IGNORED

Sun Ju Ahn Builds Stroke in Women's British Open, 2 Stroke Penalty

joekelly
Note: This thread is 3572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have we actually declined in PC muck to the point where cheering on players from your own country is now considered racism?

Worse, if you don't actively cheer against your own country you're considered racist.

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to the site.  I think the broadcasters have and will always call attention to rules violations.  Just ask Michelle Wie and Tiger Woods.  There a many examples just this year of rules violations that were seen on camera.  She should know the rule and avoid have any questions.

2 more people of Asian decent?!

My God, it IS a great, old-white-man conspiracy!

I never knew Craig Stadler and Lee Janzen, were Asian. ;-)

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Have we actually declined in PC muck to the point where cheering on players from your own country is now considered racism?

That fortunately didn't seem to be a consideration during the  Football World Cup. It was sadly too easy not to cheer on my own country as it didn't even qualify and transferring support to my English neighbours didn't last long.

By the way, I thought the USA team was fantastic.  In the end outskilled and outmanoeuvred, but showed huge commitment and never gave up. A pleasure to watch.

Conspiracy?  Why bring up a term like that unless you're just joking around?  That’s something the national media typically does as a tactic to shut down meaningful discussion, to keep facts from coming out, to keep truth hidden (by labeling something as ‘conspiracy theory’ or people as ‘conspiracy nuts’ to poison the well or ad hominem attack.  i.e., http://carm.org/logical-fallacies-or-fallacies-argumentation ).  With National Media, many know their job or mission is more about entertainment, “We only tell the public what we want them to know” (Katherine Graham-Washington Post).  As America crumbles, people discovered if you want to know what really goes on in America/the world, you have to resort to other sources besides the national media.

No one sees any conspiracy by Dottie Pepper.  Some do wonder about her extreme aggressiveness to get a penalty called against the southkorean player SJ Ahn.  And then her fellow broadcasters joined the bandwagon to go along for the ride and support Dottie Pepper.  Watching events live, almost wondered if Pepper was going to have DHS called in to have SJ Ahn handcuffed. Yes it’s true a theme has emanated from LPGA/GChannel this year that ‘Americans are dominating, back on top.’  And if you’re connected into the ‘LPGA Beehive,’ you probably don’t want to see that theme threatened.  Ever since Korean Se Ri Pak became a LPGA superstar, the number of southKoreans on tour grew dramatically, to the chagrin of the ‘old rank n file’ LPGA members.  That ‘chagrin’ never went away with some and spread to others in golf circles.  5-6 years ago the Koreans were getting a lot of the blame for the LPGA’s past mismanagement woes (too many of them, they don’t speak English, can’t do interviews-bad for TV,  ratings down, sponsors dropping…).  But when they tried to impose the ‘english-only’ rule, many throughout the sports world cried ‘foul,’ so they backed off that initiative.  It’s really hard to go from Korean to fluent English.  The Koreans learn English writing/reading in school.  But they don’t always have high confidence with conversational English so they naturally shy away from speaking it for fear of error.  (And one can understand why some of the Koreans might still be a little sensitive after that shot across the bow 5 yrs ago re: that ‘english-only’ rule attempt.)   (and one would be surprised at how many American men are attracted to Asian women nowadays.)    But that doesn’t mean some past negative sentiments towards the southKoreans doesn’t still exist in the ‘beehive.’  Jealousy n envy are the worst of human negative emotions.  They sometimes result in spouses murdering each other as a measure of revenge.   There have been comments elsewhere in other forums where others support SJ Ahn and feel Pepper’s attack on her was overly harsh.

Dottie Pepper herself tweeted out Saturday after the broadcast this.  ( @ pgaofamerica @ usga rules school proves a valuable tool again. Still never pleasant to call a penalty on a competitor. https://twitter.com/DottieandBogey/status/487991806152282112 )  Guilty conscious?  Some said why tweet that out.  Everyone wants to see LPGA be successful.   Those girls are awesome golfers, very talented.  But observers also like fairness and dislike injustice.  If you want to penalize SJ Ahn and ensure she doesn’t win the BOpen by humiliating her, then why let so many other players grind and twist their feet into the sand, building a foundation.

Many can identify with where you’re coming from.  Nothing wrong with rooting for members of your own country of course. And many Americans have grown weary of political correctness run amok as evidenced in this article, and prefer more unity as opposed to diversity. Diversity can have unintended consequences detrimental to the well-being of a nation, yet TPTB promote the diversity agenda regardless.  Article: "I have a plan to destroy America" http://michellemalkin.com/2008/02/09/i-have-a-plan-to-destroy-america-by-richard-d-lamm/ Feb. 2008

The text you referenced was simply to show that certain sentiments likely still exist within LPGA/GChannel etc. re: the Korean players. (e.g., In a typical broadcast, even though 10 of the top 15 on the leaderboard might be Korean players, coverage will continually spotlight the usual American or European players playing well, older European or American players shooting +9, +15. Or maybe focus on a few other Asian players (from Japan, China, Taiwan, but non-korean). To get coverage as a Korean player, seems like you need to be in the top 3. There’s exceptions of course. People have grown to like a lot of the Korean players. Fans say they’re very nice girls, humble etc. And some of them seriously busted their butts to improve their conversational English. And some of them get nice commentary when circumstances present themselves and they get broadcast coverage-their stories can be interesting to the audience.  But even the tee times seemed to be arranged so that certain players are spotlighted each week for broadcasts.  You can look at the tee times for Thursday/Friday and you already know which players will be spotlighted in the broadcast.  You almost wouldn’t even know there’s any Korean players playing sometimes unless you check the leaderboard via internet.) But maybe that’s just nature of golf broadcasting and the sports entertainment business these days. No conspiracy, just a thought out agenda influenced by perceptions held by those in authority.)  And sometimes sentiments buried in the heart can surface.  All buried anger (jealousy/envy included) comes out as energy sooner or later.  And continued anger usually generates into HATE unfortunately. Again, all want to see LPGA be successful.  All the girls out there are great golfers with much talent.

Not sure what to make of this. There are a few lucid points in here amongst the chaos. It was a penalty, consensus reigns. There are some who didn't care for South Korean dominance or perhaps, were disillusioned with American female golf at the time. The LPGA is doing much better now, with Americans once again playing well (3 majors in a row) than it did during the lean years. Aside from those points, I'm not seeing the conspiracy. It's too bad that happened to SJ but it wasn't unfair, bottom line.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Note: This thread is 3572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!