IGNORED

2014 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pretty easy to find info on Watson's alcoholism and adulterous history. Just not on Wikipedia. I'm calling him out for chucking rocks when he lives in a glass house.

And Tom has taken the lessons from his own life and saved the lives of others. This is irrelevant BS. His record as a Ryder Cup Captain is 1-0. His record as a player is 10-4. He's one of the dozen best players of all time. He's competed against the best in the world from before Tiger's birth until after his decline. Tom knows golf.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Kinda glad McGinley hasn't been playing McDowell/Dubuisson all 4 matches. That team looks solid.

Agreed, and two of my favorite golfers. Great team.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Those two wounded veterans illustrate, IMO, exactly what has been wrong with the approach of the US captains over the years.  They treat it far too importantly.  Bring in some guys with awful war wounds to tell them about playing for their country (as if there is any relevance to bringing in wounded soldiers to a sporting event).  Bring in former US Presidents and Michael Jordan for pep talks.  Meanwhile, the Euros are drinking pints and shooting pool.   I've no idea why they haven't named Freddie Couples to head the team, who has plenty of success as President's Cup Captain, and takes a laid back approach.  The US team hasn't failed because they care too little, it's because they apparently have gotten locked sphincters over how important it's been portrayed to them to succeed.

I completely agree. It's always the US that tries to ramp this up like it's freaking Iwo Jima. Relax. You're just playing golf.

Colin P.

Pretty easy to find info on Watson's alcoholism and adulterous history. Just not on Wikipedia.

I'm calling him out for chucking rocks when he lives in a glass house.

I've met Watson and he's a first class guy. I have nothing bad to say about him. And I've heard from people that know him he's all class.

As far as adultery, don't know anything about it with Watson, but I've talked to people inside the circles and a lot of these guys, unfortunately, cheat. It goes with any sport. Any time you travel a lot and are away from your wives and you have money in your back pocket, temptation usually wins. That's why if I'm McIlroy, I'd live the Derek Jeter life for a while. I've heard some stuff on Mark O'Meara. If true, kinda sheds light on why Tiger did what he did. Had some bad influences around him.

Let's keep the discussion on the matches, thanks guys

Mahan/Furyk staying strong, going to be a tough match.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

This Johnson/Kuchar match is huge. We've got to get a point there. This is Europe's weakest team out this afternoon. If you're going to win the Ryder Cup against a powerhouse like Europe, you've got to win these kinds of matches. Really disappointed in Kuchar/Johnson so far this Ryder Cup. Have not played their best. Thought this weather would suit Zach more.

Really disappointed with this coverage. How many matches are going on now? And you can't show me more than one shot every two minutes?? And then another commercial break after 7 minutes?

Colin P.

Guys playing their 4th match in two days struggling a bit. Rose doesn't look as sharp this afternoon. Walker/Fowler just getting spanked by G-Mac/Dubuisson. Rory playing solid, but he is Rory. But maybe a bit of fatigue from the other guys.

This Johnson/Kuchar match is huge. We've got to get a point there. This is Europe's weakest team out this afternoon. If you're going to win the Ryder Cup against a powerhouse like Europe, you've got to win these kinds of matches. Really disappointed in Kuchar/Johnson so far this Ryder Cup. Have not played their best. Thought this weather would suit Zach more.

Agreed. That match going south sure swings the momentum to the Europeans. We can still win if the afternoon goes poorly, but it feels like things are slipping away. Who will energize the Americans?

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Guys playing their 4th match in two days struggling a bit. Rose doesn't look as sharp this afternoon. Walker/Fowler just getting spanked by G-Mac/Dubuisson. Rory playing solid, but he is Rory. But maybe a bit of fatigue from the other guys.

Your buddy Patrick "Top 5" Reed is looking good ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Seems like a lot of breaks, but I think we're seeing pretty much every shot played, aren't we?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Walker and Fowler should just concede now and save themselves for tomorrow! :surrender:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Your buddy Patrick "Top 5" Reed is looking good

haha yeah. I'm impressed. Like I said in the other thread, this is the one week out of the year I root hard for him and become a Reed fan. Would have liked to see him and Spieth play all four rounds.

We can't lose 3 of these 4. If we do, we're going have to do what Europe did 2 years ago and I don't see that happening. This is a crucial moment in the Ryder Cup right now.

Fowler/Walker look like toast. Walker lost his mojo it seems. Didn't expect that from him. Looks like we need Furyk and Mahan to get hot.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

As You know I had my doubts about Westwood. But from all three captain's picks he looks most solid. Donaldson also is holing quite some important putts.

~Jorrit

Walker and Fowler should just concede now and save themselves for tomorrow!

Yeah they seem pretty tired mentally. Three straight all-square matches will take a lot out of you.

Nice shot Kuuuuuuuch!

Mike McLoughlin

Seems like a lot of breaks, but I think we're seeing pretty much every shot played, aren't we?

You might be right. Maybe it's just me... I seem to be in a bad mood for some reason....

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 3505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!