IGNORED

Smoking Weed on the Golf Course

Patch
Note: This thread is 3400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think this thread should be locked because it won't end well. These topics always seem to divide. The OP will come back and dig a deeper hole trying to validate his story. The anti-drugs folks will turn it into something it's not to back him questioning anyone's morals that doubts the OP. I'm out.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave2512

Only if you believe this fish tale, I don't. His second post was too perfect in the way he answered every question about how it happened, chronological even to the previously posted doubts. He fabricated his second post as a means to an end. I don't doubt a variation of it happened but the second post is fantasy. The holes were easy to see from the beginning.

yeah, that second post was a strange one... the cops were off duty and in plain clothes but their badges clearly visible... something's not adding up .

I've seen off duty police officers wear their badges in small towns in New Mexico and AZ. It's more common for them to pull it out of a special wallet when needed. They are all supposed to uphold the law at all times even when not paid to do so.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Get real.... with the potency of today's marijuana, it only takes a couple tokes to get higher than an entire joint would get you back in my smoking days.  There is zero reason to smoke pot except to get high, and if you think otherwise you are kidding yourself.  Even for pain relief, you are still getting high, and it's actually been proven that for pain, it's more effective to refine the effective ingredients out of the plant and administer them without the smoke or the high.

Rick, dude, cut the BS. @turtleback, no need to respond to nonsense. You're welcome to, I just advise you to let this look stupid all on its own.

More than 99% of users in Colorado are not in pain, so don't jump in my case.  They smoke to get high - period.  Are you saying that when a patient smokes for pain, he doesn't get a buzz from it too?  How does that work?

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

• Administrator
More than 99% of users in Colorado are not in pain, so don't jump in my case.  They smoke to get high - period.  Are you saying that when a patient smokes for pain, he doesn't get a buzz from it too?  How does that work?

No, I didn't say that.

Not everyone "gets high" from small to moderate amounts pot, either, Rick.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's called CBD, no buzz, kids use it. Google it.

I think this thread should be locked because it won't end well. These topics always seem to divide. The OP will come back and dig a deeper hole trying to validate his story. The anti-drugs folks will turn it into something it's not to back him questioning anyone's morals that doubts the OP. I'm out.

And the pro-druggies will turn it into something it's not by calling the OP a lie, (as usual)

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

I've seen off duty police officers wear their badges in small towns in New Mexico and AZ. It's more common for them to pull it out of a special wallet when needed. They are all supposed to uphold the law at all times even when not paid to do so.

ahh... didn't know that... I stand corrected O:)

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

• Administrator
And the pro-druggies will turn it into something it's not by calling the OP a lie, (as usual)

Contribute something of value or just stay out of it, please.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

It's called CBD, no buzz, kids use it. Google it.

And that isn't what I, or most people, call "pot".  Pot is the appellation for the recreational form of marijuana.  CBD enhanced cannabis is a specific hybrid for medical uses with raised therapeutic value and often with lowered or nonexistent psychoactive properties, and unlikely to be found in the typical pot shop in Colorado unless they specialize in offering medical marijuana.  You can't tell me that the push to legalize marijuana in Colorado was so that the average Joe could buy CBD.

Rick

Contribute something of value or just stay out of it, please.

I am a marked man, my comment was no more off topic than his, and was in response too his. How was his comment ok, and mine was not ?

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

I am a marked man, my comment was no more off topic than his, and was in response too his. How was his comment ok, and mine was not ?

I think mostly because he was saying the thread should be closed and gave the reasons he thought so. While I agree somewhat with you, and almost made a post about it, his post was more "productive" because it wasn't only an attack on anti-drug people. I don't think either of your posts was necessary personally though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I think mostly because he was saying the thread should be closed and gave the reasons he thought so. While I agree somewhat with you, and almost made a post about it, his post was more "productive" because it wasn't only an attack on anti-drug people. I don't think either of your posts was necessary personally though.

Probably right here.

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

It wasn't an attack on anyone. I think the OP's story is just that a tale. I don't care if people are pro or anti drug but the climate seemed some were ready to rally the mob purely because his mention of marijuana and it later was mentioned someone supposedly attacked a police officer. Which is why I call bunk on the story.

To me it reads like this. We encountered some guys smoking pot and we decided to part ways. It was a huge coincidence but we ended up finishing at the same time despite parting ways several holes ago and would you believe it we parked right next to each other. Oh and by the way my cop SIL arrived at that exact moment too. If not for some bad attitude on the part of the smokers it would have been a non issue.

It didn't add up and me and others questioned it. Later he came back with all the juicy stuff. What would be the point of creating a multi paragraph post starting a thread about pot and leave out the all the rest he later disclosed? For the record I don't think smoking dope in front of kids is a good thing, on the course or anywhere. But lying isn't high on my list of good deeds either.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

To be a marked man assumes that we care or know about you. I do not. Others may have a recollection of you, but I do not.

Stick to the topic, please. Not the meta-topic. Further OT posts will be removed.

drug discussions will probably almost always go off topic, that is why the last time it was brought up a thread was opened just to talk about drugs.. I guess everyone can just be directed there and discuss away.. Although everything that needed to be said was said so I would be surprised if anything extra can be added. I do agree with many that have mentioned that the real story here isn't the pot but rather the two guys being jerks when told to go smoke discretely! I don't have any reason to think the OP was lying or making up stuff, he wanted to convey a certain part of the story and thus the title of the thread. The fact he left the stuff in what happened after is not relevant. In my opinion anyway.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Weed on the golf course? What would it do to a golfer's reaction time?

I can see some stoner hearing someone yell "Fore," and then get hit in the head by a golf ball while he's trying to remember what "Fore" means.

Or suppose a bear attacks the foursome. Would the stoner say "Hey, dude..." right before the bear clawed him?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

drug discussions will probably almost always go off topic, that is why the last time it was brought up a thread was opened just to talk about drugs.. I guess everyone can just be directed there and discuss away.. Although everything that needed to be said was said so I would be surprised if anything extra can be added.

I do agree with many that have mentioned that the real story here isn't the pot but rather the two guys being jerks when told to go smoke discretely! I don't have any reason to think the OP was lying or making up stuff, he wanted to convey a certain part of the story and thus the title of the thread. The fact he left the stuff in what happened after is not relevant. In my opinion anyway.

Exactly, questioning the validity of the story is OT. That was my point from the start, just picked a poor way to get it across

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

It wasn't an attack on anyone. I think the OP's story is just that a tale. I don't care if people are pro or anti drug but the climate seemed some were ready to rally the mob purely because his mention of marijuana and it later was mentioned someone supposedly attacked a police officer. Which is why I call bunk on the story.

To me it reads like this. We encountered some guys smoking pot and we decided to part ways. It was a huge coincidence but we ended up finishing at the same time despite parting ways several holes ago and would you believe it we parked right next to each other. Oh and by the way my cop SIL arrived at that exact moment too. If not for some bad attitude on the part of the smokers it would have been a non issue.

It didn't add up and me and others questioned it. Later he came back with all the juicy stuff. What would be the point of creating a multi paragraph post starting a thread about pot and leave out the all the rest he later disclosed? For the record I don't think smoking dope in front of kids is a good thing, on the course or anywhere. But lying isn't high on my list of good deeds either.

Regardless of the veracity of the original post, the question asked has some relevancy, which the discussion has proven.  I guess that most of us aren't as quick to make judgements about someone we've never met and without any evidence to support our accusations.  I agree that the way it developed sounded a bit fishy, but the general idea was to solicit opinions about the advisability of doing certain things in a public setting in front of children, particularly children one doesn't even know, and even after having been asked to suspend such activity.  The remainder of the cross discussion was spurred by comments like yours, spreading doubt about the results of the confrontation, requiring further explanation from the OP, which then sounded a bit too pat.

However, that doesn't make it a fiction, no matter how coincidental it seems.

Rick

Note: This thread is 3400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!