IGNORED

RFKFREAK's Journal About Golf Past, Present, and Future

RFKFREAK

Que?

I must have missed a post or something discussing that subject.

alt + 0233 = é, as in "¿Qué?" lol!!!

Also, an added bonus, muscle is an efficient fat burner! :D

just in reference to this.  someone with more muscle mass doesnt burn as many extra calories resting in comparison to a leaner person as was once thought.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman

just in reference to this.  someone with more muscle mass doesnt burn as many extra calories resting in comparison to a leaner person as was once thought.

The keyword that I missed the first three times I read this sentence.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin007

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman

The keyword that I missed the first three times I read this sentence.

Well, you're all a lot more knowledgeable about that stuff than I am so I'll let you all figure it out. :dance:

For the first time yesterday I tried calculating my 1RM while working out.  I probably should have calculated by 1RM separately from my workout but I wanted to get a workout in and also figure out my 1RM without having to wait.  So, what I got was a mix of weights and reps but I think I have a sense of getting the figure to calculate my 1RM, at least, for my push day.

I also did the HIIT cardio workout for the treadmill that I found but I think 10 might be too fast a speed at this time as my inner thighs were hurting so I might scale that down to 8 next time.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I began my weight loss journey from a starting point of 277.4 pounds on December 8 and five months and twenty days later, I jumped on the scale on this morning and saw this:

So, one of my goals down.  Onward!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christian

I began my weight loss journey from a starting point of 277.4 pounds on December 8 and five months and twenty days later, I jumped on the scale on this morning and saw this: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/122740/] [/URL] So, one of my goals down.  Onward!

That's awesome dude! I topped out at 259 in college and dropping that baggage has been awesome.

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Congrats!! I have been on a weight loss journey too ... dropped 25 lbs and have maintained it for the last 12 months ... for some reason dropping the last 10 lbs and maintaining that just eludes me.
  • Upvote 1

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I began my weight loss journey from a starting point of 277.4 pounds on December 8 and five months and twenty days later, I jumped on the scale on this morning and saw this:

Damn, you'll pass me soon. I've just started back at the gym. 215 was the starting number... well, ok, prob more like 214+, but always round up to start a program.  Will check again in a couple weeks. Don't pass me by before then! CONGRATS!!!!

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Well done, RFKFREAK, for losing 50 lbs.

Top 10 list of what you will do in the next 3 months:

10. Lose 30 more lbs.

9. Lower HI by another 10 points.

2. Defeat ISIS

1. Solve World hunger.

• Upvote 2

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Well done, RFKFREAK, for losing 50 lbs. Top 10 list of what you will do in the next 3 months: 10. Lose 30 more lbs. 9. Lower HI by another 10 points. . . . . 2. Defeat ISIS 1. Solve World hunger.

#1 is a bit of a catch-22, isn't it?

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Well, you're all a lot more knowledgeable about that stuff than I am so I'll let you all figure it out.

For the first time yesterday I tried calculating my 1RM while working out.  I probably should have calculated by 1RM separately from my workout but I wanted to get a workout in and also figure out my 1RM without having to wait.  So, what I got was a mix of weights and reps but I think I have a sense of getting the figure to calculate my 1RM, at least, for my push day.

I also did the HIIT cardio workout for the treadmill that I found but I think 10 might be too fast a speed at this time as my inner thighs were hurting so I might scale that down to 8 next time.

Congrats on that quick weight loss and the associated increase in fitness.  Those are serious changes that can have positive health benefits.

Do you have a separate 'leg day'?  Some lunges and squats and maybe dead lifts would be something to add to all that or could be done on alternating days. The leg muscles are some of the bodies biggest muscles and you can get a lot of benefits from working them. http://stronglifts.com/5-reasons-why-train-legs-squats/

You could have 2 days upper body and 2 days lower body per week.  Some do 3 + 3.  Your upper body can rest while your lower body works and vice a versa.

And of course, many do both upper and lower on the same day with rest days between workouts.

Do extra cardio on the off days.

What is the exercise tracking software that you are using? I'd like to try that myself.

Very impressive, indeed! Congratulations for denying yourself all those goodies over the last 5 months. Best wishes in getting to you next goal and keeping the weight off. Believe me when I tell you, as you get older it gets more and more difficult to lose weight.

Played two rounds this weekend.  First time I've played two rounds in a row where I got a birdie in each round.  Shot my lowest round ever yesterday!

Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day): Score: 92

Congratulations on two milestones this past Memorial Day. Breaking 90 is just around the corner. :dance:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

10. Lose 30 more lbs.

2. Defeat ISIS

1. Solve World hunger.

#1 is a bit of a catch-22, isn't it?

He's already doing that by eating less ...

But I think 9 is very doable if not by 10 points, by 5 points.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

That's awesome dude! I topped out at 259 in college and dropping that baggage has been awesome.

Thanks!  What are you now, 258? :whistle:

Congratulations mate. Well done :)

Regards

Mailman

Thanks, sir!

Damn, you'll pass me soon. I've just started back at the gym. 215 was the starting number... well, ok, prob more like 214+, but always round up to start a program.  Will check again in a couple weeks. Don't pass me by before then! CONGRATS!!!!

Haha, well, depending on when you started, you're probably way ahead of me.  Starting at 215 would have been awesome for me.  If you don't mind my asking, how tall are you?

10. Lose 30 more lbs.

2. Defeat ISIS

1. Solve World hunger.

Wow, another 30 pounds.  I'm not sure when the last time was that I was sub 200.  Wonder if I'd look emaciated, haha.

Congrats on that quick weight loss and the associated increase in fitness.  Those are serious changes that can have positive health benefits.

Do you have a separate 'leg day'?  Some lunges and squats and maybe dead lifts would be something to add to all that or could be done on alternating days. The leg muscles are some of the bodies biggest muscles and you can get a lot of benefits from working them. http://stronglifts.com/5-reasons-why-train-legs-squats/

You could have 2 days upper body and 2 days lower body per week.  Some do 3 + 3.  Your upper body can rest while your lower body works and vice a versa.

And of course, many do both upper and lower on the same day with rest days between workouts.

Do extra cardio on the off days.

What is the exercise tracking software that you are using? I'd like to try that myself.

I try and workout 3 days a week, M/W/F but lately the Rangers playoff run has gotten in the way somewhat.  I have a push day, leg day, and a pull day.  I try and schedule the leg day for middle of the week since I play golf Saturday and Sunday and generally walk courses.  I think if I did legs on Friday, I'd be dead on Saturday, haha.  Since I just started this new training program, I've been figuring out my 1RM for each exercise that I do and then roughly 6 reps at 85% of my 1RM.  I normally do cardio after I lift.

The app is https://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Very impressive, indeed! Congratulations for denying yourself all those goodies over the last 5 months. Best wishes in getting to you next goal and keeping the weight off. Believe me when I tell you, as you get older it gets more and more difficult to lose weight.

Congratulations on two milestones this past Memorial Day. Breaking 90 is just around the corner.

Haha, good thing I have a strong will power since I do like my goodies. ;)

I'm sure it's more difficult.  I'm very fortunate in that it doesn't take a lot for me to lose weight but it takes a while to gain it.

Hoping 90 is this weekend (but if I do it before the season's out, I'll be happy with that, too).

He's already doing that by eating less ...

But I think 9 is very doable if not by 10 points, by 5 points.

My HC was 30.9 when the season began and IIRC, I set a goal of getting my HC to 22 before the end of the season.  Right now it's at 29 but, it'll likely go down some when it gets recalculated tomorrow.  At some point, I'd like to be able to play a tournament but I think if it happens, it won't happen until next year.

Thanks again, everyone! :-)

Christian

Thanks!  What are you now, 258? :whistle

Haha, no but close. I've ballooned back up to the high 180s after getting down to 165.

Dom's Sticks:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallT

Haha, well, depending on when you started, you're probably way ahead of me.  Starting at 215 would have been awesome for me.  If you don't mind my asking, how tall are you?

6' even. I have been as low as 190 or so within the last 5 years, but I've let 25lbs creep in.  Below 190 seems like too much effort, but I think I can get into the 190s and stay there without changing my life too much. I've just been way too lazy in my eating and exercise this past year. And I basically just started yesterday :beer: - before that, it was mostly thinking about starting.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Christian, how tall are you?  6-2?  i weigh in at 215 at 6-4

Yup 6'2".

I would have thought you weighed more than 215.  Do you know what percentage body fat you have?

Christian