IGNORED

Concealed Carry on The Course

EZPZ
Note: This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here we go again. The OP said the guy went back to his bag and got a club, that is way more than just his two fists. second, it says NOWHERE the guy was drunk. You add " That was what the OP was about "  several posters have embellished what the OP said happened to make their point sound better. If you have to make up stuff to help prove your point, chances are your point is WRONG. If you don't agree, then don't. But put up the truth or shadup !

Yes it does.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I said that too.  I think that's what majority of golfers would do in similar situation instead of carrying a gun to a golf course.  As I said before, I think the OP is overreacting to one incident.  The incident he quoted no way justify bringing in a gun.   How many times have I seen irate golfers?  Too many.  How many of them came after me (and I after others)?  A few times too many.   But all of them were resolved without getting physical, i.e, no punches thrown.

A bit off tangent - Perhaps, I am old school on this.   If someone is coming after me with nothing but his two fists, I'd rather take him out with my two fists (or walk/run away from the situation).  I am not going to pull out a gun to defend myself against a drunk who can't walk straight, let alone swing accurate punches at me.

PS - this thread is/should not be about pro or anti gun, IMO.  This thread should be about common sense.  Should I bring a gun to golf course b/c I was almost attacked by an irate drunk golfer once?   That was what the OP was about.   And I say ... what the heck for?   Man up and kick his sorry ass if he gets out of line, or walk away from the situation if you are ok with it.

Once again what the OP ( who has left this discussion by the way ) said has been turned around. If you read the original post it says the guy went back to his bag and grabbed a club, this is way more than his two fists. And it says nowhere the golfer was drunk. But SEVERAL have tuned his words around to make their point sound better.

Quote:Originally Posted by rkim291968 View Post

I said that too.  I think that's what majority of golfers would do in similar situation instead of carrying a gun to a golf course.  As I said before, I think the OP is overreacting to one incident.  The incident he quoted no way justify bringing in a gun.   How many times have I seen irate golfers?  Too many.  How many of them came after me (and I after others)?  A few times too many.   But all of them were resolved without getting physical, i.e, no punches thrown.

A bit off tangent - Perhaps, I am old school on this.   If someone is coming after me with nothing but his two fists, I'd rather take him out with my two fists (or walk/run away from the situation).  I am not going to pull out a gun to defend myself against a drunk who can't walk straight, let alone swing accurate punches at me.

PS - this thread is/should not be about pro or anti gun, IMO.  This thread should be about common sense.  Should I bring a gun to golf course b/c I was almost attacked by an irate drunk golfer once?   That was what the OP was about.   And I say ... what the heck for?   Man up and kick his sorry ass if he gets out of line, or walk away from the situation if you are ok with it.

Yes it does.

No it doesn't. it says ONE of the guys was intoxicated, doesn't say that was the one that came at him with the club.

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

No it doesn't. it says ONE of the guys was intoxicated, doesn't say that was the one that came at him with the club.

Make up your mind. But I don't agree fighting is the answer either. You get the eff out of there and tell the pro shop to call the cops if you can.

Once again what the OP ( who has left this discussion by the way ) said has been turned around. If you read the original post it says the guy went back to his bag and grabbed a club, this is way more than his two fists. And it says nowhere the golfer was drunk. But SEVERAL have tuned his words around to make their point sound better.

Can you explain to me what "points" you are referring to, and exactly how the guy being drunk makes said points sound better?

P.S.  Work on that formatting a bit.  It's not hard.

That would imply that the drunken guy had more sense than the sober one, which I don't think was the case???

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

That would imply that the drunken guy had more sense than the sober one, which I don't think was the case???

The drunk guy stopped his sober partner from starting a fight. Sheesh this is so easy to see, how did we miss it? :roll:

See what I mean @jusanothajoe ??

Don't go flying off the handle and telling Dave that you didn't say that.  It's not his fault because you can't format your posts correctly.

Don't even know what this means ? You libs are what we southern boys call a bunch a gewbers

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

I know several the drunkin guy does have more sense than. And I meant that in a nice way

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

Funny that when people are reasonable someone calls them a liberal. Can't speak for anyone else, well except for Fourputt, pretty sure I know where he is coming from, but I am anything but liberal.

Don't even know what this means ? You libs are what we southern boys call a bunch a gewbers

It means that you formatted your post wrong, by having text from the post you quoted OUTSIDE of the quote box, such that @Dave2512 fairly assumed that you said something that you didn't say.

Not sure how being able to read and remember things makes me a "lib," but whatever.  That's cool.

Wow, noticed you changed the word assumption. wonder why ?

Yeah, I didn't want to make it sound like an assumption, which it was made on my part based upon your statement.

Funny that when people are reasonable someone calls them a liberal. Can't speak for anyone else, well except for Fourputt, pretty sure I know where he is coming from, but I am anything but liberal.

We are on a golfing blog.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

When someone thinks only their point is reasonable. Yes they are usually drunk or a liberal

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

It means that you formatted your post wrong, by having text from the post you quoted OUTSIDE of the quote box, such that @Dave2512 fairly assumed that you said something that you didn't say.

Not sure how being able to read and remember things makes me a "lib," but whatever.  That's cool.

Yes, it's cool. hell I'll still go play a round of golf with all the posters in this thread. Formatting not my strong suit for sure but I try. Everyone entitled to their opinion. And I don't get mad at some one that has a different one than mine. Some of my statements were serious some were in fun. Had enough of this thread though ( obvious I won )

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcanadiens

I've got a deadly weapon in my golf bag. It's my putter. I kill myself with it every round.

Now that's funny right there

I LOL'd on that one, too.   Like to add that it's more than a putter that kills me.  As an example, I mentioned scoring 10 on a 500+ yard par 5 hole which I played 100 times before.  If I had a gun in my bag, I'd probably shut myself 20 times already.   Instead, I swallow my pride and live to play another round.   Self torture goes on.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!