IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

Who here boils ribs before grilling them low and slow?

Sacrilege!!!! :scared:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nope. My BBQ ribs are smoked and never in direct heat. I also make Chinese style ribs that are slow roasted in the oven to render out some fat before liberally applying a glaze. Neither is ever boiled first.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

NEVER!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Seriously, if you want more juicer rib then you can always brine or marinade the ribs.

The only time I ever go with a moisture cooking method is if I braise ribs or use the slow cooker. Otherwise it is just indirect heat, low and slow.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

[QUOTE name="trickyputt" url="/t/74957/food-thread/150_30#post_1068149"] Who here boils ribs before grilling them low and slow?[/QUOTE] Nope. My BBQ ribs are smoked and never in direct heat. I also make Chinese style ribs that are slow roasted in the oven to render out some fat before liberally applying a glaze. Neither is ever boiled first.

You make this [IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Y9lVgvm4WX4/SmjPuoidJSI/AAAAAAAAAxE/PlaAAm8zHfQ/s400/SDC11503.JPG[/IMG] yourself? So jealous. I love red roast pork. I'm gonna look up how to DIY.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

You make this

yourself? I love red roast pork.

For special occasions, yea. I cheat by using bottled sauce ;-)

It's different than what you can buy from a restaurant or a store, but I like the doneness on mine much better, as the store-bought stuff can often be dry and overcooked. If i just want some to go with a meal, it's store-bought all the way.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

[QUOTE name="nevets88" url="/t/74957/food-thread/150_30#post_1068164"] You make this [IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Y9lVgvm4WX4/SmjPuoidJSI/AAAAAAAAAxE/PlaAAm8zHfQ/s400/SDC11503.JPG[/IMG] yourself? I love red roast pork.[/QUOTE] For special occasions, yea. I cheat by using bottled sauce ;-) It's different than what you can buy from a restaurant or a store, but I like the doneness on mine much better, as the store-bought stuff can often be dry and overcooked. If i just want some to go with a meal, it's store-bought all the way.

What's the name of this bottled sauce? You can write the Chinese name if it's easier, I should be able to read it.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

What's the name of this bottled sauce? You can write the Chinese name if it's easier, I should be able to read it.

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/LPGyZNTrSl8EX54uFzqH3fjuiLP2djLoo3wde-6V1N7FnbMc9QH8ai_d1FE1Fnas0pO8Cn8VNG_qvPkj7IVoL-h_08lYuju6QZqRuLtfrDGnI4y2QA=w200-h200-nc[/IMG]

• Upvote 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

[quote name="nevets88" url="/t/74957/food-thread/150#post_1068173"] What's the name of this bottled sauce? You can write the Chinese name if it's easier, I should be able to read it.

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/LPGyZNTrSl8EX54uFzqH3fjuiLP2djLoo3wde-6V1N7FnbMc9QH8ai_d1FE1Fnas0pO8Cn8VNG_qvPkj7IVoL-h_08lYuju6QZqRuLtfrDGnI4y2QA=w200-h200-nc[/IMG][/quote] Oy, I pass by this all the time. Never thought of using it. This is why I don't star in a cooking show. :-) Ok, I'm gonna do some Googling so I don't look stoopid any further.

Steve

Oy, I pass by this all the time. Never thought of using it. This is why I don't star in a cooking show. :-) Ok, I'm gonna do some Googling so I don't look stoopid any further.

I wouldn't be too bothered about that. There are lots of things in the Asian grocery sauce aisle that I've never used before. Sometimes you just try something and it works out well. Flavor is good, but I don't get that deep red color like the real stuff. Probably just a technique/equipment issue.

• Upvote 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

Has anybody cooked a fatty? Its the smoked bacon weave that you stuff full of sausage, beef or other veggie goodies.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Has anybody cooked a fatty? Its the smoked bacon weave that you stuff full of sausage, beef or other veggie goodies.

@Ernest Jones cooks something like this wrapped in bacon. He's posted it before, maybe in this thread. Not sure if he smokes his fatty or roasts it.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

@Ernest Jones cooks something like this wrapped in bacon. He's posted it before, maybe in this thread. Not sure if he smokes his fatty or roasts it.

You always have to smoke the fatty :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

They look like this.

Pork-tastic! :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

They look like this.

After just consuming a 12" Subway meatball sandwich, I suddenly feel hungry again. :w00t:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

That is not mine, unfortunately. That one is chicken cordon bleu. I usually like pork loin roasted, but a stuffed pork loin fatty on the smoker may have possibilities.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

That is not mine, unfortunately. That one is chicken cordon bleu. I usually like pork loin roasted, but a stuffed pork loin fatty on the smoker may have possibilities.

I am thinking more individual servings. Like wrapping a pork chop or something of that sort. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag