IGNORED

What Putter You Using....

Note: This thread is 3509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have 2 at the moment, a SC Newport 2 that I've had for 3 years and a TM Spider counter balanced, a mid sized mallet that I just put in the bag a couple months ago. I've been through a lot of different putters over the last few years.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

I have a Mizuno 0803 that is currently getting the face milled, weight added, edges rounded a little, and refinished. Hopefully it will be in the bag for a long time.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Right now, I'm between a Nike Method Core Weighted MC02W and Bobby Grace AMG Triumph. Need to play more consistently again to figure out which works best for me.

The MOI of the Bobby Grace is great, but the biggest negative for me is the lack of audible feedback. The insert is just so quiet. I may need to compare the Method Core to my Heavy Putter soon.

Driver - Cobra Amp Cell/Maltby KE4 V 10.5

FW - Maltby KE4 ST-F 3W

Hybrids - Cobra T-Rail+ 3H and 4H

Irons - Maltby KE4 SS1 4-GW

SW - Cleveland CG16 56*

Putter - Nike Method Core MC02W/Bobby Grace AMG Triumph

Newbie here.  I've got an old Northwestern "Tom Weiskopf" 309 wide flange putter that I've had for years (not sure where I got it), which is currently selling for $15-20 on eBay.  Recently bought a used Odyssey Backstryke Marxman mallet putter for $50 that I thought would help me putt better, but I actually like the feel/accuracy of the Northwestern better.

Go figure.  LOL!

Callaway FT9 Driver (10N)
Jones/Ortiz 3W(13), 4W (17) & 5W (19)
Jones/Ortiz  3H (21) 4H (25) & 5H (30)
Titleist DCI Gold - 3-PW (21-48)
Titleist Vokey PW (48-6), GW (52-8), SW (56-10) & LW (60-4)
Northwestern (Tom Weiskopf) #309 Putter

A Cleveland Anser style putter I've had for a while now. Every once in a while I'll throw a ball up and hit it into a pond with it. One reason is it's fun...another is I kind of hope I accidentally hit it on the shaft and break it so I have a reason to get fitted for an Edel. :)

No luck yet...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use an old Ray Cook Blue Goose. Same putter for about 30 years. I have multiple Scottys, but I game this.

I had two of the old Ray Cook Blue Goose putters (first milled putter I ever had). I got tired of spraying WD 40 on them to keep them from rusting. I use a Odyssey Two Ball now after my Rife putter was stolen.

Ive used 5 or 6 putters this year and thought I had settled on my odyssey dual force 992 with giant pistol grip because i was more consistent with it but with giant grip my long putts are really tough to judge.This past tournament i had 39 putts and as usual after couple good rounds i have a bad putting day and it makes me want to change.I know its the puttee and not the putter.Really would like to find one that's perfect for me but it may just be that i need to get on the putting green and find something that works.

Tried a lot of different putters and keep coming back to the Cleveland VP 5, the mallet helps me to find my line better.

Brian   

I bought a SC Newport 2 Select at the beginning of summer but keep putting my Ping Redwood Anser back in the bag. BTW I've gone back to Ping PP58 midsize grips from Superstroke 2.0 and seem to be rolling the ball better. I guess I just like the feel if the pistol grip more.

SC newport 1,5 for 5 years about so.

I actually tried a 2,0 and loved it, but got my internet purchase wrong. :loco:

anyway, great putter, not forgiving at all, but very nice touch.

average just above 30 putts per round, just under 2 putts per GIR.

I very often receive very positive remarks on my putting "could you putt this for me ?", "I wish I could putt like you" "obviously YOU would make this one" etc., but dont know if its because my swing is that bad to avoid talking about it :whistle:

I won a Ping putter at a Golf Galaxy Christmas party drawing about four years ago. The winning Ping was a B60, and I got a final fitting for it.

Before that, I used a Ping Pal (circa 1973). Sometimes I think I want to go back to the Pal - it's heavier, and if I'm a couple of inches into the greenside rough I can putt it.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I have a Mizuno 0803 that is currently getting the face milled, weight added, edges rounded a little, and refinished. Hopefully it will be in the bag for a long time.

I might repaint the site lines, seems like they might be a little distracting. Otherwise love the look of it.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Presently use a Rife Barbados on fast greens, find the mallet is better, on wet days when green are slow revert to my Odyssey white ice 6. Some social days games pull out my old Acushnet bulls eye, it great on short pits but struggle on long puts with it.

* In My Ping DLX Bag *

Ping G25 driver 12.5 deg

Ping G25 Fairway 16.5 deg

Ping Rapture 2 Iron 18 deg (Alternet 20deg Mizuno Fli-Hi Hybrid)

Ping I 20 Hybrid 20 deg      (Alternet 23 deg Mizuno Fli-Hi Hybrid)

Ping G25 Irons 4-UW

Ping Tour Wedge SS 52 deg

Guerin Rife Barbados Putter (Alternet Odyssey White Ice 6 355g)

Preferred Ball Srixon Z Star.

Note: This thread is 3509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!