IGNORED

Being Fit for an Edel Putter

Note: This thread is 1501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

These answers are based on my assumption that drastic grip changes would alter your aim.

You mean like gripping way down during your fitting and then never gripping down after the fitting? Who the hell would do such a thing?

:whistle:

:-P

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

These answers are based on my assumption that drastic grip changes would alter your aim.

You mean like gripping way down during your fitting and then never gripping down after the fitting? Who the hell would do such a thing?

Haha, dick. :-D

Constantine

Haha, dick.

:beer:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

I putt left hand low, is this something a fitter would try to dissuade me from doing?

No. So long as your eye line is within a mile of the same place and left hand low doesn't dramatically shift that from a "right hand low" stroke, you'll be fine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. Is there a way to find an edel fitter in my area? I live in St. Louis.

http://edelgolf.com/find-a-fitter

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[URL=http://edelgolf.com/find-a-fitter]http://edelgolf.com/find-a-fitter[/URL]

Thanks. Apparently I can get this done at the newly expanded golf galaxy by my house. I will check it out this weekend.

Great post and perfect timing.  I am getting fitted Monday and this really cut down on all the questions I was going to have to ask via PM or thread

Thanks. Apparently I can get this done at the newly expanded golf galaxy by my house. I will check it out this weekend.

That is the one I will be going to as well.  The fitter wont be there until Monday.  His name is Ryan and he seems pretty good

Well, I pulled the trigger today.  I got the fitting and ended up with a Raven blade, 1 degree loft (my putter was putting it over the black backdrop), 35 inch, 370g weight (with none up on the handle), 1/16 s-offset, single line, pixl inserted putter.  I skipped the variable weight and variable loft because that is what the fitting is for.

I felt very confident that the fitter here in Chesterfield, MO at the golf galaxy superstore knew what he was talking about.  He had a good passion for what we were doing and we took our time.  It was about 1 hour total and he made sure I was completely happy with the looks and more importantly the performance of what was coming my way.  Because I prefer the simplistic approach to life, I didn't get any sort of color (all black like my favorite rugby team) and my initials opposite the Edel symbol on the face.

I am extremely happy with the fitting and am really excited to get my putter.  I will be putting a new Winn jumbo grip on it when it arrives and I will let everyone know how it performs on the course

• Administrator

I got the fitting and ended up with a Raven blade

Glad to hear about the fitting.

Not sure about the name of that one… The names are: Columbia, Willamette, McKenzie, Rogue, Umpqua, Deschutes. All rivers in Oregon where David Edel grew up (or something like that).

Glad to hear about the fitting. Not sure about the name of that one… The names are: [COLOR=333333]Columbia, Willamette, McKenzie, Rogue, Umpqua, Deschutes. All rivers in Oregon where David Edel grew up (or something like that).[/COLOR]

Cool ... I didn't know they had names! Now, to figure out which is mine.

Glad to hear about the fitting.

Not sure about the name of that one… The names are: Columbia, Willamette, McKenzie, Rogue, Umpqua, Deschutes. All rivers in Oregon where David Edel grew up (or something like that).

Oh, yes Rogue is the one

It is a blade with some curve to it.  I also noticed the one line allowed me to aim so much better than the two or three lines.  I actually got it right back into the laser a few of the times and every other time is was really close

• 2 weeks later...

Since we are talking about Edel fitting I figured I would share this pdf that was shared with me from the only fitter in the CT/Mass/NH area I could find.  It has a lot of information in it about the process for fitting, and the things they look for and do and all that good commercial stuff, with a lot of pictures as well.

This is the first time I upload a pdf so I hope it works.

On another note I also wanted to include this other information that was included in an informational word document that was sent to me as well.. Take the statistics below with a grain of salt as I am not able to verify any of them.. Just sharing was sent to me.

The Statistics behind EDEL Fitted Putters

The use of custom fitted equipment is rapidly becoming more popular among golfers of all skill levels. Edel Golf combines industry leading technology with a proprietary fitting system designed to create putters that are precisely matched to the unique vision and putting stroke of every player. A few key statistics make a clear case for the remarkable advantages of custom fitting:

A study conducted by David Orr with Campbell University found that among 150 tested PGM students:

•80% could not properly aim their putter at the center of the hole from 6 feet away

•20% could aim their putter within the edges of the hole from 6 feet, but had incorrect putter loft

•Only 3% could aim their putter at the center of the hole with correct loft

A further study conducted by David Edel and MIT for the Better Golf Through Technology Summit in 2006 measured two independent groups of 40 low handicap players to assess the change in performance from a distance of 12 feet after switching from their current putter to a fitted Edel putter:

•Consistency improved across 19 of 22 stroke metrics such as stroke motion, speed control, and proximity to the hole, with players experiencing an average 38% reduction in standard deviation after switching

•Aim improved an average of 1.8 inches

•Percentage of putts made improved from 11% to 20%

The statistics are clear. Fitted Edel putters provide players with an immediate opportunity to improve their putting without any significant alteration of the putting stroke.

• Upvote 1

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

http://edelgolf.com/find-a-fitter

Erik--

The table on the Edel website is confusing.  It makes it look as if you do wedge fittings, but not putters?

In My Grom:
Driver: Taylormade R1 10.5°
Fairway: Taylormade RocketBallz Stage 2 Tour 14.5°
Hybrids: Ping G25 3, 4
Irons: Mizuno 5-PW JPX 800 Pro

Wedges: CG-14 50°, 56°, 60°

Putter: Nike Method 003

Cool ... I didn't know they had names! Now, to figure out which is mine.

Where in SoCal did you get fit?

Anybody else in this area go through a fitting?

In My Grom:
Driver: Taylormade R1 10.5°
Fairway: Taylormade RocketBallz Stage 2 Tour 14.5°
Hybrids: Ping G25 3, 4
Irons: Mizuno 5-PW JPX 800 Pro

Wedges: CG-14 50°, 56°, 60°

Putter: Nike Method 003

Note: This thread is 1501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!