IGNORED

What Happens First: Rory Completes Slam or Tiger Wins 15th Major?

atb5079
Note: This thread is 1833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Happens First?

• Rory wins the Masters to complete the career grand slam
    • Tiger Woods wins his 15th major championship

This poll is closed to new votes

Yeah I agree with the heading it fits perfect..

Moment- noun

1. an indefinitely short period of time; instant:

I don't think moment is the right word -

I'd use glimpse

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After yesterday, anyone looking for a do-over......?

Anyone saying Tiger won't win another major (and subsequently being lambasted here) bases their opinion on Tiger's health. And guess what? Tiger's health sucks. I think it's perfectly reasonable for someone to think Tiger will never again have a period of good, strong health that lasts long enough for him to be in major dominating form. I believed that after the back surgery. His WD yesterday confirms it for me. Tiger can still have a good week, but he'll never again be able to build his practice and competition schedule around peaking at the majors. He's going to have to win them the way others do: by getting lucky and having a good week at the right time.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Yeah I agree with the heading it fits perfect..

Moment- noun

1. an indefinitely short period of time; instant:

Maybe they meant to write MOMENTUS but ran out of room. LOL. Can you look that word up for us? :smartass:

No I'm only good for one!! And I'll buy Dory or whatever his name as being the future or dominant after reigning for a couple years not 2 weeks. Besides if Sergio had a couple more birdies it would have been a match it's not like Cory or whatever ran away with it JMO Hope you guys enjoy the ride(band wagon)

:titleist: 913 D3 9.5* Diamana 72g X-flex neutral

:titleist: 913 FD 15* Diamana 82g X-flex neutral

:titleist: AP2 712 3-PW S-300

:vokey:51-08/ 55-11/ 59-08 equal length shaft

:cameron: Select Newport 2

No I'm only good for one!! And I'll buy Dory or whatever his name as being the future or dominant after reigning for a couple years not 2 weeks.

Besides if Sergio had a couple more birdies it would have been a match it's not like Cory or whatever ran away with it JMO

Hope you guys enjoy the ride(band wagon)

I don't think you're going to be a happy golf fan for the next 10-15 years

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Golf will always be great to me it's all fun we like who we like, I think every golfer has good days, weeks, months. I think now that Pory is single he can focus on his game and Nike will start getting what they paid for!!!

No I'm only good for one!! And I'll buy Dory or whatever his name as being the future or dominant after reigning for a couple years not 2 weeks.

Besides if Sergio had a couple more birdies it would have been a match it's not like Cory or whatever ran away with it JMO

I have no clue who Dory or Cory is, but Rory was clearly the best player this past week.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Ohhhh, the guy who barely wins because he doesn't play good... but because others dont play good?? Not impressed!!! Doesn't win in exciting fashion!! Yawn, boring, meh... Watch SC, the PGA Pres. Had something to say about next week

We used to say the same thing about all the guys that folded when playing against Tiger.

Ohhhh, the guy who barely wins because he doesn't play good... but because others dont play good??

Huh? I guess you missed that nifty little 34/27 that Sergio threw up on Friday...... :blink:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I don't know how Rory is going to play in the future (fresh out of crystal balls) but anybody that's not impressed with the way he's hitting the ball right now has awfully high standards

9iron are you Talking about the 2000 U.S. Open? That was close!! Ha! Mcilboring will just pick up the leftovers, he won't go out and take the tourny. And Dave or Sir, Amazing round but you have to play good for all 4 days

Lol. Looks like someone has been drinking beer. :beer: [quote name="bentvalve" url="/t/75936/what-happens-first-rory-completes-slam-or-tiger-wins-15th-major/100_100#post_1033083"] Doesn't win in exciting fashion!! Yawn, boring, meh... [/quote] Are we talking about the same Rory that won his first two majors by 8 stroke margins? The same Rory who is fearlessly out driving opponents hole after hole, the Rory who is hitting driver as hard as he possibly can where others are pulling out 3 irons? The Rory who now holds three legs of a career slam at 25 freakin' years old? Yeah, super boring to watch. :doh:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I assume he's a lock for the HOF even if he quits now. 3 by 25 is a HUGE accomplishment. Only two other golfers have done this in the history of the game. One is the GOAT and the other is Nicklaus.

I see what you did there, sneaky Canadian!

Patrick Reed would have to be a center fold i don't think him and he ego would fit on the cover.

He would need to be on the cover for a few months at least.

Great accomplishment, I guess it's just that all the negative talk about him since he went to nike and than he wins a tourny and now he's so great!!! Sorry not impressed, jmo, but hey I'm just a 9 that misses 3 footers haha

Negative talk? You mean Faldo who said changing equipment ruins your game. Doesn't look ruined to me. Heck a lot of PGA Tour professionals change equipment yearly and still play good. I think all that negative talk was inside your own head there.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Lol. Looks like someone has been drinking beer.

Are we talking about the same Rory that won his first two majors by 8 stroke margins?

The same Rory who is fearlessly out driving opponents hole after hole, the Rory who is hitting driver as hard as he possibly can where others are pulling out 3 irons?

The Rory who now holds three legs of a career slam at 25 freakin' years old?

Yeah, super boring to watch.

The easiest way to spot a pure troll.  He doesn't even try to make sense......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Do you think that Rickie wins his first major before Tiger wins his 15th major?

Based on this year you would have to say Rickie, based on last year you'd pick Tiger - what do you think NEXT year brings?

Players play, tough players win!

I don't see how Rory winning the last major by a couple strokes puts him at the next level above Michelson, bubba, Scott etc... I just don't get it

Yeah. me neither...

/sarcasm

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Note: This thread is 1833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!