IGNORED

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm just luvin how everybody keeps yammering and  blabbering about Bubba and Rory...

Yet, curiously enough, the actual leaders of the tournament have been conveniently ignored.

Tied for the actual lead of the tournament are: Ryan Palmer, Lee Westwood, Kevin Chappel.

Not saying that  Rory is a bad player or anything, but he's gotta keep his ball in the play, instead of racking up the penalty strokes.

Makes it that much more pressure to keep making birdie and eagles with those double bogeys and bogeys.

To be honest, the US golf fans have it within their own powers to stop adverts on golf broadcasts if they organised themselves on social media to do so. Just have a consumer boycott of named products/manufacturers that ruin their coverage. They'd soon stop if people stopped buying the equipment. They get enough product placement in a golf broadcast as it is, but American's don't always help themselves when I read various boards with some seriously suggesting that they need to pick Tiger Woods for the Ryder Cup so as to boost television ratings - what!!!!   is it bloody wonder they keep losing? Anyone caught spouting that kind of nonesense has become a prisoner of the networks and trapped into their world view and way of thinking, so they won't challenge the orthodoxy of adverts. Classic Stockholm Syndrome. I'm sure it could be organised with the amount of IT savvy markeeters out there in the States and social networking that goes on.

Send the manufacturers an ultimatium. Stop ruining our enjoyment of golf by running your intrusive adverts by this date, or we won't buy another single one of your products. Conversely, then agree to endorse any manufacturer through social media that agrees and buy theirs instead. I'd love to see it happen. It would shake American television to the core as it completely alters the whole way they watch.

Personally I've stopped watching the advert cable stations now anyway purely because I can concentrate for more than 9 minutes at a time and get fed up with a 6 minute block of adverts butting in. Result, the advertisers don't reach me

I'm just luvin how everybody keeps yammering and  blabbering about Bubba and Rory...

Yet, curiously enough, the actual leaders of the tournament have been conveniently ignored.

Tied for the actual lead of the tournament are: Ryan Palmer, Lee Westwood, Kevin Chappel.

The BBC have headlined Westwood

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/

The first flight of the day is scheduled to tee off right about now. Anybody knows who the weather is?

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rain later. A lot of doubt as to whether they'll finish today. What's the featured group this morning?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Yesterday, UK Sky carried the PGA.com's 'marquee group' coverage of Woods, Mickelson, Harrington. Today, I can't find any link (on Sky or PGA) to similar coverage for this morning's marquee group -- presumably it would have to be McIlroy, Kaymer, Watson.

Does anybody have the link -- surely they didn't just put the extra coverage on for Tiger...

Rain later. A lot of doubt as to whether they'll finish today.

What's the featured group this morning?

Sky were advertising coverage of Rory, Bubba and Kaymer before their normal coverage started, so I imagine they are in the featured group.

Yesterday, UK Sky carried the PGA.com's 'marquee group' coverage of Woods, Mickelson, Harrington. Today, I can't find any link (on Sky or PGA) to similar coverage for this morning's marquee group -- presumably it would have to be McIlroy, Kaymer, Watson.

Does anybody have the link -- surely they didn't just put the extra coverage on for Tiger...

It will be, coverage starts at 8:30

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I hope so -- although there's no  link I can find on either website at the moment (it was all over the front page yesterday before the coverage started). I'll check back in half an hour...

I hope so -- although there's no  link I can find on either website at the moment (it was all over the front page yesterday before the coverage started). I'll check back in half an hour...

Sky's red button coverage starts at 1.35pm which is the Rory Bubba groups tee-time or it was before the rain :(

Sky's red button coverage starts at 1.35pm which is the Rory Bubba groups tee-time or it was before the rain :(

Thanks -- yesterday it was available on the Sky website (i.e. they streamed Sky Sports Extra).Today, there's no mention of it. If it's only on the red button, it presumably won't be available online. I'll have to send Mrs brookter out shopping so I can watch it on the TV. Risks bankruptcy, of course, but worth it...

Notay Begay just said that "Rory is hitting the ball longer AND further then everybody else right now."  Hehe.

Yea, I caught that, too.  Pretty funny.  How did I miss what happened with Bubba?  Can someone give me a quick summary?  I can't dig back through 20 pages of posts.

Play suspended, but they're going to play.  Said they're going to continue to play the ball down......no LCP.

Hopefully they get going soon.....

In David's bag....

Play resumed.

Streaming coverage of the featured group begins at 9:25

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!