IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm assuming a lot of pros draw the ball.. Is this an advantage for JW in some way?

Yes, working the ball right to left is not exclusive to JW but he's striking the ball as well as anyone right now so the combination of the two has to put him in the list of 5-10 guys with the best odds of winning on paper. He's not one I'm picking though. He hasn't convinced me he can hang with the pressue at the majors and we've seen what Sunday pressure at Augusta has done to many folks more talented than Jimmy Walker (Rory, Norman, Couples, etc.)

I always like Zach Johnson at this event; think he could make some noise. Jimmy Walker is a good candidate, too.

I'm picking Rory, for obvious reasons, as my favorite. After that, it's Spieth, Bubba, and Zach Johnson.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is this the year for new blood, a couple of rivalries?  The Master is always exciting.  Even if Swartzel or Immelman or  other one time heroes come through.  My pick is Rory and Patrick Reed and my dark horse is Jimmy Walker.  Hope Tiger competes.

Think it a young guns tournament these days, you might have one of the older guys perform well but think the likes of Spieth,Day,Bae,Rory Mc, and Stenson will be up there on the Sunday.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

I want Adam Scott to win so I can get some free Pure Grips :-D

If not then I hope Rory wins.

I think Dustin Johnson has a great shot. He looks to be playing really well and has the long game like Bubba.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Saying here that Augusta/Masters is unlike any other course/tournament is like preaching to the choir, it's a tournament that requires you to truly be on your game, but also have all your neurons firing at the right level. Jimmy Walker is on his game and I expect him to be there, but I'm not sure those neurons will fire just right on Sunday. He stumbled through the gates at Pebble last year, and his wins have been at average tour events. To his credit, he has had top 10s at big time events.

I hate ruling anyone out because I think it comes of haughty, but I'm not sure either Reed or Speith have a chance at winning unless that got a runaway lead like Kaymer at Pinehurst. Speith doesn't always seem composed on Sundays near the lead, especially last year. He might be getting better at it.

If either Bubba, Stenson or Rory smell a piece of the lead on the weekend, get ready for a crazy shootout. My gut tells me to pick Ryan Palmer, but that sh!t is wrong often. I'll pick him anyways.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

I see it more as plagiarizing Jim Nantz.

Hahaha!! Perhaps subconsciously, or maybe he and I just think alike.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Here's a thought - why not Jimmy Walker? He draws the ball and hits a ton of GIR. The knock on him is he doesn't win with the big names playing, but if he pulls out the Texas Open...

Is there an echo in here? :whistle:

I think your fanboy side might be coming out.

As @joekelly mentioned, you have Ricky who played excellent during the majors last year, Patrick Reed (even if I don't like him much) has also been playing at a high level, and Jimmy Walker, whose name is never thrown around in these types of conversations, is still at the top of the FedEx Cup leaderboard after a solid season last year.  After Spieth's performance last year, IMO you'd have to be crazy to not put him on the list as one of the guys who can win at Augusta.  That said, I don't think it's a given that he's America's best hope.

I'm personally hoping Tiger plays and plays well.  I would love to see Phil and Tiger battle it out on Sunday.

Think it a young guns tournament these days, you might have one of the older guys perform well but think the likes of Spieth,Day,Bae,Rory Mc, and Stenson will be up there on the Sunday.

But will a young guy buck the trend and win it?

The last 5 winners and their ages when they won:

2014: Bubba Watson - 35

2013: Adam Scott- 32

2012: Bubba Watson- 33

2011: Charl Schwartzel- 26

2010: Phil Mickelson- 39

I don't think in the golfing world one would say someone in their 30's is young so outside of Schwartel who shot lights out during the final round in 2011, I don't think we have any other indicators that any of the younger players, sans Rory McIlroy, will be able to succeed under the kind of pressure that Sunday in Augusta will bring.

I would love to see Sergio put it together in a Major. I don't even know why. He's like the DiCaprio of golf.

+1.  I like Sergio and would like him to win a major.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Is there an echo in here?

Not sure what you mean, but getting back on topic ...

I really like Jimmy Walker to win the Masters.  Think he's a bit under the radar even after last weeks win.

+1.  I like Sergio and would like him to win a major.

Nope :-D

Not sure what you mean, but getting back on topic ...

I really like Jimmy Walker to win the Masters.  Think he's a bit under the radar even after last weeks win.

He always seems to get off to a fast start to the year then falls off right around now and ends up being under the radar type of guy who doesn't really win much later on in the season. I think the last two years he's been near the top of the winnings list to start the year.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm all for speculation when it comes to betting on the outcome as a form of competition and fun, but for people to be seriously "picking" and "liking" certain players to win is ridiculous. Moreso, people after the event who claim to have had "a feeling". Someone might get it right, but their guess is really no better than anyone's. Monkeys and typewriters.

There are probably 30 players who could win and 20 who almost certainly won't. The possibles list is huge:

Garcia?

Scott?

McIlroy?

Spieth?

Donald?

Day?

Snedeker"

Watson? (B)

Johnson (Both)

Walker?

Cabrera?

the list goes on and on.

I'll just let it unfold.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I'm all for speculation when it comes to betting on the outcome as a form of competition and fun, but for people to be seriously "picking" and "liking" certain players to win is ridiculous. Moreso, people after the event who claim to have had "a feeling". Someone might get it right, but their guess is really no better than anyone's. Monkeys and typewriters.

There are probably 30 players who could win and 20 who almost certainly won't. The possibles list is huge:

Garcia?

Scott?

McIlroy?

Spieth?

Donald?

Day?

Snedeker"

Watson? (B)

Johnson (Both)

Walker?

Cabrera?

the list goes on and on.

I'll just let it unfold.

I've got some great oceanfront property for sale if you think Luke Donald has a legitimate shot at winning.

But yes, there are definitely 20+ guys that can  win. I have no idea who it'll be though beyond the usual names everyone else is throwing around.

• Upvote 1

I've got some great oceanfront property for sale if you think Luke Donald has a legitimate shot at winning.

But yes, there are definitely 20+ guys that can  win. I have no idea who it'll be though beyond the usual names everyone else is throwing around.

:-$

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Mcilroy,Fowler,Stenson.I reckon those will be in contention on Sunday.

If Stenson gets the putter going he has a great chance.

Still no Scandanavian has won a major.

Fowler at 33/1 is great each way bet.I can't believe some bookies has Mcilroy at 5/1.ridiculous.

Outsiders.Koepka 66/1 and Oosthuizen 50/1.

Note: This thread is 3299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!