IGNORED

I SOLD ALL MY IRONS!!! What do I do for the month I don't have clubs????!!!

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3534 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Still getting a learning curve to try to keep from over swinging the new irons. I am getting quite a bit of increase in distance so far with well hit shots. My 8 iron is getting about 165 carry which was unexpected. The feel is amazing. I will hopefully post a review this week sometime.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still getting a learning curve to try to keep from over swinging the new irons. I am getting quite a bit of increase in distance so far with well hit shots. My 8 iron is getting about 165 carry which was unexpected. The feel is amazing. I will hopefully post a review this week sometime.

So which ones did you end up getting? I'm assuming it is the AP2's, but I could be wrong.

So which ones did you end up getting? I'm assuming it is the AP2's, but I could be wrong.

Yes, I got the AP2s. I thought it was mentioned somewhere in the thread but I don't know where.

Yes, I got the AP2s. I thought it was mentioned somewhere in the thread but I don't know where.

@Valleygolfer ,

If you could write a review, that would be helpful to other members.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

@Valleygolfer ,

If you could write a review, that would be helpful to other members.

I stated about three posts ago I was planning on doing it this week. ;) I wanted to work with them a little more before I wrote it up.

Whoa, 165 with an 8 iron?  What distance were you getting with your old 8 iron?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Whoa, 165 with an 8 iron?  What distance were you getting with your old 8 iron?

My pings would get 157 and mizunos would be around 150-155. Mizunos were quite a bit weaker loft but the pings and the ap2s are the same setup loft wise.

My pings would get 157 and mizunos would be around 150-155. Mizunos were quite a bit weaker loft but the pings and the ap2s are the same setup loft wise.

If and when I get a consistent swing, I'm really thinking of getting the AP1's. Why did you go with the AP2's?

Christian

If and when I get a consistent swing, I'm really thinking of getting the AP1's.

Why did you go with the AP2's?

I had been playing the MP33's and liked them quite a bit but had some mishits of the toe occasionally that cost me yardage. I reviews on the AP2's and and like that they were a little more forgiving with toe hits. I tried them out quite a few times and loved the feel and the way they looked at address. I also decided that I wanted to go with new R&D; and decided that I did not want to change irons again for several years.

I had been playing the MP33's and liked them quite a bit but had some mishits of the toe occasionally that cost me yardage. I reviews on the AP2's and and like that they were a little more forgiving with toe hits. I tried them out quite a few times and loved the feel and the way they looked at address. I also decided that I wanted to go with new R&D; and decided that I did not want to change irons again for several years.

Check the lie if you've got too many toe hits... it was my issue -- lie flattened 3 degrees, and hits are now center... a miracle of fitting.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Check the lie if you've got too many toe hits... it was my issue -- lie flattened 3 degrees, and hits are now center... a miracle of fitting.

Ha you must be short like me. Mine are at 2° now but if I have a problem I will consider that option, thanks

Ahhh. The AP2's are a bit out of my price range so once I develop a consistent swing, I'll splurge for the AP1's.

Christian

Ha you must be short like me. Mine are at 2° now but if I have a problem I will consider that option, thanks

BTW, do either of you (or anyone) know if once you get the irons if you can make lie adjustments if you have to or is it a done deal once you buy the irons?

Christian

6 ft, but arms could be longer... I think the irons were slightly upright to begin and then 1 up... with swing changes over 3 years, we needed some flattening.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

6 ft, but arms could be longer... I think the irons were slightly upright to begin and then 1 up... with swing changes over 3 years, we needed some flattening.

I see you talk with the "we" pronoun with your clubs? ;-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I see you talk with the "we" pronoun with your clubs?

We're very close...

BTW, do either of you (or anyone) know if once you get the irons if you can make lie adjustments if you have to or is it a done deal once you buy the irons?

Generally you can make adjustments anytime. How much are you looking at Ap1s at?

Note: This thread is 3534 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!