IGNORED

I am calling you out as a non-golfer IF.........................

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3085 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Although 6-7 beers is not what I call drunk. I play with several guys that will drink 6 to 8 beers during a round of 18. There handicap is lower than 4.2, that's not being cocky. That IS just the Truth.

Ummm....drink 6-7 beers on the course and they might get a DUI on the drive home.   Shame on them for placing us sober drivers at risk!!.......I hope I'm not on the same roads as those drunks!

All kidding aside.....I have never seen a respectable player whose focus is catching a buzz while on the course.   Except maybe John Daly, but he's an alcoholic.   I somehow doubt your 'so called' buddies even carry an official GHIN HC. They sound more like "non-golfers" that keep an fake HC using a free phone APP while taking gimmes, playing the ball up, and taking mulligans along the way.  lol

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I bet they would play even better if they replaced the beer with water. . .

BTW, @BuckeyeNut is/was a scratch golfer. His index when I started on this site was 1.8 or something like that, and was actually 0 for a while. He's in this "bowling" phase of his life, so I guess he spends too little time on the course to bring it back down. However, if money is on the line, he might get back to scratch just to prove a point.

They should use Lyft. We did an experiment at work for the fun of it. The results were that even though we "felt" normal our blood alcohol levels were much higher than the acceptable limit. Writing code and soldering were even more difficult.

Wow...Lihu, thanks for remembering!  LOL ..........I played to scratch for a good part of 2012.

I still play regularly, but not nearly as much.  My sons bowling habit takes priority, so naturally there is a falloff.   IE......instead of playing dawn patrol golf Saturday and Sunday morning last weekend, I was watching him bowl in the USBC Kansas City youth championships.    I update my index with every revision, so it's always at it's highest this time of year anyway.    I will get it lower!!!   LOL.........   2's at least by mid-summer, maaaaaaaybe the 1's before the year is out.  No matter who you are level of ability.......there's always room for improvement! :-)

What's in Paul's Bag:

Ummm....drink 6-7 beers on the course and they might get a DUI on the drive home.   Shame on them for placing us sober drivers at risk!!.......I hope I'm not on the same roads as those drunks!

All kidding aside.....I have never seen a respectable player whose focus is catching a buzz while on the course.   Except maybe John Daly, but he's an alcoholic.   I somehow doubt your 'so called'  buddies even carry an official GHIN HC. They sound more like "non-golfers" that keep an fake HC using a free phone APP while taking gimmes, playing the ball up, and taking mulligans along the way.  lol

All kidding aside, I'm Laughing at you and your Ignorance.

Not to be repetitive, but.........

Ya might be a non-golfer if you go through 2 coolers of beer during your typical weekend round of golf. :beer:

What's in Paul's Bag:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

You'd be mistaken...

Every golfer I have ever played with that got drunk on the course is a hacker with zero chance of beating me.    Not being cocky....just stating the truth.

Although 6-7 beers is not what I call drunk. I play with several guys that will drink 6 to 8 beers during a round of 18. There handicap is lower than 4.2, that's not being cocky. That IS just the Truth.

Some can hold their liquor better than others.  Me?  I can get drunk with one or two beers so I never drink while I play golf (or any sport).   I am pretty sure most of us will get drunk after 6 or 7 beers and their behavior will change (for better or worse).   They are non golfers.   They are drinkers, who happened to be in the golf course.   I will drink to/with BuckeyeNut on this one. :beer:

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not to be repetitive, but.........

Ya might be a non-golfer if you go through 2 coolers of beer during your typical weekend round of golf.

My Pop played scratch. Played persimmons and MacGregor blades. He had a nasty habit of continually taking his buds for the 19th hole libations, in spite of the flask of Canadian he sipped throughout the round.

Pop would never criticize a recreational player, he was one (though he did compete in a pro am that I recall), nor would he begrudge a man a few snorts to settle the nerves.

He was a golfer and a gentleman. I aspire to his character, though I probably will not reach his skill level.

You sir, are not a gentleman, but rather a pompous ass whose attitude is exemplary of the reason golf is on the decline. The recreational golfer (who may or may not meet your standards) keeps your sorry butt from paying $200 a round to play by invitation only a hundred miles from home!

Rant over. :-X

• Upvote 1

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

Time to close this thread.  What was supposed to be some light-hearted fun has, as usual, gone sour.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

All kidding aside, I'm Laughing at you and your Ignorance.

A bit harsh... perhaps you meant naivety.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

liquored up drunks will never be real golfers under any definition............

What's in Paul's Bag:

My Pop played scratch. Played persimmons and MacGregor blades. He had a nasty habit of continually taking his buds for the 19th hole libations, in spite of the flask of Canadian he sipped throughout the round. Pop would never criticize a recreational player, he was one (though he did compete in a pro am that I recall), nor would he begrudge a man a few snorts to settle the nerves. He was a golfer and a gentleman. I aspire to his character, though I probably will not reach his skill level. You sir, are not a gentleman, but rather a pompous ass whose attitude is exemplary of the reason golf is on the decline. The recreational golfer (who may or may not meet your standards) keeps your sorry butt from paying $200 a round to play by invitation only a hundred miles from home! Rant over. :-X

A few snorts?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

A few snorts?

Cocaine is a social drug....nothing wrong with that!  LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:

Cocaine is a social drug....nothing wrong with that!  LOL

I am calling you a non-golfer if you snort cocaine while playing.. wait I'm calling you a non-golfer if you even considering snorting cocaine while on the course.. I'm also calling you a whole bunch of other things if you snort cocaine.. (but I'll keep those for other threads)..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I don't care what anybody eats, talks about, or how many balls they scoop out of the water or woods. As long as I'm not waiting to tee off and not playing a 5 hour round. To each their own. Some people only get to play once in a while and like to enjoy the perks. There's a course I play that has the best damn burgers I've ever had! I don't normally stop at the turn, but on this course you can bet your a** I'm grabbing a burger if I'm hungry or not. Just don't slow me or anyone else down, and you should feel free to do whatever you want out there.

Time to close this thread.  What was supposed to be some light-hearted fun has, as usual, gone sour.

Yeah, this was supposed to be lighthearted. . . Some golfers drink and have fun on the course. Some play seriously, and I will add that I have not seen any true low single digit player ever drink and play at the same time. However, I've asked some of the ones I've played, and they said that many good golfers (pro good) can't handle pressure. I would guess these players could use a stiff shot to loosen up their brain cells a bit? I doubt they expect to break par under the influence, though.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yeah, this was supposed to be lighthearted. . .

Some golfers drink and have fun on the course. Some play seriously, and I will add that I have not seen any true low single digit player ever drink and play at the same time. However, I've asked some of the ones I've played, and they said that many good golfers (pro good) can't handle pressure. I would guess these players could use a stiff shot to loosen up their brain cells a bit? I doubt they expect to break par under the influence, though.

Like I said previously, I know a guy who carries a -2 handicap. He drinks a few beers a side and take his game seriously.

He can also play 56 holes in 1 day and have some beers.

We are not all the same and we are not all on the course for the same reason.

To each their own. you want to be a teetotaler, you have every right to be.

But almost 100% of us on this forum are not going pro, so as long as another golfer's behavior does not impact your game, so be it!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

If you think your shoe and golf club are a substitute for a golf rake ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Yeah, this was supposed to be lighthearted. . .

Some golfers drink and have fun on the course. Some play seriously, and I will add that I have not seen any true low single digit player ever drink and play at the same time. However, I've asked some of the ones I've played, and they said that many good golfers (pro good) can't handle pressure. I would guess these players could use a stiff shot to loosen up their brain cells a bit? I doubt they expect to break par under the influence, though.

Like I said previously, I know a guy who carries a -2 handicap. He drinks a few beers a side and take his game seriously.

He can also play 56 holes in 1 day and have some beers.

We are not all the same and we are not all on the course for the same reason.

To each their own. you want to be a teetotaler, you have every right to be.

But almost 100% of us on this forum are not going pro, so as long as another golfer's behavior does not impact your game, so be it!

I definitely could have used a beer or two after the third hole this morning. . .

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Who the hell golfs without having at least 1 beer? Sounds awful. :beer:

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 3085 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!