• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bogeyman65

Taylormade Adjustable Driver Help

12 posts in this topic

I removed the adjustment screw from the head so I could send the head in for painting. I was wondering if anyone could give some advice on how to reinstall the screw in the head with the o-ring attached to the screw from inside the hosel. Also is the o-ring even necessary or will deleting it cause a rattle or vibration in the shaft.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

What's the driver?

Can't you just screw it back in using the same tool you used to take it out?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Also I would put the o-ring back in. Those are generally pretty important.

What's the driver?

It's that really long club at the top of the bag that usually wears a pretty hat ... but that's not important right now.

Also I would put the o-ring back in. Those are generally pretty important.

Agreed.  Probably gonna want to keep that one.  (But what do I know ... I still haven't removed the sticker off my driver shaft from 2 years ago) ;)

It's a TM Stage 2 driver. I think that the o-ring (actually a flat rubber washer) just keeps the adjustment screw from falling out and getting lost during the adjustment but I could be wrong.

It's that really long club at the top of the bag that usually wears a pretty hat ... but that's not important right now.

Ok thanks :roll:

On a side note I now seem to have an avatar that I didn't create?

The moderators like to have fun sometimes. ;). I think it goes well with your username, but you can obviously always change it. :)

I really don't think that screw is supposed to back out, without looking I would assume it's turned down in the shoulder area and when the two halves are put together it captures the screw because the washer is a smaller diameter than the threads or the throat it goes through.

I was going to add that washer/o ring is probably real important in the tightening spec of the club, remember the wrench they supply you with is a torque wrench with a specific torque setting and the washer is probably integral in the engineering especially if it has any rubber insert to it.

Well I think I'm going to put some glue on the washer so it stays on the end of the adapter as I insert it into the hosel. Once the shaft is in the hosel I can attach the screw through the outside of the head and I should be good to go. You're probably right about the washer being part of the torque process. Thanks for the replies.

From your welcome PM: P.S. If you didn't create a unique avatar for yourself when you signed up, please add one. A unique avatar lets people recognize you better. If you post a few times and haven't uploaded an avatar, one of our staff may upload one for you so that we can tell your posts apart from the others at a glance!