IGNORED

Peyton Manning the Greatest QB?

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is Peyton Manning the Greatest QB Ever?

• Yes
    • No

Bart Starr only started 10 playoff games. Joe Theismann 8 games , Aaron Rodgers only started 9 games his record is 5-4, Drew Brees is 6-5 in the playoffs, Ken Anderson only played in 6 playoff games.  So what does QBR prove when the #2 and #4 guys on that list are only 1 game over .500 and they won 4 or those games in one year.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfreuter415

I think Peyton Manning is one of the elite, all-time greatest quarterbacks EVER, but to say that ANYONE is the greatest at anything can be disproved at many levels.

Let's see - Peyton Manning has one Super Bowl championship.  Montana & Bradshaw have 4. Brady & Aikman have three.  Seven quarterbacks have 2. If you include NFL Championships prior to the Super Bowl era, Bart Starr has five championships.

Just against Tom Brady, he has won 5 and lost 10.

Post season passer ratings say the same thing. From Wikipedia....

Note who isn't in the top 10, Boogielicious...hehe :P

Just shows you how little quarterback rating helps actual winning, doesn't it?   Winning is the only stat that matters.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I think Peyton Manning is one of the elite, all-time greatest quarterbacks EVER, but to say that ANYONE is the greatest at anything can be disproved at many levels. Let's see - Peyton Manning has one Super Bowl championship.  Montana & Bradshaw have 4. Brady & Aikman have three.  Seven quarterbacks have 2. If you include NFL Championships prior to the Super Bowl era, Bart Starr has five championships. Just against Tom Brady, he has won 5 and lost 10. Post season passer ratings say the same thing. From Wikipedia.... [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/108535/] [/URL]

You also just barely chopped Brady off. He's 12th, with a rating of 87.5. Less than 2 points behind the elder Manning.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Just shows you how little quarterback rating helps actual winning, doesn't it?   Winning is the only stat that matters.

No, it just shows you that it's a team sport. And that sometimes a QB can play well and lose, and sometimes they can play poorly and win.

Apparently a difficult concept for some people... :-P

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

And yet everybody does it with quarterbacks at least to some degree. ;-) Other position players that were never on a Championship (or even a winning) team may get in a Goat discussion but never quarterbacks.

Haven't read the whole thread but after yesterday's game, thought I'd throw in my 2¢. Since Manning is the 2nd best qb of his generation, he can't be the best of all time. Brady owns him which further illustrates Manning's difficulty winning "big" games.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I haven't read the whole thread either and frankly don't think you can really label one QB as the greatest ever.   The game and the rules have changed so much over the years, it is impossible to compare QB's from different eras.    An argument could be made for either Manning or Brady as being the best of their generation and both sides can present enough evidence to support their cause but really, does it matter? The bottom line is we have been fortunate to watch these two guys for a long time and while they are both in the twilight of their careers, they are not only still relevant but still the best two QB's on the field on any given Sunday.   It's a shame we are down to very few more matchups between them..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Haven't read the whole thread but after yesterday's game, thought I'd throw in my 2¢.

Since Manning is the 2nd best qb of his generation, he can't be the best of all time. Brady owns him which further illustrates Manning's difficulty winning "big" games.

Team Game.

Who beat who when it counted last year?

Ryan M

Team Game.

Who beat who when it counted last year?

Even that argument doesn't hold water.   They are 2-2 in playoff meetings..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Team Game.  Who beat who when it counted last year?

Agreed it's a team game but man for man, I don't think there's much question Denver is the stronger team this year and I think Manning has been blessed with more talented teams throughout their careers yet Brady is 11-5 h2h.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Manning has never played for the defenses brady had. And he had never used a video camera either.

The video camera huh... really?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

The video camera huh... really?

Patriots still have not won a super bowl since the incident :whistle:

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Patriots still have not won a super bowl since the incident :whistle:

I'm a believer in this conspiracy theory. It's more than karma at work here. Tough deal for me, I like Brady but hate Belichek.

Patriots still have not won a super bowl since the incident :whistle:

Your better than that... just to prove a point they ripped the whole league and just dumb luck that they didn't win the sb.. video camera ppfffhhhtt

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Your better than that... just to prove a point they ripped the whole league and just dumb luck that they didn't win the sb.. video camera ppfffhhhtt

If you are talking 2007 when they went 16-0 in the regular season,

It wasn't dumb luck. The NYG manhandled New England Patriots. They probably could have been hearing the calls on a direct feed and still lost that game :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Dumb luck lol

More like Eli owns Brady and the Pats in Super Bowls. :-P

(seriously though, Eli sucks and shouldn't even be mentioned in a greatest QB of all time thread...lol)

Ryan M

Manning has never played for the defenses brady had.

Coming into this weekends game, Denver's defense was rated #1 in the AFC.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!