IGNORED

2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This course has been a welcome change from the tree-lined green courses that all look the same.

CB has a tree!

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What happened to Rex Hoggard's face?

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

CB has a tree!

That is correct.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I really like the way this course looks, and I'm sure it's a lot of fun to play!

You must enjoy scoring 10 or 11 each hole

In the Bag:

D     Cobra Amp Cell Pro 

W    Ping G25

H    Titlelist 910 H

I     Titleist AP2 710

W   Vokey TVD K 60 - TVD K 54 - SM5 50

P    Ping TR Cadence Heavy

================================

"Rumores fuge, ne incipias novus auctor haberi: nam nulli tacuisse nocet, nocet esse locutum"

??? What is the leading score right now and how many guys are under par? Just curious. I get a kick how people are ripping the course difficulty yet there are more players under par than what you typically see at this stage in the U.S. Open.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 32quattro

??? What is the leading score right now and how many guys are under par? Just curious.

I get a kick how people are ripping the course difficulty yet there are more players under par than what you typically see at this stage in the U.S. Open.

Agree.  Plus the set up for normal golf at CB is a lot different. I think it would be a fun course to play.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Only 1 day to go for this terrible Golf Course. A shame to be nominated as  the 2015 US Open. Oakmont Country Club is having a party right now, what could be worse than this dump ? Sorry quarry.

This is definitely not the kind of golf we're used to seeing. The ultimate had to be when Dustin Johnson's shot into the the 8th green yesterday rolled off it then backwards down the cart path for bleedin' ever. It's just Silly Golf. Entertaining, but I'm glad we're getting back to normal next year, if the scariest golf course I've ever been on can be called normal.

This is definitely not the kind of golf we're used to seeing. The ultimate had to be when Dustin Johnson's shot into the the 8th green yesterday rolled off it then backwards down the cart path for bleedin' ever. It's just Silly Golf. Entertaining, but I'm glad we're getting back to normal next year, if the scariest golf course I've ever been on can be called normal.

What's normal? You do realize Oakmont is 20 times tougher than CB and the greens are a lot faster. The winning score at Oakmont in 2007 was +6. The U.S. Open is not normal golf....it's a challenge, and that's why many of us love it.

• Upvote 1

Horns up for Jordan today!!
  • Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

The golf course is ugly.  The greens are of very poor quality.  Good shots often are punished.  The course is not designed for live spectators.  One of the reasons that I may not like this US Open is because of the coverage by Fox.  Not a fan of Weiskopf.  The interviews by Holly Saunders are not professional.   Can't pick up the ball on the green on shots.  Most of all I hate the punishing 50 yard roll outs on shots that are not great, but not horrible.  The USGA has once again screwed up the national championship by making a course almost unplayable.

??? What is the leading score right now and how many guys are under par? Just curious.

I get a kick how people are ripping the course difficulty yet there are more players under par than what you typically see at this stage in the U.S. Open.

I didn't know @bogdan101 was a Tour Pro. My reply was to his comment " I really like the way this course looks, and I'm sure it's a lot of fun to play!" were I understood will be fun for amateur to putt from 20 feet and then putt again from 50 ft and finish with 6 putt + 5 to get there (maybe with a $ 50 extra caddie on your back pushing your four ball group toplay faster). Wouldn't be fantastic ?

In the Bag:

D     Cobra Amp Cell Pro 

W    Ping G25

H    Titlelist 910 H

I     Titleist AP2 710

"Rumores fuge, ne incipias novus auctor haberi: nam nulli tacuisse nocet, nocet esse locutum"

That's fine if you call it ugly. No problem with that. But just don't call this golf course unfair and a joke when you have several guys under par and a guy who has played it 10-under par over a 30-hole stretch. This is the U.S. Open, not the John Deere Classic. Last I checked its supposed to be tough but if you play it right you can score well. That's exactly whats happening.

What's normal? You do realize Oakmont is 20 times tougher than CB and the greens are a lot faster. The winning score at Oakmont in 2007 was +6. The U.S. Open is not normal golf....it's a challenge, and that's why many of us love it.

Normal is a course that has green grass, has discernible fairways and greens, and doesn't make you wonder if you're playing outdoor pinball.

And yes, I do realize all that about Oakmont. I haven't played it, but I've been on it. Like I said, scary.

That's fine if you call it ugly. No problem with that. But just don't call this golf course unfair and a joke when you have several guys under par and a guy who has played it 10-under par over a 30-hole stretch.

It is what it is ... and it does get into your head over time. I think that is one of the purposes of the Open.

When a putter like Spieth misses that many makable putts in a round, the course is in his head.

The USGA is doing its job.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Normal is a course that has green grass, has discernable fairways and greens, and doesn't make you wonder if you're playing outdoor pinball.

Outdoor pinball or snooker on a P12 sand paper grit.

In the Bag:

D     Cobra Amp Cell Pro 

W    Ping G25

H    Titlelist 910 H

I     Titleist AP2 710

Note: This thread is 3224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!