IGNORED

Adrian Peterson Indicted On Child Negligence

RJH999
Note: This thread is 3487 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

AP Issued a statement: http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11532548 [Quote]EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who was indicted by a grand jury on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child on Friday, apologized in a statement on Monday for "the hurt I have brought to my child" after disciplining him earlier this year. He also said he will testify in court that he did not intend to harm his son, and is, "without a doubt, not a child abuser." Later, he said, "I am someone that disciplined his child and did not intend to cause him any injury. No one can understand the hurt that I feel for my son and for the harm I caused him. My goal is always to teach my son right from wrong and that's what I tried to do that day. "I accept the fact that people feel very strongly about this issue and what they think about my conduct. Regardless of what others think, however, I love my son very much and I will continue to try to become a better father and person."[/Quote]

Riley

If this is covered under domestic violence then it should be 6 games.  I haven't read all the details of the policy but I would think that the suspension length is variable with 6 being minimum and the potential for a longer suspension depending on the specific circumstances.

Cowherd tries to be outrageous and take extreme positions to troll people to call into his show.  Some people consider a strong handshake to be a form of sincerity and respect, AP may just not appreciate his strength is significantly greater than the average sports show radio host.  I hope he didn't make Colin cry.

Colin was pretty clear that it went well beyond a "strong handshake" and I take him at his word on that. I doubt if AP's hands are any stronger than mine and I don't crush people's hands when I shake hands with them.

Colin was pretty clear that it went well beyond a "strong handshake" and I take him at his word on that. I doubt if AP's hands are any stronger than mine and I don't crush people's hands when I shake hands with them.

Unless you're a professional football player or weight lifter I'd wager his hands and forearms are much stronger than yours.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

AP Issued a statement:

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11532548

"I am not a perfect son. I am not a perfect husband. I am not a perfect parent, but I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser. I am someone that disciplined his child and did not intend to cause him any injury. No one can understand the hurt that I feel for my son and for the harm I caused him. My goal is always to teach my son right from wrong and that's what I tried to do that day."

None of us are perfect. We all have flaws. It's knowing that he is not, and striving to become better that will help him and his family. I don't put him in the same category as "child abuser", but he needs to change for the better.

I hope he believes what he is stating, and does not hurt his son or anyone else this way.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I doubt if AP's hands are any stronger than mine

LOL

Ok buddy...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Unless you're a professional football player or weight lifter I'd wager his hands and forearms are much stronger than yours.

Or a massage therapist. I have claws of iron!

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 5 Hybrid
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron
Adams a70S Hybrid Gap Wedge
Adams Lady Fairway 1007 Putter

Or a massage therapist. I have claws of iron!

That's probably one of the reasons why you can play golf. :beer:

LOL

Ok buddy...

Who would want to be hit with a switch from this dude!

• Upvote 1

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

And I would take that bet.

I recall you being a pretty large ex-football player yourself.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

None of us are perfect. We all have flaws. It's knowing that he is not, and striving to become better that will help him and his family. I don't put him in the same category as "child abuser", but he needs to change for the better.

I hope he believes what he is stating, and does not hurt his son or anyone else this way.

He beat his child like a raged madman, and then stuck things in the kids mouth and texted about how he hit him in the nuts..  Unless you really believe this is the first time he has done that, rather than the norm!  Well, he actually stated that this is the norm so for me he is an abuser!

I think the troubling part for me is that he doesn't even think that he did something wrong..  LLSB is the predominate description of this guy, and not just for the beating of his child!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I recall you being a pretty large ex-football player yourself.

Hand strength has very little to do with overall strength. My son is into body building and last week he bench pressed 375 lbs. 5 times. I can't do that anymore but I can still squeeze a vice clamp harder than anybody on the rigging table and I can still open cans and turn wrenches that my son can't budge.

Like Walter Brennan used to say on The Guns of Will Sonnet "No brag just fact".

He beat his child like a raged madman, and then stuck things in the kids mouth and texted about how he hit him in the nuts..  Unless you really believe this is the first time he has done that, rather than the norm!  Well, he actually stated that this is the norm so for me he is an abuser!

I think the troubling part for me is that he doesn't even think that he did something wrong..  LLSB is the predominate description of this guy, and not just for the beating of his child!

Hopefully he changes.

Hand strength has very little to do with overall strength. My son is into body building and last week he bench pressed 375 lbs. 5 times. I can't do that anymore but I can still squeeze a vice clamp harder than anybody on the rigging table and I can still open cans and turn wrenches that my son can't budge.

That's pretty impressive.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I think you may be underestimating the hand strength of NFL running backs. Especially Adrian Peterson, who is one of the strongest in the NFL. Adrian Peterson is an absolute freak of nature.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I think you may be underestimating the hand strength of NFL running backs. Especially Adrian Peterson, who is one of the strongest in the NFL. Adrian Peterson is an absolute freak of nature.

The difference between a college level player and a pro is not that huge. Adrian Peterson has many other simultaneous attributes that makes him the freak of nature. His grip strength is probably not 2x the average football player, more like 10-20% or so. He probably only has a grip strength that is marginally better than the next best running back, if at all.

If you compare him with either of us, yes, he can break our hands with a simple handshake. On the other hand, that's why we're engineers and not professional athletes.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

The difference between a college level player and a pro is not that huge. Adrian Peterson has many other simultaneous attributes that makes him the freak of nature. His grip strength is probably not 2x the average football player, more like 10-20% or so. He probably only has a grip strength that is marginally better than the next best running back, if at all.

If you compare him with either of us, yes, he can break our hands with a simple handshake. On the other hand, that's why we're engineers and not professional athletes.

Which is likely why Cowherd whined when AP shook his hand.

Joe Paradiso

The difference between a college level player and a pro is not that huge. Adrian Peterson has many other simultaneous attributes that makes him the freak of nature. His grip strength is probably not 2x the average football player, more like 10-20% or so. He probably only has a grip strength that is marginally better than the next best running back, if at all. If you compare him with either of us, yes, he can break our hands with a simple handshake. On the other hand, that's why we're engineers and not professional athletes.

I disagree strongly with the bold. I agree with the rest. Colin Cowherd is spitting nonsense.

Riley

I disagree strongly with the bold.

I agree with the rest.

Colin Cowherd is spitting nonsense.

Yeah, I didn't word this quite right. Pro and College players differ in "talent", not so much in raw strength.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I can't imagine ever having the desire to hit a defenseless child.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3487 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!