IGNORED

2014-2015 NBA Season

Slice of Life
Note: This thread is 3021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I disagree.. I would find it silly to give the MVP to anyone other than someone from the winning team.. You are MVP because contributed in a way that helped your team WIN..

I don't care about what the guys on the losing team did, or how many games they would have it wouldn't have won.. I can make the same case and say that without Iggy GS loses the championship, especially the way he played defense and hit some of the clutch 3s ect.

I disagree on that. Even though he was important, if Lebron got hurt during game 1 and didn't play the rest of the series. Cleveland gets swept and trounced. It would probably be GS in 4 games, with a scoring margin in the 20's.

If Iggy gets hurt in game 1. I think the series would be 50% chance either teams wins in 6, or 50% chance either team wins in 7.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I disagree on that. Even though he was important, if Lebron got hurt during game 1 and didn't play the rest of the series. Cleveland gets swept and trounced. It would probably be GS in 4 games, with a scoring margin in the 20's.  If Iggy gets hurt in game 1. I think the series would be 50% chance either teams wins in 6, or 50% chance either team wins in 7.

Yeah, you just pulled these percentages from where? I think GS loses in 5 if Iggy gets injured. Or even Curry.. GS goes no where if he gets hurt. Anyway.... I'm happy the series is over in six.. I am going to be traveling and would have missed game 7.. :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Yeah, you just pulled these percentages from where? I think GS loses in 5 if Iggy gets injured. Or even Curry.. GS goes no where if he gets hurt.

Just from watching the series. Still, if Lebron is hurt Cleveland gets swept.

If Andre got hurt after game 1, I still think the series goes 6 games. Even if they go 5 games, I think the games would be close.

From NBA.com, the Player's Impact Effect stat. Basically how important that player was to that team.

Lebron: 21.0

Curry: 15.2

Irving: 15.2

Mozgov: 13.6

Andre Iguodala: 13.5

Basically Andre was as important to Golden State as Mozgov was to Cleveland. It wasn't even close to how important Lebron is to Cleveland compared to how important Andre was to Golden State.

Who was Most Valuable. Lebron was.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I was glad LeBron didn't win MVP. Iggy deserved it...we don't need consolation prizes. Just glad Curry didn't win it.
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Just from watching the series. Still, if Lebron is hurt Cleveland gets swept.  If Andre got hurt after game 1, I still think the series goes 6 games. Even if they go 5 games, I think the games would be close.  From NBA.com, the Player's Impact Effect stat. Basically how important that player was to that team.  Lebron: 21.0 Curry: 15.2 Irving: 15.2 Mozgov: 13.6 Andre Iguodala: 13.5 Basically Andre was as important to Golden State as Mozgov was to Cleveland. It wasn't even close to how important Lebron is to Cleveland compared to how important Andre was to Golden State.  Who was Most Valuable. Lebron was.

I'll take a look at those stats.. I personally would never vote for someone who was on the losing team.. I guess we will just have to disagree on this one. I would have been happy if they gave it to Curry too..but I have no issue with AI..

Eyad

The award is called the "Most Valuable Player." Not MVPOWT. Good luck finding someone in the finals who was more valuable than Lebron.

Generally this is an argument AGAINST giving an MVP award to a player from a losing team, with a slight alteration:

"The award is called Most Valuable Player, not Best Stats or Most Outstanding Player.  How valuable can a player really be considered if his team lost?  Without him, what would have happened?  They'd have still lost, no?"

Regardless, that's not my argument because I have no qualms about them giving it to a player on the winning or the losing team ... I've always considered MVP to be outdated terminology, and it's really (or should be) more like MOP anyway.

Disclaimer:  I did not watch the series. ;-)

Lebron was easily the most valuable player in the series, but it would be awkward giving him that trophy during the Warriors celebration and whatnot. I think Lebron would prefer to NOT win it.

Riley

• Administrator

Lebron was easily the most valuable player in the series, but it would be awkward giving him that trophy during the Warriors celebration and whatnot. I think Lebron would prefer to NOT win it.

I agree with that as well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think if anything this finals has confirmed that no matter how good one person is you need people around you to win. LJ is probably the best player in the world, and he had no problem saying that he is the best player in the world on national TV, so this must be a humbling experience for him. At least I hope it was, because he went home empty handed in the end.. I think I'm going to adopt GS as my new favorite team, I enjoyed their defense and fast break ability.. Combined with deadly shooting and sweet passing what's not to like! I hope they keep the core next year, and they have a good chance to repeat..

Eyad

I think if anything this finals has confirmed that no matter how good one person is you need people around you to win. LJ is probably the best player in the world, and he had no problem saying that he is the best player in the world on national TV, so this must be a humbling experience for him. At least I hope it was, because he went home empty handed in the end.. I think I'm going to adopt GS as my new favorite team, I enjoyed their defense and fast break ability.. Combined with deadly shooting and sweet passing what's not to like! I hope they keep the core next year, and they have a good chance to repeat..

LeBron said it himself, you need 2 all-stars to win it all (doesn't mean you will win it). One super stud can't, 2 can with very little support.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I think if anything, the Cavs showed that if they can stay healthy...nobody will be able to stop them. Took a completely healthy 67 win GS team to 6 games with 3 starters out. But it's Cleveland, so I'm sure something ridiculous will happen to ruin things for us.

Ryan M

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/125234/] [/URL]

Weak sauce, but I'm sure it was posted in jest. Not sure Kyrie and Love would have put them over the hump this year though, GS was a juggernaut.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Weak sauce, but I'm sure it was posted in jest. Not sure Kyrie and Love would have put them over the hump this year though, GS was a juggernaut.

It's not even just Kyrie and Love. Toss in Varejao too. Even with much lesser players, LeBron took it to 6 games. Throw in 2 of those 3 even so they could have gotten past a 7 man rotation, and it would have been over.

Call it weak sauce all you want, but if the Cavs were healthy and GS was missing Thompson and Green, it would have been a sweep. And an ugly one at that.

Ryan M

It's not even just Kyrie and Love. Toss in Varejao too. Even with much lesser players, LeBron took it to 6 games. Throw in 2 of those 3 even so they could have gotten past a 7 man rotation, and it would have been over.

Call it weak sauce all you want, but if the Cavs were healthy and GS was missing Thompson and Green, it would have been a sweep. And an ugly one at that.

Cleveland was just unlucky to have KL and Irving injured. If both were playing CLE was 4-1 in my book. When Jr Smith is your second option you know you are done. LeBron + a bunch of scrubs were close to get it done.

In the Bag:

D     Cobra Amp Cell Pro 

W    Ping G25

H    Titlelist 910 H

I     Titleist AP2 710

W   Vokey TVD K 60 - TVD K 54 - SM5 50

P    Ping TR Cadence Heavy

================================

"Rumores fuge, ne incipias novus auctor haberi: nam nulli tacuisse nocet, nocet esse locutum"

It's not even just Kyrie and Love. Toss in Varejao too. Even with much lesser players, LeBron took it to 6 games. Throw in 2 of those 3 even so they could have gotten past a 7 man rotation, and it would have been over.  Call it weak sauce all you want, but if the Cavs were healthy and GS was missing Thompson and Green, it would have been a sweep. And an ugly one at that.

I just think that's a real leap to make. With all-stars around him LeBron's efforts would have been minimized as he'd have more support. Look at the regular season, GS wasn't going to be beat this year, in my opinion. They were just too deep. They benched arguably their 2nd or 3rd best player through the season in Bogut for the series.

It's not even just Kyrie and Love. Toss in Varejao too. Even with much lesser players, LeBron took it to 6 games. Throw in 2 of those 3 even so they could have gotten past a 7 man rotation, and it would have been over.  Call it weak sauce all you want, but if the Cavs were healthy and GS was missing Thompson and Green, it would have been a sweep. And an ugly one at that.

Spoken like a true cavs fan.. We can stop the shoulda coulda woulda though because it just didn't happen.. The better team won, you can always hope for something next year? Then again no one can ensure health, it is part of the game isn't it?

Eyad

Spoken like a true cavs fan.. We can stop the shoulda coulda woulda though because it just didn't happen.. The better team won, you can always hope for something next year? Then again no one can ensure health, it is part of the game isn't it?

No, spoken like someone who uses logic. A team lost its 2nd and 3rd best players in the playoffs and still took it to 6 games. 2nd and 3rd. You seriously think GS is winning against a healthy Cavs team with no Thompson and Green? They probably wouldn't win a game. Not sure why that's such a huge leap or homerism....

Look at the Cavs record for the 2nd half of the season and compare it to GS.

Ryan M

Note: This thread is 3021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!