IGNORED

Summer gets a Polar Vortex

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bravo. Anything else is the policy of fools, anthropomorphic climate change or not.

There is no such policy. US emission levels are currently at 1991 levels and continuing to decline. All is well in the US on this front. It's used as a red herring to stir up the base but it's very low on most Americans' priority list, rightfully so with all of the real problems we currently face.

• Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There is no such policy. US emission levels are currently at 1991 levels and continuing to decline.

All is well in the US on this front. It's used as a red herring to stir up the base but it's very low on most Americans' priority list, rightfully so with all of the real problems we currently face.

I didn't mean the word 'policy' to mean an official Government policy of any sort. The principle that it's OK to chuck crap into the environment because it'll all work out fine in the wash is pretty daft. Period.

I totally understand that this sort of thing is low on most people's priority lists however.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

• Administrator
I pray the dog in your avatar is not smarter than yourself.

Come to think of it,  I will put my money on the dog.

That's what had me type this up:

Enough of the personal attack style posts (from both sides, but particularly "your dog is smarter than you" crap).

And I get that he didn't literally, specifically say that the dog is smarter, but that's clearly the implication, along with several other derogatory implications.

And this is what we got back:

I said "dog NOT smarter than you".  Get it right or don't try to get it at all.  Typical convoluted attack.  Quoting incorrectly.  Another ex-wife tactic.  That is why she is single now.  War of wits with being outgunned ( I am not proud of that last remark, but I am not going to take it back.  I have my emotional failings as well ).  She always did think she was smarter.  Could not help herself.  And I could not get her to seek help.  Common human psychological disorder.

I'm done with it.  Had fun with some of you.  It's all in fun with me.  Try having more fun guys.  Life is too short to get so bent over an extremely debatable subject.

May open mindedness, peace, and love be with you always. ( I am not being snarky, but yes, I can be quite accomplished at it if I choose to be.  I choose not to be at this time ).

Pax vobiscum

None of it was on topic. Virtually all of it continued to speak poorly of others by saying he was being "attacked" and that others had psychological disorders.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

There is no such policy. US emission levels are currently at 1991 levels and continuing to decline.

All is well in the US on this front. It's used as a red herring to stir up the base but it's very low on most Americans' priority list, rightfully so with all of the real problems we currently face.

Ask the Koch brothers about their policy ... let's get rid of any clean energy alternatives, or any energy alternatives, unless it's oil, of course.

They don't want the government to subsidize clean energy so that it may develop. Of course, they don't mention the fact that oil has been subsidized with wonderful tax breaks ... It's all about how much money you have and how loud you can scream your propaganda ... if people hear it enough, a significant portion tend to believe it.

No matter what side, let's get the truth out, and then decide on policy. If we don't know, then place the balance on the side of not damaging the environment.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Ask the Koch brothers about their policy ... let's get rid of any clean energy alternatives, or any energy alternatives, unless it's oil, of course. They don't want the government to subsidize clean energy so that it may develop. Of course, they don't mention the fact that oil has been subsidized with wonderful tax breaks ... It's all about how much money you have and how loud you can scream your propaganda ... if people hear it enough, a significant portion tend to believe it. No matter what side, let's get the truth out, and then decide on policy. If we don't know, then place the balance on the side of not damaging the environment.

I almost can't believe you brought up the Koch brothers, funny. Bottom line, there is no issue in the US. There are many, many more important, potentially life-saving issues to be concerned about here. If the gov't wants to pressure China and India to implement regulation around this, I'm all for it because their emissions dwarf ours. Any further regulations here would be very harmful to business with no return on mitigating the overall impact, if there is one. As I said, it's a classic red herring.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I almost can't believe you brought up the Koch brothers, funny.

Bottom line, there is no issue in the US. There are many, many more important, potentially life-saving issues to be concerned about here.

If the gov't wants to pressure China and India to implement regulation around this, I'm all for it because their emissions dwarf ours.

Any further regulations here would be very harmful to business with no return on mitigating the overall impact, if there is one. As I said, it's a classic red herring.

:banana:

You've heard of Pottersville. You can only imagine Kochville ... :tumble:

And the Kochs would not live there ...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

:banana: You've heard of Pottersville. You can only imagine Kochville ...:tumble: And the Kochs would not live there ...

Funny again. Appreciate ya pal. Back on topic, damn, it's hot in Dallas today!

You've heard of Pottersville. You can only imagine Kochville ...

And the Kochs would not live there ...

From a summer cold snap to climate change and now the Koch brothers (SMH). Quite a thread.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: (Since there's not an emoticon where the little guy is bashing his head with a hammer).

Your hero Al Gore has a bigger carbon footprint in a week than I have in a year.

Since he's all for Cap and Trade he needs to mail me a check every month for the amount his exceeds mine. Since he's making millions off of "climate change" he shouldn't mind.

We are supposed to have our utility bills "necessarily skyrocket" and throw what's left of manufacturing down the drain so the Chinese (who don't even have scrubbers on their coal fired power plants) can scoop it up and put out even more pollution for the same task.

Everyone.  Let's try to be civil to one another.  We can have discussions without having the thread escalate out of control like so many other threads.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

From a summer cold snap to climate change and now the Koch brothers (SMH). Quite a thread.

(Since there's not an emoticon where the little guy is bashing his head with a hammer).

Your hero Al Gore has a bigger carbon footprint in a week than I have in a year.

Since he's all for Cap and Trade he needs to mail me a check every month for the amount his exceeds mine. Since he's making millions off of "climate change" he shouldn't mind.

We are supposed to have our utility bills "necessarily skyrocket" and throw what's left of manufacturing down the drain so the Chinese (who don't even have scrubbers on their coal fired power plants) can scoop it up and put out even more pollution for the same task.

There is little truth in the right or left extreme. And it is in the extremist playbook to personalize the attack and get away from the real issues... which solves nothing. We've seen it since about 1997. Thanks for the personal attack. It says everything about you ...

I think what most of us want is a common sense policy with balance .... not propaganda.

There is little truth in the right or left extreme. And it is in the extremist playbook to personalize the attack and get away from the real issues... which solves nothing. We've seen it since about 1997. Thanks for the personal attack. It says everything about you ...

I think what most of us want is a common sense policy with balance .... not propaganda.

Lets see. You turn it into a left/right issue and bring up the Koch brothers but it's me with propaganda? Says everything about you.

Lets see. You turn it into a left/right issue and bring up the Koch brothers but it's me with propaganda? Says everything about you.

Actually, it is a political issue.

It is you who did the demeaning personal attack -- own it.

The Kochs are about oil and lobbying and defeating clean energy. That concerns our subject, global climate change and what we place into the air and onto the earth. Oil and gas exploration and its products tend to dirty the environment.

We can't operate in a vacuum and close our eyes to powerful people who want to put down clean energy that may help defeat global climate change. And let's face it, it is a political argument. The right wing generally tends to debunk science while the left tends to embrace it. People want to defend their self-interests, i.e. the Koch Brothers, because they do not want competition even if that competition is good for the country.

I think too many of us want to grab onto a piece of propaganda and embrace it. People want simple answers when there are no simple answers.

Why not embrace common sense?

Is it better to spew crap into the environment, to defeat clean energy alternatives, or to seek a balance based on a rational discussion of science and policy ... and reduce our footprint. It's a balance.

Actually, it is a political issue.

It is you who did the demeaning personal attack -- own it.

The Kochs are about oil and lobbying and defeating clean energy. That concerns our subject, global climate change and what we place into the air and onto the earth. Oil and gas exploration and its products tend to dirty the environment.

We can't operate in a vacuum and close our eyes to powerful people who want to put down clean energy that may help defeat global climate change. And let's face it, it is a political argument. The right wing generally tends to debunk science while the left tends to embrace it. People want to defend their self-interests, i.e. the Koch Brothers, because they do not want competition even if that competition is good for the country.

I think too many of us want to grab onto a piece of propaganda and embrace it. People want simple answers when there are no simple answers.

Why not embrace common sense?

Is it better to spew crap into the environment, to defeat clean energy alternatives, or to seek a balance based on a rational discussion of science and policy ... and reduce our footprint. It's a balance.

There was no demeaning personal attack. If there was you would recognize it as such and it wouldn't look like that.

Edit. Unless of course if you consider an attack on Al Gore an attack on you. If that's the case you are correct. I have no use for the guy.

There was no demeaning personal attack. If there was you would recognize it as such and it wouldn't look like that.

Edit. Unless of course if you consider an attack on Al Gore an attack on you. If that's the case you are correct. I have no use for the guy.

Done here... if no discussion relevant to the thread, other than about my "hero" ... Al Gore. :-*

Actually, it is a political issue. It is you who did the demeaning personal attack -- own it. The Kochs are about oil and lobbying and defeating clean energy. That concerns our subject, global climate change and what we place into the air and onto the earth. Oil and gas exploration and its products tend to dirty the environment. We can't operate in a vacuum and close our eyes to powerful people who want to put down clean energy that may help defeat global climate change. And let's face it, it is a political argument. The right wing generally tends to debunk science while the left tends to embrace it. People want to defend their self-interests, i.e. the Koch Brothers, because they do not want competition even if that competition is good for the country. I think too many of us want to grab onto a piece of propaganda and embrace it. People want simple answers when there are no simple answers. Why not embrace common sense? Is it better to spew crap into the environment, to defeat clean energy alternatives, or to seek a balance based on a rational discussion of science and policy ... and reduce our footprint. It's a balance.

So much incorrect here sir but your plea for common sense is welcomed. No one wants to defeat clean energy, we just want to continue using fossils until such time that clean energy becomes viable; it currently is not and pretty far from it. I think that's common sense. Especially when you think of the consequences of limiting our fossil fuel output here, i.e., dependence on foreign oil, loss of jobs and on and on.

• Upvote 1

OK, back on topic folks.  Is it cool where you are today?  It is 93 in Boston.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!