IGNORED

2014 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This has gotta be eating away at Horshel. Hopefully his success continues and he makes the next team. I really think he is the type of guy that would thrive at the RC. He has the moxie that this team needs.

• Upvote 1

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Agree on Horschel. I never liked the Captain's pick process. Always thought they should pick one after the Duetsche Bank, one after the BMW and then one after the TOUR. Simpson, Bradley and Mahan were picked on form up to the Barclays, but all 3 guys absolutely shat the bed the last few tourneys and I think Watson would most definitely had changed his mind if he got to pick after the BMW and TOUR.

What did Reed do?

"Silenced the crowd" after making a putt to halve the hole. He put his index finger up to his mouth looking at the crowd.

Agree on Horschel. I never liked the Captain's pick process. Always thought they should pick one after the Duetsche Bank, one after the BMW and then one after the TOUR. Simpson, Bradley and Mahan were picked on form up to the Barclays, but all 3 guys absolutely shat the bed the last few tourneys and I think Watson would most definitely had changed his mind if he got to pick after the BMW and TOUR.

Very pleased with Hunter's play so far today. He looks comfortable against a damn good opponent.

Bubba and Rickie on the other hand dont look like they know how to play competitive golf today.

To pull off a miracle YOU HAVE to win the first match. It's a message to the rest of the team. Spieth is doing that so far. Could be very reminiscent of 2010 when the US trailed 9.5-6.5 going into Monday in Europe and got off to a hot start and tied it at 13.5 to 13.5. But G-Mac closed out the final match to win it. US needs to build on these 1-UP leads to give the guys some confidence.

And they need Simpson to earn his worth. That was putrid.

Reed... Sympathy for him is 0 now. Douchebag.

if Poulter did it I bet no Euros would care. This is the one golf event where im cool with this sort of thing. Good stuff

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

if Poulter did it I bet no Euros would care. This is the one golf event where im cool with this sort of thing. Good stuff

I don't agree. Cheer like crazy, be happy, all fine. Silencing the croud like that, blah. Never saw Poulter do something like that. On the contrary, at 18 at Medinah last day he showed sportmanship when his opponent had to hit but people made to much noice, asking for respect.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah I have no problem with it at the RC. Its just funny cause Reed still is a jackass and now he is putrid on this hole.

Also, real nice of Bubba to play well......

Ugh Jordan why are you so antzy on those putts????? We need a W from you.

Why are they so much better at this than the US? Is there any real reason?

Why are they so much better at this than the US? Is there any real reason?

I think Americans are more individualistic in general. Golf is an individual game offcourse, but in this concept it's a team game. If I look at the Olympics and World Cups, I always see a lot of Americans win gold, but in team sports much less...

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!