IGNORED

My Swing (jamiesmith900)

jamiesmith900
Note: This thread is 2981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok icas I was just asking, wanted to know if I was doing something right as it doesn't look all that bad just shows how hard this game is when things I couldn't see makes it all out of rhythm and horrific results follow 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, jamiesmith900 said:

Thanks mvmac all makes sense

do you think I have some good stuff in my swing or shall I start over?

What @iacas said.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Ok thank you mvmac sorry if I'm being a pest I love the game so much it's so frustrating not being able to even get ball off ground with so small mistakes.

im off to range later so will post some videos to see if there's any changes thanks again

27 minutes ago, jamiesmith900 said:

Ok thank you mvmac sorry if I'm being a pest I love the game so much it's so frustrating not being able to even get ball off ground with so small mistakes.

No worries dude. Like anyone else, identify the priority piece and make that better. We can't start from scratch so improve what you can and use your practice time effectively.

Mike McLoughlin

Cheers buddy like I keep saying this site is awesome!! I've spent 100's on lessons and I feel I've learnt more on here in the past 3 days than any of my lessons! Keep up the immense work guys??

!!

Wrong button for question marks ha 

Hi guys really bad tonight at range lots to work on but I'm sure I also have early release it sure feels like it my hands look flipped bowed at impact in picture below 

i tried holding onto a bit of lag in downswing and started striking ok any thoughts much appreciated 

image.png

• Administrator
5 hours ago, jamiesmith900 said:

Hi guys really bad tonight at range lots to work on but I'm sure I also have early release it sure feels like it my hands look flipped bowed at impact in picture below 

i tried holding onto a bit of lag in downswing and started striking ok any thoughts much appreciated 

That's not what you are supposed to be working on.

So, bluntly, it's tough to want to help you if you're just going to ignore the advice given to you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 hours ago, jamiesmith900 said:

image.png

Bit of tough love here, but @iacas and @mvmac told you to work on making a better backswing by keeping the head steadier. Your follow-up post should include new videos of you working on what they wanted you to work on. You should be sharing your experience with trying to keep your head from raising up so much. How was contact? Did the ball flight change? Is the picture different in the new videos? Are you getting a feel for it?

Instead, you're off on a tangent that has absolutely nothing to do with what they asked you to work on. I can only speak for myself, but I view that as kind of a slap in the face. I mean, it's kind of hard to continue to want to help someone if you know they aren't listening to you.

So, go back, re-read what they wrote, and then make some sort of plan in your head for your next range session. This is along the lines of how you should be thinking about this:

"OK, let's get in front of a mirror first and try to keep my head from raising up so much. I need to figure out a feel that gets my swing to change in a way that those guys online want. I'll should listen to them because it's not like I'm setting any course records going about it my way anyway.

I'll make some mock-backswings in my living room. I'm at the top of my backswing. I'm looking back at the mirror now to see if the head position is better. Hmm that feels kinda weird (you look back and forth at the mirror and adjust your feels). OK, I think I'm getting a feel here."

You do this in front of the mirror for five minutes or so.

Then you go the range... and you make your practice mean something:

"OK I'm going to make two piles of three balls each. This pile I'm going to rehearse that feel I worked on in my living room with the mirror, then I'm going to make two fast practice swings in a row trying to feel like my head isn't raising up. Then I'll hit a ball with that feel. I'll do this routine for each ball in pile one.

Then for the next pile of balls, I will film the session so the people at thesandtrap.com can see what I'm doing. Same thing. A couple mirror-rehearsed slow backswings... then two fast practice swings using the feel. Then I'll address a ball and hit it with that feel."

Blah, blah, then get home and you post the video online. Erik or Mike will tell you either "good job," or "no, you're not doing it enough, so let us elaborate and continue to help you find the feel that will better achieve what we want, etc...." It's most likely the latter, but I really think you can get this down in just one session, so I'm hoping it's the former. 

And obviously you don't have to go about practicing exactly like this, but I thought I'd share an example of how you could go about doing it, and thus probably get a helluva lot more out of your session. 

Tough love, man! Really read what they say, and respect the idea that they probably know what they're talking about.

Ask questions if you don't understand something, but make sure those questions are relevant to what they're asking of you.

I hope I don't get flamed for this. I'm sorry if this is too harsh or condescending. I'm just trying to help. Cheers. :beer: 

• Upvote 5

Constantine

I feel this is putting more pressure on me by saying I haven't worked in what @mvmac has told me I'm not at school here guys!! 

Can I just say I have a practice room in my home which I have been working so hard on keeping my knees out was my me main focus I've done hours since they have told me what to do I have been working on keeping my head still and have been its not going to happen over night, I was only asking the ??? About early release as when I do keep everything right because the club is early releasing I hit the ground a foot before the ball so have no choice but to naturally lift up again my main focus is on the knees I did not get a video of this right now as like I say it's not going to fix in one range session I've done exactly as they have asked but getting attitude like that back is bit harsh I would say.

My posts and videos from now won't be about anything else but my knees and head so to recap last night at address i felt like I was riding a horse keeping knees pointing slightly outward it felt very different but worked on it at range and at home, i then focuses on a centred turn I've watched all vids and links @mvmac has given me it felt like I wasn't lifting as much on backswing but down I was fatting it badly so I wil just keep doing these drills feels good but couldn't really hit balls with fatting it.

58 minutes ago, jamiesmith900 said:

I feel this is putting more pressure on me by saying I haven't worked in what @mvmac has told me I'm not at school here guys!! 

No but you have to consider how posting a pic of impact and talking about your release after getting advice on your priorities (set-up, backswing) is going to come off.

1 hour ago, jamiesmith900 said:

My posts and videos from now won't be about anything else but my knees and head so to recap last night at address i felt like I was riding a horse keeping knees pointing slightly outward it felt very different but worked on it at range and at home, i then focuses on a centred turn I've watched all vids and links @mvmac has given me it felt like I wasn't lifting as much on backswing but down I was fatting it badly so I wil just keep doing these drills feels good but couldn't really hit balls with fatting it.

Good. Film some swings of you working on that stuff and share them here.

Mike McLoughlin

15 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Bit of tough love here, but @iacas and @mvmac told you to work on making a better backswing by keeping the head steadier. Your follow-up post should include new videos of you working on what they wanted you to work on. You should be sharing your experience with trying to keep your head from raising up so much. How was contact? Did the ball flight change? Is the picture different in the new videos? Are you getting a feel for it?

Instead, you're off on a tangent that has absolutely nothing to do with what they asked you to work on. I can only speak for myself, but I view that as kind of a slap in the face. I mean, it's kind of hard to continue to want to help someone if you know they aren't listening to you.

So, go back, re-read what they wrote, and then make some sort of plan in your head for your next range session. This is along the lines of how you should be thinking about this:

"OK, let's get in front of a mirror first and try to keep my head from raising up so much. I need to figure out a feel that gets my swing to change in a way that those guys online want. I'll should listen to them because it's not like I'm setting any course records going about it my way anyway.

I'll make some mock-backswings in my living room. I'm at the top of my backswing. I'm looking back at the mirror now to see if the head position is better. Hmm that feels kinda weird (you look back and forth at the mirror and adjust your feels). OK, I think I'm getting a feel here."

You do this in front of the mirror for five minutes or so.

Then you go the range... and you make your practice mean something:

"OK I'm going to make two piles of three balls each. This pile I'm going to rehearse that feel I worked on in my living room with the mirror, then I'm going to make two fast practice swings in a row trying to feel like my head isn't raising up. Then I'll hit a ball with that feel. I'll do this routine for each ball in pile one.

Then for the next pile of balls, I will film the session so the people at thesandtrap.com can see what I'm doing. Same thing. A couple mirror-rehearsed slow backswings... then two fast practice swings using the feel. Then I'll address a ball and hit it with that feel."

Blah, blah, then get home and you post the video online. Erik or Mike will tell you either "good job," or "no, you're not doing it enough, so let us elaborate and continue to help you find the feel that will better achieve what we want, etc...." It's most likely the latter, but I really think you can get this down in just one session, so I'm hoping it's the former. 

And obviously you don't have to go about practicing exactly like this, but I thought I'd share an example of how you could go about doing it, and thus probably get a helluva lot more out of your session. 

Tough love, man! Really read what they say, and respect the idea that they probably know what they're talking about.

Ask questions if you don't understand something, but make sure those questions are relevant to what they're asking of you.

I hope I don't get flamed for this. I'm sorry if this is too harsh or condescending. I'm just trying to help. Cheers. :beer: 

Thanks guys sorry if I have came across the wrong way on here it's so hard to describe in messages and pics.

Anyway took everything on board and really appreciate the help and your comments hope yous can forgive the pic sent it may have came across wrong way 

I will post vids of swings trying to work on knees and hips as asked??

3 hours ago, jamiesmith900 said:

I will post vids of swings trying to work on knees and hips as asked??

Sounds good.

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator

Please embed your videos.

There's a link in the "How To" menu.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Uh, so, it's tough to tell from the videos, because you've really gotta be hitting things outside or something, but the one DL video, it doesn't appear as though you're turning nearly enough at the start there.

That's not a horrible video to watch.

Also, try not to break things in your house? :-)

@jamiesmith900 you know there are lots of other cool places on this site you can post on that aren't just related to your swing, right?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

(edited)

Ok thanks guys going to range Thursday so will do some better vids then:-D

i know I nearly smashed the mirror in one vid lol was supposed to hit the towe:-O

Very good video @iacas thank you my shoulders definitely flat at top can clearly see that:-O

Edited by jamiesmith900

Note: This thread is 2981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!