchback (Black)      :srixon:  Z Star XV (Yellow)    :ecco:  Biom Hybrid

Kuchar just hit a bad shot into the green and said, "Jimmie Crickets.". They really need to something about the potty mouths on tour.

His other go-to verbum - where the rest of us would just say f*ck - is 'oh golly'. Simple, but beautiful creature, that Matt :-P

:titleist:  913D2 10.5*  913F 15* 18*  913H  21*  24*  27*    :tmade: Burner Superfast 7i  8i  9i   :vokey: Vokey SM4  48*  52*  56*  60*    :cameron:  Newport 2 Notchback (Black)      :srixon:  Z Star XV (Yellow)    :ecco:  Biom Hybrid

His other go-to verbum - where the rest of us would just say f*ck - is 'oh golly'. Simple, but beautiful creature, that Matt

It was funny. The announcer said, "Well put another dollar in the Matt Kuchar swear jar."

• Upvote 1

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Driver off the deck. I realize it's a shot they practice quite a bit, but it's still fun to watch.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Driver off the deck. I realize it's a shot they practice quite a bit, but it's still fun to watch.

How did it come out? One of my employees came in with a question just as he was hitting it.

- Shane

How did it come out? One of my employees came in with a question just as he was hitting it.

Greenside bunker. Just made a decent splash out.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I just thought of the corniest golf joke ever -

Q: Will any Korean golfers make the cut?

A: I'm not sure, but Soon-You'll-Know!

Thank you, thank you...

Johnny Miller should change his name to Captain Obvious.

Maybe there's something about sports announcers named John M. who were born in California.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Maybe there's something about sports announcers named John M. who were born in California.

Easy now....no badmouthing Madden...

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

baahahahah Reed.

Surprise Kaymer still hanging in there.

Furyk's got this!

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

baahahahah Reed.

Surprise Kaymer still hanging in there.

Furyk's got this!

Not so sure. Jordan may have something to say about Jim winning... ;-)

Just watching The Players tape from today. Most golf announcers, and people in general these days, are guilty of this annoying failure to properly use adverbs. Symptomatic of a lower intellectual standard, I suppose, and very grating to the ear, especially in the magnitude delivered here by Peter Jacobson. The world really is going to :poo: .  /rant

Note: This thread is 3634 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!