IGNORED

How Many Pair of TRUE Linkswear Shoes do You Own?

Note: This thread is 3254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How Many Pair of TRUE Linkswear Shoes do You Own?

• 0 (Why not? Best golf shoes on the market! :D)
    • 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-10
    • 10-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I can't pin point specifically what it is but it has something to do with the toe area of the shoes.

Absolutely. Some of them look very much like "clown shoes" because of how wide the toe area can be. Can't fault anybody for not liking that look. (But, GD are they comfortable! ;))

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mine are the full on clown shoe model. Original True Tours. Black and white, extra large toe, total clown shoes look. Never would have even tried them if not for a) the rave reviews from many posters I trust implicitly b) the crazy low price I paid for a previous years model. Glad I took the chance because the comfort is outstanding and they marry exceptionally well with aimpoint green reading.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Mine are the full on own shoe model. Original True Tours. Black and white, extra large toe, total clown shoes look. Never would have even tried them if not for a) the rave reviews from many posters I trust implicitly b) the crazy low price I paid for a previous years model. Glad I took the chance because the comfort is outstanding and they marry exceptionally well with aimpoint green reading.

Maybe you can get some nifty poms put on them... :-P [IMG]http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/32261468147_1/Free-shipping-2pcs-faux-fur-pompoms-for-caps-hats-font-b-shoes-b-font-clothes-keychains.jpg[/IMG]

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Maybe you can get some nifty poms put on them... :-P [IMG]http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/32261468147_1/Free-shipping-2pcs-faux-fur-pompoms-for-caps-hats-font-b-shoes-b-font-clothes-keychains.jpg[/IMG]

Now THAT would be gangster!!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

If you mean the black and white one, then I agree - that one is pretty goofy looking. They certainly have some different styles, some good, some not so much, but you're right - to each his own. :)

I can't pin point specifically what it is but it has something to do with the toe area of the shoes.

They build the forefoot and toe box wider so your feet have room to spread out naturally as if you were barefoot.  They definitely do look different than conventional tennies/golf shoes, but I have a pair of Merrell Barefoot tennies which are made the exact same way and they're very comfortable - so comfortable that I'll gladly accept the slight "clown shoe" look.  The fact that True Linkswear seems to be moving away from their "barefoot"/minimalist style shoes is what's keeping me from buying their newer models.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

If you mean the black and white one, then I agree - that one is pretty goofy looking. They certainly have some different styles, some good, some not so much, but you're right - to each his own. :)

They build the forefoot and toe box wider so your feet have room to spread out naturally as if you were barefoot.  They definitely do look different than conventional tennies/golf shoes, but I have a pair of Merrell Barefoot tennies which are made the exact same way and they're very comfortable - so comfortable that I'll gladly accept the slight "clown shoe" look.  The fact that True Linkswear seems to be moving away from their "barefoot"/minimalist style shoes is what's keeping me from buying their newer models.

Speaking of Merrell, my "golf" shoes are Merrell Moab Ventilator hiking shoes.  I get a lot more support on the sole and sides, and I need that.  They are super comfortable and cool in hot weather.  I just got a new pair, size 13EE.  I wear them everywhere in the summer, and I wear the higher waterproof model in the winter.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Speaking of Merrell, my "golf" shoes are Merrell Moab Ventilator hiking shoes.  I get a lot more support on the sole and sides, and I need that.  They are super comfortable and cool in hot weather.  I just got a new pair, size 13EE.  I wear them everywhere in the summer, and I wear the higher waterproof model in the winter.

Merrell makes great shoes.  I have a pair of their hiking boots and 2 pair of their tennies, all very comfortable shoes.  A friend of mine wears those exact same hikers (or a very similar model) as his golf shoes most of the time.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

In my email today for those who care...

http://link.rm0005.net/v/p5fpeqg_jjHaOAmQ-I6-mQ2

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Someone owns 20+ pair of golf shoes? Is Imelda Marcos on this forum? I don't think I've bought 20 pairs of athletic footwear in my lifetime!

Note: This thread is 3254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!