IGNORED

2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3269 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wouldn't even be the biggest swing in consecutive rounds we've ever seen in a major by a 18x-hole leader. On an unrelated note, the guy on Morning Drive just said that Gary Woodland believes he can be a top-5 player. Not sure if Woodland actually said that or not, but here we go if so.

Big difference in saying, "I believe I can be a top 5 player" and "I believe I'm top 5 in the world right now." I don't remember Reed's comments verbatim, but they were much closer to the latter. If Reed had said something closer to the former, there would not have been a shit storm. Reed also compounds the whole thing by strutting around in his Tiger Woods Underoos on Sunday, which rubs a lot of people the wrong way. I'm not sure if he still does this, don't recall too many televised Reed Sunday appearances of late. ;-) Much ado about nuthin' in any case.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oh man. Ernie just hit three consecutive shots from the same bunker. He didn't leave it in the bunker; he hit the green and it came back. (I forget: can he ground his club in the bunker while the ball is out, albeit still in motion?) Like Phil did at Torrey Pines on Saturday, except Phil wasn't in a bunker. He pitched, it came back. He pitched, it came back. He pitched.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I really hope Kevin doesn't experience the same thing he did at the players a couple of years ago, painful to watch and felt bad for the guy

Riley

I really hope Kevin doesn't experience the same thing he did at the players a couple of years ago, painful to watch and felt bad for the guy

Agreed. I know we all bash him and it is annoying to watch when it happens, but I do really like the guy. Na just seems like a great down to earth genuine guy. When is isnt yipping and overthinking, he actually is fine to watch. He has a pretty good game overall; i'm surprise he hasnt won more.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Omg Taniguchi on that par 5. lol

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

With the exception of putting, chipping, ball striking, and driving accuracy, yeah Gary's Top Five

I would hesitate to proclaim Woodland as one of the top-five bombers on tour. His game is nothing but unrefined athleticism; we've been waiting for him to become a more skilled player for several years now, but it hasn't clicked for him yet.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Oh good. Phil only took two shots to keep his ball on the green out of that bunker.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Keegan Bradley

"Even par can go a long way today, couple under could go a really long way."

"One or two under today is like shooting 63-64 in a regular event."

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

You know it's tough out there, got a guy that's hoping to break 90 on the 18th has to get up and down from sand to do it.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Toru Taniguchi has posted the Holy Grail of golf. +18 88

So he's the latest piano.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Get ready for carnage today boys. The USGA has said enough is enough and pinehurst is ready to make these guys suffer. No rain last night...no watering and a dry (not humid) breeze is kicking.

I noticed a large number of players flirting with double digit over par rounds already.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

WE UNDERSTAND JORDAN SPIETH IS TWENTY YEARS OLD. WE DON'T NEED TO HEAR ABOUT IT EVERY 4 MINUTES. My apologies for the caps.

Riley

Note: This thread is 3269 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!