IGNORED

OS X Yosemite

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 3401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone upgrade to this?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yup. Got it on launch day.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

Yup. Got it on launch day.

Ditto.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I finally did recently. I got 5 *more* gigs after installing. Went pretty smooth. No surprises, but iMovie, well, it just doesn't work properly. I just got a simpler to use video editing app. Not gonna upgrade iMovie as I don't use it that much.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Thanks all.  I will load it tonight.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Before you do, and it may be 99.999% overkill, but do this:

1. Boot to the recovery partition by restarting and holding down cmd-R.
  2. Launch Disk Utility.
  3. Run "Verify Disk" and repair if necessary.
  4. Repair permissions as well while you're in there.

The latter really is unlikely to matter much, but it takes so little time, you may as well.

The former I do once every few months. Just before installing a major update is as good a time as any.

• Upvote 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Before you do, and it may be 99.999% overkill, but do this:

Boot to the recovery partition by restarting and holding down cmd-R.

Launch Disk Utility.

Run "Verify Disk" and repair if necessary.

Repair permissions as well while you're in there.

The latter really is unlikely to matter much, but it takes so little time, you may as well.

The former I do once every few months. Just before installing a major update is as good a time as any.

Thanks.  Will do.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Did anyone else experience the pixelation issue after upgrading?  It is kinda driving me crazy - I can't identify the trigger but parts of the screen just go kooky pixelated.  Web search shows it to be a known issue, but sadly haven't found out how to fix it yet.

It is a 2010 27" iMac.

Did anyone else experience the pixelation issue after upgrading?  It is kinda driving me crazy - I can't identify the trigger but parts of the screen just go kooky pixelated.  Web search shows it to be a known issue, but sadly haven't found out how to fix it yet. It is a 2010 27" iMac.

Nope. Hadn't even heard of it until just now.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

Did anyone else experience the pixelation issue after upgrading?  It is kinda driving me crazy - I can't identify the trigger but parts of the screen just go kooky pixelated.  Web search shows it to be a known issue, but sadly haven't found out how to fix it yet.

It is a 2010 27" iMac.

Take it a Genius Bar. May be a video card issue, may be RAM related, etc. You can run Apple Hardware Test. Reboot and hold down the "D" key.

I love Yosemity and the way it works with IOS 8.

My Macbook hard drive failed just as I was moving from the beta version to the released version but the apple store installed a new 500gb drive and it has been flawless so far.

Don

Took up golf late in life with a lot to catch up. 

I too installed on the launch date.  But I did notice some of the third party software needed to be upgraded (with upgrade fee, of course - Ugh!).

Other than some third party software issues, so far, so good. Knock on wood.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator

I too installed on the launch date.  But I did notice some of the third party software needed to be upgraded (with upgrade fee, of course - Ugh!).

Like what? I didn't have to upgrade anything.

Like what? I didn't have to upgrade anything.

I need some PC programs for work, so I use VMware Fusion on my Macbook Pro to emulate PC.  I had version 5.x Pro, but had to purchase an upgrade to version 7 in order to run it on Yosemite.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator

I need some PC programs for work, so I use VMware Fusion on my Macbook Pro to emulate PC.  I had version 5.x Pro, but had to purchase an upgrade to version 7 in order to run it on Yosemite.

Ah. Makes sense. I hadn't heard of a BUNCH of stuff requiring updates from 10.9 to 10.10. The APIs didn't really advance/change/get deprecated much.

Note: This thread is 3401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!