IGNORED

I am calling you out as a non-golfer IF.........................

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3085 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isukgolf View Post

If you think your shoe and golf club are a substitute for a golf rake ...

Actually, even Etiquette section in the rules says that using a rake isn't necessary:

Quote:

Care of the Course

Bunkers

Before leaving a bunker, players should carefully fill up and smooth over all holes and footprints made by them and any nearby made by others. If a rake is within reasonable proximity of the bunker, the rake should be used for this purpose.

Meaning that if it would result in undue delay to locate a rake (and yes, I've played courses where this could be an issue), then smoothing the damage with a foot or club is quite acceptable.  You are after all, in a hazard.  As long as you leave a reasonably level surface behind, you have satisfied the requirements.  None of the course in this region leave the rakes out over the winter months.  Many of the courses I play here take in the rakes as soon as the handicap reporting season is over, and don't put them back out until it starts again next season.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Actually, even Etiquette section in the rules says that using a rake isn't necessary: Meaning that if it would result in undue delay to locate a rake (and yes, I've played courses where this could be an issue), then smoothing the damage with a foot or club is quite acceptable.  You are after all, in a hazard.  As long as you leave a reasonably level surface behind, you have satisfied the requirements.  None of the course in this region leave the rakes out over the winter months.  Many of the courses I play here take in the rakes as soon as the handicap reporting season is over, and don't put them back out until it starts again next season.

Actually I did not know that ... thanks for enlightening me. OK let me be a bit more descriptive the offense in question, that triggered my comment ... If you use your shoe and club to rake a bunker, and still looks a 30ft anaconda wrestled and ate a 500 sow, that was clearly in heat ... and you step over the rake exiting the bunker ...:-D and I assure you I did not embellish the story at all ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

• 1 month later...

If you mis-hit your tee shot and don't get your ball past the ladies tees then proceed to take your next shot without pulling your pants down... you are a non-golfer.

• Upvote 1

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

If you don't have your phone in the cart playing rap music, you're a non-golfer.

I would think it would be the opposite. :-P

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

If you miss a putt and then drop another ball from your pocket and putt again (Happens too often at my course) I consider you a Non-Golfer.

I just encountered this exact same situation this weekend.

Playing my league mid year tournament, guy duffed his second shot. he was fuming, screaming and cursing. he said "F-this I am taking a mulligan" and dropped a ball and hit a second shot.

He said he par'ed the hole, I corrected his score before he turned in his card.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I just encountered this exact same situation this weekend.

Playing my league mid year tournament, guy duffed his second shot. he was fuming, screaming and cursing. he said "F-this I am taking a mulligan" and dropped a ball and hit a second shot.

He said he par'ed the hole, I corrected his score before he turned in his card.

Ever see the TV commercial where the guy keeps telling his caddie "don't count that"

Ever see the TV commercial where the guy keeps telling his caddie "don't count that"

That was 1/2 the guys in my group this weekend. I shot a 92 (slick greens killed me) and another guy shot a 93 with almost 20 mulligans.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

• 3 months later...

If............. "Whats the Rush?" is the first thing that comes to your mind when reading all the "pace of play" threads.....................you might be a non-golfer!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

If you are teeing off from the blues when it's quite obvious from your tee shots that you should be teeing off from the white tee box, especially since you're slowing down the play of those behind you substantially

@BuckeyeNut , @VOX there is a separate thread for bashing slow play. Please don't use this one as an opportunity to drag in a dead horse for continued beatings.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

@BuckeyeNut, @VOX there is a separate thread for bashing slow play. Please don't use this one as an opportunity to drag in a dead horse for continued beatings.

Go back and read buckeyes posts in this thread from the start:  That is exactly why he made the thread.  See somebody worth picking on in another thread, drag it over here and LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Go back and read buckeyes posts in this thread from the start:  That is exactly why he made the thread.  See somebody worth picking on in another thread, drag it over here and LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Fair point. Just seems particularly intended to pick at a specific poster in this case, who incidentally has already been restricted from the subject matter.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Fair point. Just seems particularly intended to pick at a specific poster in this case, who incidentally has already been restricted from the subject matter.

That's what I'm saying - from the beginning he's been picking on particular posters with every new post in here.

Wow is it a full moon ... sorry wrong thread ...
  • Upvote 1

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I'm calling you out as a non golfer if you can't accept other players as they are rather than as you would have them be.

Educate, don't castigate. :smartass:

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 3085 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!