jakepalm

Most Embarrassing Moments on the Course?

168 posts / 16459 viewsLast Reply

8 hours ago, JCrane said:

yea, but did those same people watching you fall, also see you on the par 5 ? 

LOL - Only my playing partner...…….

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

8 hours ago, IowaGreg said:

LOL - Only my playing partner...…….

Dam too bad  

50 years of playing golf so I generally do not get to embarrassed over this game any longer………..

Yet

Back in May I go out to play 9 holes of customer golf.  I payed for the round as I really wanted to but hey he was my customer so it is expected. Well it is a slow moving day and a nice sunny day.  We are laughing and enjoying the relaxing round of golf.  

We get to the 6th hole and it is a 200 yard Par 3, elevated tee box so I tell him to hit your normal 200 yard club that the elevation really has no affect on this hole for some unknown reason.  He tees off and doesn't hit the best of shots so I am up.  For some reason he takes off walking to the right at an angle into the junk, almost lateral from the tee box.  I have no idea how what happens next happens.  I grab my 7 wood and start my back swing and everything goes completely off, I can feel the universe is way wrong.  I start my downswing and I catch a glimpse of the guy walking and I hit the ball almost laterally directly at him.  He somehow dodges the white scud missile and it screams past him.  

He looks at me and says "What the hell was that!"

I answer "Fore!"

He "you almost hit me"

Me "I hate this 7 wood, the shaft is all wrong, why do I even try to use it"

I was pretty embarrassed and to this date I have not used that 7 Wood, I think I actually gave it away to my wife.

3 hours ago, djake said:

50 years of playing golf so I generally do not get to embarrassed over this game any longer………..

Yet

Back in May I go out to play 9 holes of customer golf.  I payed for the round as I really wanted to but hey he was my customer so it is expected. Well it is a slow moving day and a nice sunny day.  We are laughing and enjoying the relaxing round of golf.  

We get to the 6th hole and it is a 200 yard Par 3, elevated tee box so I tell him to hit your normal 200 yard club that the elevation really has no affect on this hole for some unknown reason.  He tees off and doesn't hit the best of shots so I am up.  For some reason he takes off walking to the right at an angle into the junk, almost lateral from the tee box.  I have no idea how what happens next happens.  I grab my 7 wood and start my back swing and everything goes completely off, I can feel the universe is way wrong.  I start my downswing and I catch a glimpse of the guy walking and I hit the ball almost laterally directly at him.  He somehow dodges the white scud missile and it screams past him.  

He looks at me and says "What the hell was that!"

I answer "Fore!"

He "you almost hit me"

Me "I hate this 7 wood, the shaft is all wrong, why do I even try to use it"

I was pretty embarrassed and to this date I have not used that 7 Wood, I think I actually gave it away to my wife.

So  who did your wife hit ? 

1 minute ago, JCrane said:

So  who did your wife hit ? 

Ummmm so far no one.  But since you mention it my son almost hit my daughter while using that same club.  And it was even more of a diagonal shot on the driving range.

It has to be the shaft 😁

7 hours ago, djake said:

Ummmm so far no one.  But since you mention it my son almost hit my daughter while using that same club.  And it was even more of a diagonal shot on the driving range.

It has to be the shaft 😁

I think you need to have someone perform an exorcism on that club. It is possessed