IGNORED

Joost Luiten

Silent
Note: This thread is 1913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Luiten at level par trough the turn. Not playing bad, but again his putter doesn't seem warm. A lot of birdie chances (some harder than others ofcourse), yet only made one. Bogey was a 3-putt. At least much better than yesterday so far.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 birdies in the last 3 holes, -2 today. That's actually pretty good so far now.

~Jorrit

WOW another birdie! -3 today and gained almost 30 places on the leaderboard so far. Come one!

~Jorrit

Amazing round today. -3. Unfort. a bogey on the difficult 18th, otherwise the best score of the day together with Adam Scott. Gained about 30 places on the leaderboard.

~Jorrit

I finally clicked on this thread to see WTF is going on about some second tier Euro golfer, and I see it is just somebody named silent with a man crush bumping it.

How old are you, silent?

I finally clicked on this thread to see WTF is going on about some second tier Euro golfer, and I see it is just somebody named silent with a man crush bumping it.  How old are you, silent?

Did you read the first post?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I finally clicked on this thread to see WTF is going on about some second tier Euro golfer, and I see it is just somebody named silent with a man crush bumping it.

How old are you, silent?

Please refrain from trashing the thread.  If you are not interested, then don't read it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I see no need to be disrespectful or to get personal to me. I'm 'just' a fan. The Netherlands doesn't have a great history in golf, so for the Dutch golf fans it's amazing to finally have someone on the highest level, for a substantial amount of time. Using this topic as an update of how he's doing in tournaments, his schedule, his reactions in the media. For those who are interested they can follow it here, for those who are not they don't have to visit this topic. No harm for anyone.

~Jorrit

I finally clicked on this thread to see WTF is going on about some second tier Euro golfer, and I see it is just somebody named silent with a man crush bumping it.  How old are you, silent?

Wow, what an absolutely fantastic prick you are.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

• Administrator

Wow, what an absolutely fantastic prick you are.

He's also restricted from the thread, and we ask that you not call people names. So let's move on, now, please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So let's move on, now, please.

Will do, thanks. Trough the turn at level par, after being +2 at the first three holes. Hopefully a similar back nine as yesterday.

~Jorrit

Finished his round at +1, 'thanks' to a double bogey at 18th after hitting the water. His first ball in the water ever at Doral. If I remember correctly he was one of only two people in the enitre field last year who didn't hit the water (very bad weather, lots of wind and rain). Anyway, all together not the tournament we were hoping for, mostly because of a very bad first round. Hopefully a good finish tomorrow andthen off to Valspar Championship.

~Jorrit

Last round finished at +1, after being -2 at 8th. All together not a great performance this week, after a disastrous round 1.

~Jorrit

Quote:
'The final round was difficult because of the wind. I played well on the front nine but made 3-putts on 9, 10, and 13. And on 16 I missed a short putt for birdie.

New opportunities this week. My next tournament is the Valspar Championship at Innisbrook Resort in Florida. I drove to Tampa immediately after my round, four hours in the car. I will play this PGA Tour tournament for the first time. It will be my third tournament in Florida in a row.

The Copperhead Course at Innisbrook is a new course for me and later this year I will play other courses in the US I don't know yet. It helps if you know a course very well but it’s not a big deal if you don’t. My caddie and I are used to getting to know a course very well by playing two or three practice rounds. Playing in the majors means playing new courses as well, except for the Masters of course, and you just have to learn your way around a course in a short time.

By the way, the Masters begins in exactly one month.'

~Jorrit

3x par at The Snake Pit. +2 trough the turn: not very good, mostly thanks to hitting the water at 13 (double bogey). His driving accuracy is very good so far, above 80%. Hopefully Joost will manage to gain a couple of strokes back at his back nine, then it might be a descent round.

~Jorrit

'I felt like Michael Jackson'

Quote:
This week I'm playing the Valspar Championship, a tournament which I haven't played before. It's also my first time on the copperhead course of Innisbrook Resort. My game today wasn't even that bad, although it didn't feel as good as the last two weeks. Today there was a bit too much movement in my lower body, which made me feel like Michael Jackson. This happens when I swing too fast and it makes me block my ball to the right. It happened straight away on my first hole (10), when I hit my ball in the trees on the right, and could only chip back to the fairway.

On thirteen I made a silly swing and hit my 5-iron in the water. I couldn't make up-and-down, which resulted in a double bogey.

After that I brought it back to +1 with birdies on fourteen and one, but in the end I had to sign for a +3 75, because of two more blocked drives on five and six. This course is narrow and tricky, so when you don't hit the fairway, it's difficult to save par.

Fortunately I know what te problem is, so when I practiced on the range after my round, things already were much better.Tomorrow I just need a good second round like last week and then we'll see what happens in the weekend.

Needs a good 2nd round to make the cut, otherwise it will be quite a disappointing Florida Swing for him.

~Jorrit

Note: This thread is 1913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!