IGNORED

Inaccessible clubhead speed

Note: This thread is 3372 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's really not ... He just needs to be convinced that his gadget doesn't work.

You have seen so many of these threads you have lost the ability to really enjoy the humor in them. I mean come on, it's a little amusing right? :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/79697/inaccessible-clubhead-speed/30_10#post_1101164"] It's really not ... He just needs to be convinced that his gadget doesn't work.

You have seen so many of these threads you have lost the ability to really enjoy the humor in them. I mean come on, it's a little amusing right? :)[/quote] In a dark sort of manner, I suppose that I could see the "humor". I wouldn't be too quick to laugh, though, because the OP is clearly not aware that his equipment or the setup of the equipment is faulty.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

In a dark sort of manner, I suppose that I could see the "humor". I wouldn't be too quick to laugh, though, because the OP is clearly not aware that his equipment or the setup of the equipment is faulty.

Isn't that what makes this thread so funny though? I mean the guy hasn't done enough reading to know that swinging a wedge 110+ mph is almost non existent in this world to make him check his equipment?

Eyad

Isn't that what makes this thread so funny though? I mean the guy hasn't done enough reading to know that swinging a wedge 110+ mph is almost non existent in this world to make him check his equipment?

Is there a new rule im unaware of that says you have to know a certain amount of stuff about golf and the golf swing before you can join tst and start learning? We're not supposed to drive away new members who need help, were supposed to help them.

• Upvote 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

Is there a new rule im unaware of that says you have to know a certain amount of stuff about golf and the golf swing before you can join tst and start learning?

We're not supposed to drive away new members who need help, were supposed to help them.

Well said!!!!!

Bob

WITB

Driver:                         Ping I25 10.5 PWR65 stiff Flex

Fairway Woods:          Ping TiSi Tec 3, 5 and 7 graphite Cushin stiff flex

Irons:                         Pinhawk SL 5-PW 37.25 inches 

Wedges:                     Reid Lockhart 52 and 60 quad bounce, 56 dual bounce 

Putter:                        Boccieri Heavy Putter B3-M (250 gram back weight)

Ball:                            MG C4 / Wilson Duo

Grips:                         Winn DriTac midsize Blue

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

In a dark sort of manner, I suppose that I could see the "humor".

I wouldn't be too quick to laugh, though, because the OP is clearly not aware that his equipment or the setup of the equipment is faulty.

Quote:

Is there a new rule im unaware of that says you have to know a certain amount of stuff about golf and the golf swing before you can join tst and start learning?

We're not supposed to drive away new members who need help, were supposed to help them.

I don't think it really has to do with people being knowledgeable or not. Most normal people don't believe themselves to be Jason Zuback, even the most green of beginners. There was a caddy at the course I work at who despite being a decent golfer and being plenty exposed to the game was convinced he could hit his 3 iron 280 "if he really got a hold of it" and figured his swing speed to be 120's/ 130's with the driver. He was convinced of all this despite the fact I consistently outdrove him by around 25 yards with my 265-280 yard drives. Even outdrove with a driving iron on one of the downhill holes. Some folks are just helplessly delusional and will not listen to reason or practical advice. All you can do is have a chuckle.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

In a dark sort of manner, I suppose that I could see the "humor".

I wouldn't be too quick to laugh, though, because the OP is clearly not aware that his equipment or the setup of the equipment is faulty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

I don't think it really has to do with people being knowledgeable or not. Most normal people don't believe themselves to be Jason Zuback, even the most green of beginners. There was a caddy at the course I work at who despite being a decent golfer and being plenty exposed to the game was convinced he could hit his 3 iron 280 "if he really got a hold of it" and figured his swing speed to be 120's/ 130's with the driver. He was convinced of all this despite the fact I consistently outdrove him by around 25 yards with my 265-280 yard drives. Even outdrove with a driving iron on one of the downhill holes. Some folks are just helplessly delusional and will not listen to reason or practical advice. All you can do is have a chuckle.

The OP didn't really appear to be the delusional type who thinks he's a long driver. In fact, I don't doubt that he can get the club head moving pretty fast. Maybe he can't swing as fast as he stated one or two times, but certainly not efficiently and repeatably.

Like @Golfingdad could use more education than ridicule.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Lihu, golfing dad, thank you. Abu3baid, your assumption is wrong and exposes you as one who is willing to make assumptions. I've read plenty and know what I'm talking about. The zepp device could be wrong. I'm fine with that. The pic below is the sandwedge swing from my zepp of the 121 mph swing. (No ball) I am plenty faster than the average golfer. I don't need to brag or boast. When I saw the 121 mph swing, I figured that maybe I was releasing early and that maybe I could get some of the speed to the ball. Even if the device is wrong my. My mid/high 84-86-88 mph swingspeed makes me happy. Occasionally I connect with 90+ mph swings on the wedges. It's this new level of speed that I'm transitioning into that I need help with. My driver is inconsistent. I go from 105-120 mph speeds. Usually 110 plus or minus a few mph.

Lihu, golfing dad, thank you. Abu3baid, your assumption is wrong and exposes you as one who is willing to make assumptions. I've read plenty and know what I'm talking about. The zepp device could be wrong. I'm fine with that. The pic below is the sandwedge swing from my zepp of the 121 mph swing. (No ball) I am plenty faster than the average golfer. I don't need to brag or boast. When I saw the 121 mph swing, I figured that maybe I was releasing early and that maybe I could get some of the speed to the ball. Even if the device is wrong my. My mid/high 84-86-88 mph swingspeed makes me happy. Occasionally I connect with 90+ mph swings on the wedges. It's this new level of speed that I'm transitioning into that I need help with. My driver is inconsistent. I go from 105-120 mph speeds. Usually 110 plus or minus a few mph.

Im sorry, good luck.

Eyad

My driver is inconsistent. I go from 105-120 mph speeds. Usually 110 plus or minus a few mph.

Try to get on a FlightScope, Trackman or other launch monitors, will give you a better idea of what your speed is.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

When I saw the 121 mph swing, I figured that maybe I was releasing early and that maybe I could get some of the speed to the ball. Even if the device is wrong my. My mid/high 84-86-88 mph swingspeed makes me happy.

Yea that doesn't look right at all. I am weary of something that just uses a cell phone video camera and a device strapped to your hand to measure club head speed of something moving at 80-120 mph. Just seems to be asking for all sorts of error added into the results.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Maybe his SW is going 120mph on his way back from the golf course

Haha, this. Although I do have a friend who has a 100 to 102 mph clubhead speed with a sw. It's crazy fast, and not really helping his scoring.

It seems that access to technology has put a lot (too much) of focus on swing speed, knowing your numbers is helpful when getting fitted. But it turned internet forum in slight showing off contest, no offense to the OP, it's just a trend I noticed.

It seems that access to technology has put a lot (too much) of focus on swing speed, knowing your numbers is helpful when getting fitted. But it turned internet forum in slight showing off contest, no offense to the OP, it's just a trend I noticed.

This is very true. In the end, as long as you hit far enough for your game is all that matters.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Also is your wedges swing speed really relevant? I can understand driver SS... but on wedges? I hardly ever hit those with distance in mind, more to do with sticking it as close as possible to the pin. The ball doesn't care whether it got hit with a 145mph SW or a 85mph PW, as long as it's where you want it to land! that's just the way I see golf.

Also is your wedges swing speed really relevant? I can understand driver SS... but on wedges? I hardly ever hit those with distance in mind, more to do with sticking it as close as possible to the pin. The ball doesn't care whether it got hit with a 145mph SW or a 85mph PW, as long as it's where you want it to land! that's just the way I see golf.

If you can swing a higher lofted club faster, then your chances of sticking a green are a lot higher. The landing trajectory is a lot steeper and the spin numbers are a lot higher.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oz Max

If you can swing a higher lofted club faster, then your chances of sticking a green are a lot higher. The landing trajectory is a lot steeper and the spin numbers are a lot higher.

Yeah but the pros aren't swinging their wedges 100mph and they can stop the ball on just about anything. Too much spin can also hurt accuracy

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Note: This thread is 3372 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!